Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-07-03, 7:16pm

Default July show & tell

Hi, It doesn't look like we have started a July show & tell yet. So
I thought i would start. I have been working on sculpture flower
pendants & decided to add a implosion as the flower's center.
What do you think??? Cynthia in Australia
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-03, 7:20pm
Harold Williams Cooney

Love the pendants.

I can't find the fireworks thing so Happy Fireblob 4th of July

This post is a hell of a lot harder to look at than your pendants.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-03, 7:43pm

absolutely beautiful, kirrakat! Stunning to be sure!

Old 2010-07-04, 3:59am
formerly Marella

Beautiful pendants...love the mini-implosion centres!

Happy 4th of July to all my glassy friends south of the border!
Have a great one!

~
~
~
Old 2010-07-04, 7:37am

Cynthia, beautiful pendants you have created there!

Yesterday I had an idea for a pendent – a dochroic spiral surrounded by another spiral of blue lines. Here is what I took out from the kiln this morning - Diameter is 17mm at widest point, length is 51mm:

Last night I worked also on a new orchid marble. I am still not happy about the bottom side of my implosions, but again this one looks quite good for me. Fresh out of the kiln with a diamter of 39mm:

More to come…that’s for sure

Michael

Old 2010-07-04, 9:35am

Default Hi - new to the boro room

Hi, I hope these work.

http://bodaciousglassbeads.files.wor...pg?w=300&h=265
http://bodaciousglassbeads.files.wor...2158.jpg?w=595

Monique
http://bodaciousglassbeads.wordpress.com
Old 2010-07-04, 9:58am
Harold Williams Cooney

^^^ sick!!! well done.

Old 2010-07-04, 10:31am
Glassy Broad :-)

Awesome work all!!!
Here are just a couple of my newest seahorses....still need to PPP on the head shapes, but I'm having a blast.
There are more in the newbie gallery
Hugs,
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-07-04, 10:47am
Harold Williams Cooney

So fresh and clean . . . .

Old 2010-07-04, 10:56am
The Venerable Bead

nice show so far. i have a few boro rings to show
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-07-04, 2:47pm
Serenity Now!

Nice start to the month! I've got a Boro Blossom bracelet to share: created with fine silver blossoms (Art Clay Silver), along with my Boro beads, and sterling chainmaille.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-07-04, 5:46pm
Boro Brat

Wow, I love everything in here!! Seriously, the pendants, those rings, marble, bracelet...all of it looks great!!

A humble little hand from me, I'm hooked on them after my Mickelsen class, which, by the way, was absolutely AMAAAAZING.

Old 2010-07-04, 7:25pm
Creatrixie

There's some really beautiful eye-candy here today!

Great hands, Pipyr! Have you tried doing one with the fingers in a meditative pose yet?

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-07-04, 9:33pm
Astro Cat

I'm still working on turtles. Here are two new ones
Attached Images

my Scorpion!
Old 2010-07-05, 1:34am

Pipyr, I love those hands, amazing! I've been doing a lot of hands recently, both just hanging llike those ones, and holding a marble - but yours are so much more fluid. I struggle to join the fingers to the palm without ending up with them bunching up at the base or pulling out and looking too thin. I'd love to have a lesson just learning how to make hands.

I did this wine stopper a couple of weeks ago :

Old 2010-07-05, 1:47pm
Torchaholic ;)

Wow great stuff everyone!! Dig the turtles, hands, seahorses, pendants, and flowers!! Keep it up yall

I got excited on July 1st about seeing Furthur In Columbus, Ohio On july 2nd And this is what happened. It was a Great show/fireworks! The pictures dont do some of these justice
Attached Images

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2010-07-05, 4:32pm

Just started boro and did my very first implosions.........Yipee!
Please be kind..........I need lots of practice.

Old 2010-07-05, 4:37pm
Harold Williams Cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadsGoneWild View Post
Just started boro and did my very first implosions.........Yipee!
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

You must have both natural skills and a great teacher. Well done, look forward to seeing more work.

Old 2010-07-06, 5:28am

I got a great implosion instructions book from Chad Trent (Cosmos) and picked up some great tips from watching Brent's first Boro DVD. I've been wanting to try boro for so long and finally got a bigger torch (Hellcat) and the nerve to try my hand at it. I've had so much fun. I'm not giving up soft but I'm going to spend more time exploring this new venue. Thanks for the kudos.........it means a lot and it really boosted my confidence.

Old 2010-07-07, 7:47am

nice work everyone, what a great start to the month!
Hands seem to be the happening thing right now, so I thought I'd throw in some feet ... 8 feet per item, actually ... some new octopodean fakies and a quick implosion. Stuff I do in my breaks from doing boring, repetetive work for an interior design mob at the moment.
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-07-07, 7:53am
Harold Williams Cooney

^^^ Nice.

Old 2010-07-08, 6:09am
The Venerable Bead

cool hand, nice turtles, great octopi wonderful stuff here this month. that bracelet is to die for too val. those brand new implosions are great roberta! keep up the good work.
I have been brushing up on my heart skills with smiley's new video. I forgot how much I liked DAP. with all the new pinks on the market sometimes the old tried and true works the best. here is a wee heart which i have decided is the best size for my setup 35x25mm
Attached Images

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2010-07-08, 12:22pm

Wow, the octopuses are super cool. Really nice.
Old 2010-07-08, 8:00pm
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

Wicked, lower left=thumbs up!
Old 2010-07-09, 7:23am
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

a collab piece i had the pleasure of working on. the octopuses and jellyfish are mine. the other pieces were made by, faded, diddles, d-kid, and crip skills, and crip skills did the assembly.
here's a link to some of the assembly pics.http://picasaweb.google.com/CripSkillz/WebColab#

and heres some close-ups that crip posted in his thread.http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...ht=crip+skills
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-09, 7:42am

Default marblemarblemarle made in switzerland ;-)

...a few new things,
although it is currently 33 degrees Celsius in the studio =)

Name:  07.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  63.7 KB
Name:  DSC_0482.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  53.7 KB
Name:  calla 07.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  64.8 KB
Name:  11.09 I.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  63.6 KB
Name:  29.04.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  45.0 KB

Old 2010-07-10, 12:11am
Glassy Broad :-)

There are some mind boggling beautiful pieces in here!!!
I'll add another of my addictions...
Hugs,
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-07-10, 7:43am

Paula, that heart is gorgeous!!!

Here's some more pink

Last edited by SonyaHusko; 2010-07-10 at 7:46am.
Old 2010-07-10, 5:04pm

Something new from me.. Silver fume backed with onyx...
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-10, 6:06pm
The Venerable Bead

thank you sonya! OHHH those pink beads yum

— Audrey Hepburn