Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-09-08, 1:35pm
Type ZZZ personality

"Thank you" doesn't come close to expressing the appreciation I have for Deb and the crew who worked so hard to give us a good time!!! I know you all worked many hours and you all did a wonderful job keeping everything running smoothly!

I learned a whole lot this year! I always learn stuff, but this year I really learned a great deal. This was my 5th and definitely best GlassStock!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, A MILLIONS TIMES OVER!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-09-08, 2:16pm

Thanks, Dave! I'm sure I had my hands on some of your donated glass! And, I sure appreciate it! Thank you, thank you!

Old 2010-09-08, 11:32pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Wow! Was this year awesome, or what?!

Thanks to Deb, the staff, Hugh and EGS staff, sponsors, and anyone who had anything to do with GS this year.

Talk about skill levels raising ten-fold!! Can't wait for the next one!

Old 2010-09-08, 11:35pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Oh, and Saeed!! Thanks for all the good eats! We were definitely well fed!

Old 2010-09-08, 11:59pm

Wow! Glassstock was a new adventure for me. For those of you checking this out and thinking about next year, imagine 14plus hours of glass a day, wonderful healthy food on site really cheap beady freinds surrounding you and fun inspiring classes and demos ALL the time. Its almost more than you can imagine. Now I see what the buzz was about. Thanks, DEb for gathering and supporting great staff. thanks Saeed for your constant smile served with quality food! Thanks Doretha and Marie and Jodie and Polly and Cyndie and Cindy and Melanie......thanks to all who made it such a fun event!
Old 2010-09-09, 12:04am

Thanks also to all the sponsors mentioned on my glassstock shirt, I think of you fondly and order from everyone of you!
Old 2010-09-09, 7:18am

I put my photos on my facebook page. As soon as I get the glass stock link. I'll copy them over. Lendy Middendorf (If anyone can point me to the link I would appreciate it). I have 4 copies of the group photo.
Old 2010-09-09, 7:24am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

So much fun! I loved meeting all the
New people (and reuniting with all the
GS regulars). I am Sooooo tired. Great
Job Deb and crew! This year was smoother
Than ever!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-09-09, 12:18pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Lendy, here's the Glass Stock Group page on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages...8133775&ref=ts

Old 2010-09-10, 2:52pm

Hey Lisa, thanks for putting up the link. Great pictures everyone.
It was a blast and was so much fun seeing friends and making new ones. And thanks to all the sponsors and to Deb and her crew (Bernie, Sue, et. al)...I know it was a lot of work, but you guys did a great job.

Old 2010-09-13, 10:02pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks everyone! We did a few more pieces, just finished up last night. Some made it, some didn't but it was incredible juts the same to blow glass for 5 days with some great folks!

We had a loss in the family a few days ago (right after this post) and we are grieving.....give us a few days and I will post again.

I love and miss all of you!
deb

Old 2010-09-13, 10:11pm
Type ZZZ personality

Oh, Deb, I'm sorry for your loss. But I am glad you got a chance to relax and play with some glass!

I'll email you soon about shipping those last couple of items I made on Monday.

Miss you already!!

Old 2010-09-13, 11:26pm
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you at least got some glass therapy. Big hugs.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-09-14, 6:02am

Deb, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
Joan
Old 2010-09-14, 8:58am

Deb I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 2010-09-14, 9:42am

Deb, Sorry for your loss of a family member. I hope you are surrounded by supportive people during this time of grief.
Cyndi
Old 2010-09-14, 12:32pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Take some time Deb; prayers for you.

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-09-14, 1:18pm

Deb your in my thoughts hugs to you !
Old 2010-09-16, 8:25pm
Angel's Mom

I thought this year was fabulous! Everything went smoothly, the teachers were awesome, the food was wonderful (thanks Saaed), EGS was a perfect venue. I learned so much from all of the GSer's. I still think of those 4 wonderful, glassy days and smile!

Thanks to everyone who helped put it together! You rawk!
Old 2010-09-16, 8:28pm
I'm meeeeelting

I want more of Saaed's teriyaki chicken tacos with mango salsa. Yum.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-09-16, 8:38pm
Type ZZZ personality

That apricot chicken was the bomb!

Old 2010-09-16, 9:01pm
I'm meeeeelting

Oooh. I missed that one. Dang. I opted to go out for several meals just to get to a real bathroom.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-09-18, 7:59am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks all of you! I really appreciate all of the kudos, that is why I keep doing GS!

The food was outstanding although I mostly ate his killer salads, I lost another 5 lbs between Flame Off and GS (I can hear my DR scolding me already, down nearly 50 lbs now). I do apologize for the portapotties but with staff only having a few minutes to eat and get ready for another class we had to keep the bathroom as free as possible. I used the portapotties too when necessary but they do suck! I did LOVE the venue, it is a "perfect marriage" as discussed with my EGS family post-event. It will be held there next year too!

We are just coming to terms with the loss of the grandbaby (my DIL miscarried) but are all doing ok, thank you all for the concern. This is such a fantastic family, I am so glad to be a part of it!

It sure was a blast collaborating after GS too! I bought another kiln just to start making heady pieces with my son and a couple more semi-local guys, I am so LIT!

I will post a pic of the one with the koi and waterlily sometime this weekend on the heady thread, it is killer! My first real blown fish out of tubing, he is over 8" long and bent around the can, there is no looking back now.....guess I'll be wearing another hat on occassion....glass blower, bead lady, fuser, crossover fuser, caster, sculptor, sandblaster, stained glass chick, mosaic nipping fool, pen and ink artist, watercolourer, weaver, clay/raku artist and now, of course, degenerate pipe maker...wooohooo! Guessin' I need a bigger closet for all my hats now....ROFL!

I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life, thank you for all I learned this year...I am a very blessed woman!

Love, hugs, sunshine and a new spark for your flame.....
debster

Last edited by deb c; 2010-09-18 at 8:03am.