Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2005-11-05, 2:48pm
puts the f-u in fun...

Default Discover Your Inner Rorschach... Photo Tutorial

I use Paint Shop Pro 8, but any paint program with layering capability should be sufficient for this project.

First, select and load a photo into your paint program.

Click on the 'Layers' section of the toolbar; select 'Duplicate'.

The duplicate is now the active layer. Click on the 'Image' section of the toolbar, and select 'Mirror'. This will invert the image, right to left.

Go to the 'Layers' menu, and select 'Properties'. A submenu will pop up in it's own window. Set the blend mode to 'Difference', then click 'OK'.

This is the result:

If you're satisfied with the picture, copy and save it. If you don't make a copy first, you'll be saving over the original photo. Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-05, 3:51pm
Procrastinate Now!!

I'm psyched about this!!! Going to play after I get done working. Hoping this will work in Photoshop. I don't know my photoshop that well at all.

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
Old 2005-11-05, 7:05pm

Woohoo! This is fun (and addictive!). Also shows me I need to take better original pics of my beads!

Old 2005-11-06, 12:10am

Oh fun, that first bead looks like a praying mantus face!

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2005-11-06, 3:57pm

Wow! I need to work on getting better pictures on my beads, but this looks like fun.