Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2017-09-22, 12:58pm

Default Holly Cooper: Oct. 6th-8th Fresno CA

HOLLY COOPER WILL BE AT SCARAB GLASS WORKS OCT. 6th, 7th, and 8th 2017 FRESNO CALIFORNIA

Holly's workshop here in Oct. 2016 was GREAT!! What a talented artist and lucid instructor with a warm and engaging personality. Every one wanted her to come back--- so here are her new Scarab dates.

Powder Play Oct. 7th & 8th

As bead makers we are always looking for new ways to use materials to lend a uniqueness to
our work. In this class we will explore glass powders in new and interesting ways. Enamels
and powdered frits will be our paints, interesting methods of application will be our brush,
glass beads, our canvas. We will examine and explore color interaction: how colors enhance
one another, choosing a color palette and how color creates luminosity and visual depth.
Bring your imagination and willingness to play!

Design and Detail: Stringer Control and Modular Design Principles, Oct. 9th

This is an intermediate class focusing on stringer control and design.
In the class we will concentrate on using stringers to create intricate detailed patterns
on glass beads while in the flame. We'll also discuss methods that aid in promoting
individuality in our work by taking technique and design beyond our usual boundaries
and towards a more personal style.

Part of the session I'll be showing how I manipulate fine stringers using simple tools
and techniques as well as discuss the properties of glass as it relates to the making of
stringers that hold a highly detailed pattern.

I will also demonstrate and discuss surface design elements such as:
rhythmic pattern, negative and positive space, color, scale and proportion, texture,
bead shape and its relationship to the design and modular pattern development.
I use modular development in many of my beads as a means of creating a complex design
within a simple framework. I will demonstrate step-by-step how I achieve this in my beads.

About me:

Working out of my studio in Austin, TX, I have been a professional artist my entire
working career. With a background in painting, art history, ceramics, textiles, jewelry and
finally glass, my work melds all of these disparate disciplines into my creative work.
I draw inspiration from a variety of cultural and historical traditions and incorporate
them into my glass beads.

Recommended motels are:

Piccadilly Inn Shaw 2305 W. Shaw 559 348 5520

Ramada Inn 324 W. Shaw Fresno 559 224 4040

Best Western Plus 480 E. Shaw, Fresno 844 225 0052

Give us a call to reserve your spot
Scarab Glass Works
729 Divisadero St.
Fresno, CA. 93721
(559)486-5480

Last edited by Scarab Glass Works; 2017-09-22 at 1:03pm.