Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-12-18, 4:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Snow SUCKS!
I don't think I've ever mentioned here that I hate snow and belong in a more tropical environment. Minus the big bugs, of course!
Hi Cassie, We must be related... I've been trying to figure out where my perfect geographic location would be, and it definately is somewhere between frigid temps and big scary bugs too (have lots of relatives in Texas and MAN.... NO THANK YOU! Only place I've seen cocroaches bigger was in Chetumal, Central America !)

Hey Jo! It'll be great to get a chance to finally meet you! Hope you can make it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-18, 5:36am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I love Cannolis but I'd rather have regular cake.

mmmm.... cake...
No problema.... we can have Lezza cannoli cake another time. Gives us chance to work off the calories from this one, LOL.

Darby, no problem, you just brush off the frosting from you cake and either of us (sounds like we are not in shortage of frosting finatics!) in the bunch will take 'care of it' for you ....

Ofilia

Last edited by Ofilia; 2008-12-18 at 5:38am.
Old 2008-12-18, 7:37am
Covered in glitter

Patty I've had the cannoli cake from where Ofilia's talking about and it's fabulous! It's not cannolis at all but cannoli 'flavored' cake. Trust me, you'd love it!
I just won't know until probably Thursday that week if I can make it. Darby, don't forget to get the torch if you need it. With all the use I've got from it, I should've just left it there. Even if the class doesn't go I still probably won't make it because of the stupd block club party. They're nice people but if I'm going to party that day I'd rather it be with all of you, not them!!!
I think my Martha frenzy is slowing down finally. I hope so or I won't be able to get into my fat jeans. LOL I might make some cookie dough into balls today and freeze them. It's nice to just take a few out and bake them instead of doing the whole recipe. That'll help me use up the stuff in a more reasonable way. LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-12-18, 9:56am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Patty I've had the cannoli cake from where Ofilia's talking about and it's fabulous! It's not cannolis at all but cannoli 'flavored' cake. Trust me, you'd love it!
Hi Deb, actually it isn't "flavored".... it's filing layers ARE thick layers of canolli filling! You can even buy the filling by the bag, just in case you need to make your "own" canolli! No thanks... too much work!

No prob... Costo is good and they make really pretty cakes It's all about the "pretty"!

Hope everyone can make it!

Old 2008-12-18, 10:19am
Covered in glitter

That's true. I knew what I meant but it didn't come out very well. LOL Someone who lives out by you brought one to work onetime. We were practically fighting over it!
I'm so bummed that I won't make it. I just can't imagine how I can do it. I could come for a few hours if my class gets canceled but I don't want to leave for a sill party I don't want to go to. Wouldn't work very well because I'd end up not coming home until late. Oh well, there will be another time and another cake.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-12-18, 10:52am

Well, if I'm coming to Darb's all the way from where I live, you'd better rest assured, I plan on spending some time there. ha ha.

Ofilia, it will be great meeting you if I can make it.... if I can't make it this time, i will next time for sure.

Hey, not sure how much I'll be able to torch because of my neck, but just getting together with you guys/gals will be terrific since it's been so long we've gotten together for OT.... I really miss it! A LOT!

So, if nothing else, I'll torch on and off for a bit, but I'm always up for canoli cake!

talk soon
Jo
Old 2008-12-18, 11:35am

Hi, we missed bead club as well, as I was busy making weights, and Janien opted to stay in the city as a result of the insueing weather...... haven't had the op to speak to Sue to see how many made it out......as yet another storm approaching, we are going to the studio to finish things up today, and unfortunatly postponing tomorrows festivities, until we return from Tucson.......to all student peeps, sorry, but we certainly look forward to celebrating our class party on Fri, Jan 2nd. We hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday week, and look forward Open Torch/Open Studio on january 10th! All are welcome! Munchies galore!
D&J

Old 2008-12-18, 1:15pm
Type ZZZ personality

Deb, if you don't really want to go to the block party, don't!!
Come to my party. This was scheduled first, I'm sure of it.

Either cake is fine, as long as it has lots of frosting!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-12-18, 2:19pm
are we there yet?

Did someone say cake???? I think I can make it to this OT, but I'll let you all fight over my frosting . . .

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2008-12-18, 7:11pm
Covered in glitter

Since I probably won't be there I probably should just butt out but...Did you all read the thread about Shannon Hill? How about everyone makes a bead to be raffled off for him?

Old 2008-12-18, 7:45pm

Ofilia... I can't believe I'm going to say this but I am happy that I've only seen the one inch variety of roaches. I'm thoroughly grossed out at the thought!

Deb, I'd love to make a bead to raffle off... but it would be a mercy raffle for one of mine. Pretty much would have to pay someone to take it! lol!

Jo, I hope you are feeling better than you were last week... that didn't sound pretty! And I do hope you can make it to OT! Heck, I hope we all can make it... it better not snow like a witch that day. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

(does anyone have a list of Deb's students' phone numbers? I think we need to make some "terribly sorry, Deb's class is cancelled" phone calls....)

Old 2008-12-18, 7:53pm
Covered in glitter

Cassie, don't sell yourself short! (although you ARE short...LOLOL)

Even if the class gets canceled and it very well might, I still have that stupid block party. I don't really want to go but DH does and he won't go without me. So...sometimes we have to make that ultimate sacrifice...

Old 2008-12-18, 8:09pm

Quote:
Cassie, don't sell yourself short! (although you ARE short...LOLOL)

Even if the class gets canceled and it very well might, I still have that stupid block party. I don't really want to go but DH does and he won't go without me. So...sometimes we have to make that ultimate sacrifice...
Hey now... Short Girl (yes, that would be me) resembles that remark!

Why can't your DH be anti-social like mine? lol! But really, a block party doesn't sound bad... just sounds too cold to be running from house to house this time of year. Brrr! So maybe if your classes get cancelled *and* my DH sends anti-social vibes to your DH we'll see you there!

Old 2008-12-18, 9:05pm

Deb, I'm swamped and short for time, but can you quickly clue me in about Shannon Hill?
What happened?

Jo
Old 2008-12-18, 9:14pm
Covered in glitter

He's got lung cancer. There are a couple of threads in the family room.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=115305 There doing a raffle for him because he's got no insurance, etc.

Old 2008-12-19, 5:31am

OMG, such talent and what a sweet guy. How horrible.
THANKS, I'll check out the thread.
jo
Old 2008-12-19, 7:16am

Smile

I think doing a batch of stuff for Shannon would be a GREAT IDEA ! So now you HAVE TO be present, Deb, or the collection would be incomplete without your piece in it! You can lay the "guilt" trip on DH (since the other ones aren't working), and maybe that will help him miss not having you with the block party? Plus without you hosting a party, can't he just mingle from house to house? Imagine saving all the traffic in your place! It's too friggin cold to open the door even!!!

Or better yet, bring hubby to come and cozy up to the warm furnace chez Darby's!

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-19, 8:19am

WoW Deb, the pressure is on!
Just means we love you and will miss you super lots!
Hugs and hope to see you there.
Janien

Old 2008-12-19, 9:01am
Covered in glitter

Aww...I wuvs you guys. LOL I am going to try to come but it just all depends on the class mostly. I could always come for a couple of hours and then get home in time for the party. It's actually at one person's house so I don't even have to clean up the studio for it. LOL Whether I'm with you guys physically or not, you KNOW Ill be there in spirit!!!

Old 2008-12-19, 10:11am
Meow.

Wheee! I think I can do that day! Oh, and I have a Bobcat that I don't use - that I can bring, to save Deb's Bobcat she doesn't use from needing to travel without her if she can't make.

Another bonus for the ladies - not such a frosting fan, but love cake. Birthday girl has first dibs on my frosting!

Now if only the older folks in my life can stay healthy and out of the hospital, I'll be there with bells on.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2008-12-26, 10:17pm

Awsome!!! A quick check in from Tucson, we beat the fowl weather out of Chicago, and only fought winds across the country, spent a few hours at white sands in New Mexico, and did a tour at collosal cave outside of Tucson today....had snow in the foothills today, very wierd , snow in the desert......couldn't go to the top of Mt. Lemmon today as the road to the top was snowed beyond travel.....look forward to seeing everyone when we get back.....D&J

Old 2008-12-26, 10:23pm
Covered in glitter

Isn't White Sands amazing? Glad you're there safe and sound.

Old 2009-01-01, 9:14pm

Hey all, we're back.......everythings back to schedual for Friday peeps.........I just finished making and oven full of beads, after not having made anything in over a week.........we're really lookin forward to class tomorrow, and OT on the 10th.....we've got a lot of things going on at the studio these days, and can't wait to see everyone!!! D&J

Old 2009-01-05, 11:04am

Darby, what time does your OT run from? til?
Also, I have some stained glass scraps (when I say scraps, I don't mean tiny 1 inch pieces, I mean like 6, 8, and 10 inch pieces). Might you be interested for fusing or paperweights? They are bullseye 90 coe (or so I was told when I purchased them).
You can have them for free if you can use them.
Jo
Old 2009-01-05, 11:44pm

Hope you are all ready for OT on Saturday! We are!
Here's the scoop...Starts @ 1pm and goes til around 7ish.
We are going to have two raffles @ 6pm....you'll have to come and see what its for.
Also, Darby will be doing a glass blowing demo at 5pm.
As usual if you plan to torch its a $10.00 donation for oxy/elec....and we will provide some munchies and drinks...if you want to bring something to share...we will never turn away something yummy!
We really look forward to having you all there.
If you need anything give us a hollar.
Hugs,
Janien
PS. Jo, not sure if D can use the glass...I'll have him long in tomorrow and let you know.

Old 2009-01-06, 9:42am
Covered in glitter

I don't think I'm going to make it, darn it. Janien or Darby, if I get Cassie's glass over to you will you give it to her for me? She won some curdled ivory and river rock in the raffle.

Old 2009-01-06, 10:41am

Quote:
I don't think I'm going to make it, darn it. Janien or Darby, if I get Cassie's glass over to you will you give it to her for me? She won some curdled ivory and river rock in the raffle.
It just wont be the same with out you there! We hope you will be at the next one...sometime in February! Perhaps if we made it on a Sunday more folks would be able to attend...hmmmmm????
anyhoot...we can stop by and pick up Cassies glass today...we have to run up to On The Rocks later this afternoon and swap some product out...we can stop by afterwards.
J&D

Old 2009-01-06, 11:12am

Smile

Hi Darby, do you mind giving directions one more time... I'll be coming 88 if I recall..... I'm not doing that stupid Mapquest again. I prefer not to be sent astray (though, sometimes it's not a far fetch)

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-06, 11:26am

Certainly.........294 south, to 80/94 east, to Cline Ave (SOUTH!) south on Cline a couple miles, it will end on Main St.,in Griffith, go left (east) through the light (Broad St.), across the RR tracks, and 801 E. Main is down a little on the right. Austegen elec. complex.......gate code 0672# bldg 17 unit 5, contact # 773-220-2800, reallly excited to see everyone, it's been far too long!!! D

Old 2009-01-07, 12:28pm

Quote:
Deb, I just won curdled ivory... the curdled ivory and river rock was someone else. You just trying to give it *all* away?! lol!