Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-02-09, 7:27pm
Damn Frit Bitch

Default Photoshop Elements 5- saving in Jpeg?

OK, so I'm not very computer clever...... I got Photoshop Elements because I just wasn't getting very good pictures and I wanted to improve them (ok, so I suck at taking pictures too....).

For some odd reason, my photoshop has started to tell me that it can't save of recall some of the pictures because they are in the wrong format. There is about 3 different Jpegs listed and I'm confused. When I go to Frontpage and try to import/upload a picture, the picture isn't in a format that I can find it and use it on the webpage. I broke down and bought a photoshop book, but I thought that maybe somebody would have the quick answer.

I've looked at the tutorial for adjusting the levels (fabulous tut), but I can't find some of the "buttons" for certain things or the commands are different. Hence the book purchases also..... I'm not really selling things off my site, but I go to Richmond VA (my sister-in-law's work place) and do a show (that's been pretty good for me) while visiting his folks with the DH and kids. It's nice for them to look at things before I come since they might ask if I have earrings to match a certain piece, etc. I've just recently started to make jewelry with my lampwork (mostly DFBs for now) and want to get them on line before I go there in later March.

I'll read the books (UGH! I want to be TORCHING!!!), but any help would be appreciated.....
Old 2007-02-09, 9:25pm

Scouncil, How are you opening your files from the camera? I'm thinking the problem might be the conversion from raw ( camera format ) to Jpeg or Tiff. Are you using camera software to open, then save. If so save as a tiff. Open in photoshop and do a "save as" and select jpeg. Also you can use the "save for web" ( Better for what your doing ). If the image converted from raw to tiff or jpeg was correct then you will not have any problem saving to jpeg. If your still having problems look to the conversion from the raw format.
Let us know your progress. We will be here to help work you through this if we can.
Scott

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-02-10, 5:20pm
Damn Frit Bitch

I'm using Photoshop and getting them from my camera card (which is in a card drive on the computer). It puts it into a file with todays date on it and maybe that's it, it is in some sort of strange format at that stage. I was using the Nikon camera software before and was able to pull them up on Photoshop and mess with them and didn't have a problem.

Part of the problem is when I try to save the modified pic, it asks me what format and there are 3 different jpeg versions. Trying to save in any of them gets a message that I can't save in that format. I'm going to mess with it some more either tonight (if I feel like getting depressed) or tomorrow and I'll see what format it is in. I've been torching out in the garage all afternoon and I feel totally frozen. Only my hands and face are warm (since I'm hanging out right by the torch...). BRRRRRR.... Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Can't wait for spring....

Thanks for your help... I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 2007-02-10, 5:32pm
In search of her path....

Scouncil
In your elements program do you have the option to save the image for the web? If so choose to save it that way and choose to save it as a jpeg through that way. It may be a weird odd lil glitch your running into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2007-02-19, 6:36pm
Damn Frit Bitch

For some odd reason, it is now letting me save in Jpeg. I haven't done anything different that I know of. Who knows what I was doing, but now it works. Thanks for your help. I'm sure that it's not the end of my troubles, but for now it seems ok....
Old 2007-02-19, 9:29pm
The Andrea Half

Scouncil, I was getting that problem, too, and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. If you do, please post!

Where is the "Save for web" option in Photoshop LE 5? It used to be on the File menu, and I don't see it in PS5. Why do they have to move all the bleeding menu commands around just when I get used to them???