Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-06, 5:04pm

Default Mustard yellow glass?

Anyone have a recommendation for coe104 mustard yellow glass? Not a color I have in my supplies, but someone asked for beads made out of that color. Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-06, 5:23pm

I just used what I think was red roof tile with Raku and it came out mustard.
Old 2010-02-06, 5:29pm
one day at a time

I'm thinking Effetre Yellow Ochre (S-460)

I've never used it, but does anyone think this is more yellow like mustard, or is it to the green side?? I have one rod of it somewhere, and I remember the rod color is like a honey dijon color. I don't have any idea what it changes to in the flame, or if it changes at all.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Old 2010-02-06, 5:52pm
Mad about Glass

Agree with Lisi - either Effetre 460 or Vetrofond 460 - Senape/yellow ochre - should do the job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]

Old 2010-02-06, 6:06pm

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I see a small glass order in the near future.

Old 2010-02-06, 6:18pm
offically down under

I recommend the Effetre over the Vetrofond senape. The vetro is more greenie and the effetre is more Grey Poupon/baby poo. I love the vetro senape with nile green and turquoise. It's also lovely with violet and red brown.

Old 2010-02-06, 7:42pm
I like to melt things

The Effetre one strikes to a sort of orange/brown, so if you want to keep it mustard, try not to strike it. Otherwise, it's a good choice.

-
-
Old 2010-02-06, 7:50pm
What was I thinking?

Smile Hi Barb

Here's a picture of Effetre Relish, which I think has a very mustardy color, used with CiM Lapis:

Old 2010-02-06, 9:11pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

The color in the middle of this piece is Effetre 460 Yellow Ochre.

Jack

Old 2010-02-06, 10:15pm
offically down under

Here is an example of the Vetro senape.
Attached Images

Old 2010-02-06, 10:23pm
I practice alchemy!

My Effetre 460 is actually labeled Mustard. I actually used it recently because I was matching a color. Of course, regular mustard is more of a pastel dark yellow. And if you're trying to match the color of mustard flowers that is more the bright, acid yellow. Those fields are so bright they make your eyes ache.

Celeste
Old 2010-02-06, 11:41pm

I want to thank you all for all the suggestions and photos. I'm going to go through what I have to see I have any of what's been shown. I'll make up some sample beads and show the customer and see if that's what they have in mind. If not, I now have some other alternatives I can try, thanks to your help.

Barb

Old 2010-02-07, 12:48am

Effetre's new Butternut is nice too....

Old 2010-02-07, 2:13pm
Tamara Knight

the new rock yellow is nice mustard yellow with some darker lines
Old 2010-02-07, 2:47pm

It might not matter in the long run. I quoted a price, said I'd make up some sample beads and heard no more. On the other hand, I'm now intrigued by some of the suggestions here.

Old 2010-02-07, 4:07pm
Happy Beadmaker!

OOOOOOOh, love the Effetre Relish, Gretchen, gorgeous!

~
~
~
Old 2010-02-07, 5:45pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I vote for Ochre or Relish as stated above in other posts.

Ebay:
Old 2010-02-07, 9:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr2449 View Post
It might not matter in the long run. I quoted a price, said I'd make up some sample beads and heard no more. On the other hand, I'm now intrigued by some of the suggestions here.
Maybe she just hasn't checked her emails....Hoping she contacts you.
I am intrigued as well because I've never used the relish before but it looks great from the picture above!!

Old 2010-02-07, 11:14pm

The 460 is a different yellow each time you get it ... once upon a time is was translucent, but more recently it's changed to a variety of colors (none translucent) - greenish, more yellow, slightly orangey etc - all are 460!

Old 2010-02-08, 12:39pm
organically speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiesJewels View Post
The 460 is a different yellow each time you get it ... once upon a time is was translucent, but more recently it's changed to a variety of colors (none translucent) - greenish, more yellow, slightly orangey etc - all are 460!
I agree. I've had it run anywhere from straight yellow-mustard color to a pale green, almost wasabi-color. Of course, I also like the actual Wasabi from Effetre, too.

Old 2010-02-08, 6:42pm
Puddy Cat Lover

I love Effetre mustard. I make spacers in the disc shape. These are in my Etsy store. I bought this mustard glass years ago. I still have so much of it (thank goodness). I'm always afraid if I run out, I'll not get the same exact shade. I love it by itself and also love it next to any red opal color. It looks great with reddish brown colors like chestnut brown too.

J.
Attached Images

Old 2010-02-08, 9:54pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Effetre Mustard - works BEAUTIFULLY with SO MANY frits/glass!