LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2016-01-31, 10:18pm

Default Fittings for home NG supply

Hey all! almost got my studio set up in my house, and I'm running into a fitting problem. The hoses I am going to run to by Bethlehem Alpha have the "B" fittings on them. I got an adapter from a local welding shop to go from a "B" to a 1/4" right hand thread. What I can't find is a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer so I can hook that line up to my homes natural gas line. Anyone have a source for something like that? Home Depot seemed to have every size BUT that one... Figured I'd ask here instead of searching all night.
Old 2016-02-01, 7:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackDraft View Post
Hey all! almost got my studio set up in my house, and I'm running into a fitting problem. The hoses I am going to run to by Bethlehem Alpha have the "B" fittings on them. I got an adapter from a local welding shop to go from a "B" to a 1/4" right hand thread. What I can't find is a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer so I can hook that line up to my homes natural gas line. Anyone have a source for something like that? Home Depot seemed to have every size BUT that one... Figured I'd ask here instead of searching all night.
They are not hard to find, go to a hardware store, get a ball valve for natural gas it too while you are at it.

I have the wifes alpha on natural gas and oxycons. it's great
Old 2016-02-02, 11:26pm

I use www.weldingsupply.com or www.nationwideindustrialsupply.com.

Look for Western Enterprises BF-8-4HP for 1/2" female on one end to 1/4" female on the other, or BA-8-4HP for 1/2" female on one end to 1/4" male on the other.

Regarding Home Depot - I don't know whether or not they have it, but did you check the iron pipe section?

Last edited by De Anza Art Glass Club; 2016-02-03 at 12:59am.