Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-12-05, 10:42pm
Fight glass with FIRE

Default Precision Borosilicate

I've seen the name everywhere but who makes this Boro glass? There is no website of the manufacturing company and only distributors. Who manufactures this glass?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2006-12-05, 11:07pm
Boro Brat

Last I hear Precision and NS were connected somehow...same manager now or something like that? I love precision color!! It's fantastic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-12-06, 1:45am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

You are correct Pipyr, I understood Northstar and Precision kinda fused together

Old 2006-12-06, 2:20am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

yes precision is listed on the northstar website.
I have never tried it boo hoo. no one sells it here in Australia and Arrow springs dosn't sell it ( I looked) because I jsut did and order with them.
Old 2006-12-06, 2:25am
I've got goodies!

It's 30% off right now at OCR.

LE members get 5% off all purchases!!
Coupon code LE

Old 2006-12-06, 4:00am
boro color bender

Precision and Northstar are still two different companies. They are sharing the same facility to batch their glass. Abe from Precision is batching it all right now and doing a top notch job. It's more of a co-op than a merge.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-12-06, 6:41am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflyartglass View Post
I have never tried it boo hoo. no one sells it here in Australia and Arrow springs dosn't sell it ( I looked) because I jsut did and order with them.
I'll ship anything you want to Australia, and I carry all the Precision colors...

Old 2006-12-06, 6:51am
Safety ALWAYS

Precision has some absolutely awesome sparkle colors, deep rich colors infused with very high quantities of chromium (for the sparkle). Obtanium and Unobtanium just to name two.

It's my understanding that Abe is managing the melt shop at NS, and NS has agreed to melt the PC colors for Abe, which will certainly increase the availability of his colors. Abe is quite the color maestro and seems to be able to do things with colors that no one else has been able to manage. He takes his time to do it right...

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2006-12-06, 7:07am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
Precision has some absolutely awesome sparkle colors, deep rich colors infused with very high quantities of chromium (for the sparkle). Obtanium and Unobtanium just to name two.

It's my understanding that Abe is managing the melt shop at NS, and NS has agreed to melt the PC colors for Abe, which will certainly increase the availability of his colors. Abe is quite the color maestro and seems to be able to do things with colors that no one else has been able to manage. He takes his time to do it right...
Yep. That's what I heard as well. I do know it's a lot easier to get Precision colors these days...

Old 2006-12-06, 8:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflyartglass View Post
Glasscraft sells it. They have NS and GA and Momka's as well as soft glass.

www.glasscraftinc.com

Old 2006-12-06, 9:59am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnT View Post
Glasscraft sells it. They have NS and GA and Momka's as well as soft glass.

www.glasscraftinc.com
Yeah, but will Glasscraft answer boro questions via PM for you?

Old 2006-12-06, 10:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Yeah, but will Glasscraft answer boro questions via PM for you?

Well hell Chad I didn't know you had Precision too! Have I told you lately that I love you? (BTW - I finally had some success with my AP yesterday )

Old 2006-12-06, 10:16am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnT View Post
Well hell Chad I didn't know you had Precision too! Have I told you lately that I love you? (BTW - I finally had some success with my AP yesterday )
Cool. Post pics of it when you get a chance.

Old 2006-12-06, 10:22am

Default Precision color

We carry them at Trev's Glass too

Last edited by sunray; 2006-12-06 at 11:14am.