Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-07-17, 6:44pm
Serenity Now!

Default What's YOUR happy secret today?

So? What's YOUR happy secret today? 'Tis the summer, and time for lightness of heart and spirit - la-di-da...

And - in my case: some much-neglected (long neglected?) Spring cleaning in my Studio! lol Lemme say - it's no easy task!

Was trying to find a place to establish as my silver studio/sub-studio, and lo-and-behold, I discovered approx 35 pounds of glass I had stashed away - including 4 (for me) new colours! Yippee-skippee!

Now don't go asking me how I can "lose/forget" about glass, but if you saw all the other things I discovered, you wouldn't wonder!

What's YOUR happy secret today?

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-17, 7:05pm

Well, If I told you.................... Um....... It wouldn't be a "SECRET" now would it?? LOL
Old 2007-07-17, 7:14pm
Serenity Now!

lol - Quite true, Sandy...but it's not a secret-secret, just a secret that - hmmm - perhaps it is best defined as a secret that we would not want to share with a loved one (in case they thought we were nuts, or maybe we are too embarrassed to admit)...But it's a great kind of secret to share with like-minded folk...Like us!

C'mon - spill! I KNOW you've got some...where has YOUR addiction(s) led you recently? What path have YOU been walking down lately...??!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-07-17 at 8:39pm.
Old 2007-07-17, 7:16pm

My happy secret though, I don't think it's a secret because I told everyone I talked to today is that tomorrow, I am getting my interior doors for my 1876 house we are restoring, which means we can get the carpet soon, which means we will have a real bedroom after 1 1/2 years of sleeping in the front room. YIIIPPPPPEEEE!!!

Old 2007-07-17, 8:13pm
Against the Grain

I made Sandy pee herself laughing.

under construction

HELLCAT! with 2 oxycons and household NG (yes I will be increasing the oxy)

D-41
Old 2007-07-17, 8:21pm

OK. You guys are gonna think I'm totally "OFF MY ROCKER"! You sure you WANT to know this? LOL..

About a year ago, I bought me a Damping block set. The complete set.. Well, I'd used it once so I bought another to give away as a gift in the first OBE, which I did.. So about 6 months ago, I bought another one forgetting I already had one that I'd used.. I FORGOT...
This past weekend, we were at Harbor freight and I had to have a Damping block set so Randy bought me one. I brought it home and had to FIND a place for it to store it when I wasn't using it... This gave me the idea to CLEAN... See where this is going?? hehehehe..
Anyway, I finally got to the bottom of the pile in the TOOLS Locker and there was a DAMPING BLOCK SET. "Complete set"! I said.. Oh shit!! I have one already.. Weeeell, I'll keep them cuz I might use it as a gift again. So, I put this new set with the OTHER new set and my used set and continued cleaning. Ah haaa! I found my OTHER hiding place.. These damn things are multiplying!! The 4th set popped it's head out, so now I'm sitting on 4 Damping block (Complete sets)!!
Oh, it gets better!! LOL
By this time I'm thinking I need to be tested for Dimensia.... Hummmm.
So, I keep cleaning and get my studio full of multiples of one item and get them put away. Some things I don't need, I boxed up and when Randy got home we moved the box(es) into the storage. I had to rearrange some things to make room and guess what I found?????? __Fill_in_the_blank_____!! Grrrrrrr!!! Is this a sign??????????? ( Sandy walks away scratching head, not having the nerve to tell Randy) Wondering if I should have even told YOU!!
Old 2007-07-17, 8:49pm

That is too funny Sandy, here is mine rather embarassing but kinda funny. I had an argument with DH and so I was in my studio later on and I couldn't make glass (I never make anything good when my head is not in it) So I decided to make myself feel better and (outloud because I was alone in the studio) started to replay the argument (saying both parts) and of course making the outcome the way I wanted it to be. I am betting you guys know what is coming.

Well DH was were he could hear me but I couldn't see him (till he laughed). So he thinks I am crazy but on the upside he was coming to make up.

Dh thinks I am crazy anyways he hears me sometimes talking to myself and he asks me who I am talking to, I say the dog.

~
~
Old 2007-07-17, 8:54pm

Nothing embarrasses me anymore!! After having 4 kids, raising 9 and grandma to 12.. I've earned my temporary insanity!! LOL
I laugh at myself all the time for stupid shit I do... Have you ever done something, knowing you're alone but you still look around to see if anyone else saw or heard you???. I do that in my own house.. Go figger!! LOL
Old 2007-07-17, 8:57pm

Just for the record. I'm not Nutts!! LOL although some may think I should be discharged with a section 8... We ALL have our Duh moments... I've just neatly created a shedule for mine so I know when to expect them.. hahaha!!
Old 2007-07-17, 10:46pm

Well I reciently bought a large amount of boro I thought that I could just unpack the box and put it away before DH even realized as like many of you I have tons of glass (just not boro) and he would not know the difference. So I had no idea that the box would be 5 feet long so guess what, he found out as I could not hide that damm box.

Old 2007-07-17, 11:07pm

Oh Lori, I have a system for that... I just leave the box out and when DH gets home, He sees the box and says what's that? I tell him, This is that order I told you about a couple months ago that had to be back ordered. It finally came... hehehe... Don't laugh!! It works!! LOL... He just says, Oh... and walks away.. If you don't try to hide the box, and leave it in plain view... We glass people learn how to be sly don't we??
Old 2007-07-18, 3:43am
Serenity Now!

I'd LOVE to see a pic of your 1867 house, Cynthia - must be fabulous!! And Sandy - ya see? I just KNEW you'd have a "happy secret" - I've got a few duplicate things, but you've outdone yourself with "damping block sets" - whatever they are...Ever use one of 'em?! I absolutely love the "back-order" line, btw - didya take a note Lori? ...Cecilia I talk to Teddy (my dog) all the time...ya mean to say that not everyone talks out loud to their dogs??!

Hmmm...I wonder what happy secrets we'll get to hear today...don't be shy...

Old 2007-07-18, 8:28am
yukue fumei

awesome!!
Love the damping set story Sandy! Awesome!
Yay for restorations on the house

My secret for the glass boxes....a while back I made a pile of old boxes for when we rent a dumpster next. It had a fair amount of boxes in it. So now I get home about 30 minutes before DH, so any package is quickly opened, glass is put on my shelf and the box is placed behind some of the old boxes Dh walked by it the other day and did a double take....is it my imagination or is that pile getting bigger? LOL! I don't know Hubbybear! (I am the worst liar--I look guilty for things I haven't even done, so he takes one look at me and knows, and just says,"Naughty wifey!" )
But yesterday he came home before I did and he was bringing in 2 boxes of glass for me......"you have 2 boxes of glass here, naughty(evil eye and wagging finger included)!" oop! BUSTED!! LOL! truthfully, he is fully aware of my glass addiction, but he is so sweet he lets me continue on....."as long as you are happy, it's all good..." what a gem!!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-18, 9:43am

Oh yeah Val, I use my damping set a lot. I line beads with silver cores and I have one set that is designated as a marble mould. They work great for that. It has I think 25 different sizes of the rounded dampers and matching size wells. They make perfect marbles at pretty much any size you want... They are the perfect tool for lining beads with silver/copper/brass tubing with bead caps.. Everyone should have a set or two. LOL. The are $39.99 a set at Harbor Freight.. Sometimes they go on sale..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
I'd LOVE to see a pic of your 1867 house, Cynthia - must be fabulous!! And Sandy - ya see? I just KNEW you'd have a "happy secret" - I've got a few duplicate things, but you've outdone yourself with "damping block sets" - whatever they are...Ever use one of 'em?! I absolutely love the "back-order" line, btw - didya take a note Lori? ...Cecilia I talk to Teddy (my dog) all the time...ya mean to say that not everyone talks out loud to their dogs??!

Hmmm...I wonder what happy secrets we'll get to hear today...don't be shy...
Old 2007-07-18, 11:20am
Mandrel Slayer

Cool

I still try to hide those boxes. My DH works out of town but always seems to come home when the postman has something for me. I get the "NO MORE GLASS" comment and I say that since I quit smoking I get to spend that money on glass. It motivates me to stay off the cigarettes when I think of all the beautiful rods I can buy.

Thanks,
Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.

Last edited by playingwithfirebeads; 2007-07-18 at 11:21am. Reason: sp
Old 2007-07-18, 11:46am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
awesome!!
Love the damping set story Sandy! Awesome!
Yay for restorations on the house

My secret for the glass boxes....a while back I made a pile of old boxes for when we rent a dumpster next. It had a fair amount of boxes in it. So now I get home about 30 minutes before DH, so any package is quickly opened, glass is put on my shelf and the box is placed behind some of the old boxes Dh walked by it the other day and did a double take....is it my imagination or is that pile getting bigger? LOL! I don't know Hubbybear! (I am the worst liar--I look guilty for things I haven't even done, so he takes one look at me and knows, and just says,"Naughty wifey!" )
But yesterday he came home before I did and he was bringing in 2 boxes of glass for me......"you have 2 boxes of glass here, naughty(evil eye and wagging finger included)!" oop! BUSTED!! LOL! truthfully, he is fully aware of my glass addiction, but he is so sweet he lets me continue on....."as long as you are happy, it's all good..." what a gem!!!
I hide my boxes too, but in the basement, waiting for the dumpster. I even have my kids taking the boxes downstairs before Hubby gets home. he never says anything about all the glass I buy until he starts seeing boxes arrive! Then he asks how much money I have spent on glass in the last 3 months! I just hang my head, go give him a kiss and say "but Honey, their was this New glass that Nagi was showing and I had to have some too" hehehe. He says Nagi is going to get me in trouble!
Denise, I have to be nice to you, you are who I blame for everything!!!! LOL

#K58
Old 2007-07-18, 11:49am

I want to see the home too!!! I grew up in a home that was built in 1894.
Sandy, one of those dampening sets can come my way! I would not tell Randy either (maybe I can black mail you into sending me one, I won't tell Randy on You!!) hehehe

#K58
Old 2007-07-18, 12:10pm

LOL. He won't beleive you! He only believes me!!!

Hey, What was it I was supposed to get for you again.. I got the long rat tail files but WHAT was the other thing? It was something for like 24.00 for it but I can't remember what it was.. REMIND ME PLEASE??

edited to add---
Oh wait! I remember. I ordered you some 18g round DS sterling silver wire on my discount.. Whew!! OK, I haven't totally lost it!!

Last edited by slcuniques; 2007-07-18 at 12:13pm.
Old 2007-07-18, 12:25pm

I wish I lived on your street Sandy.............................lol............. ...

Old 2007-07-18, 12:26pm

Silly goose, there are times if my head was not attached, I would forget it too!

I told my hubby when I was out of town and I get several boxes, that one was a back order and that some of the others were from trades I did with other lampworkers....hehehehe

#K58
Old 2007-07-18, 12:46pm
Trying to Hope!

My secret of the day is I have 500.00 dollars hidden away that he doesnt know about woowoo thats 500 steps closer to getting my own place and on with my life *happydance*

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-07-18, 1:04pm

So do I Jerri!! God, we'ld get notin done but glass play!!! There is a 4 acre track next door to me that might be for sale.. hehehe... Nah! J/K My old business partner in CT bought it. Not sure what they are going to do with it..
There is nice little log home down the road for sale and it's on my "street"!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispering beads View Post
I wish I lived on your street Sandy.............................lol............. ...
I'm a bad influence!! rofl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellrejer View Post
Silly goose, there are times if my head was not attached, I would forget it too!

I told my hubby when I was out of town and I get several boxes, that one was a back order and that some of the others were from trades I did with other lampworkers....hehehehe

OUCH!!! Nanananana nanana nananananana.. Sandy covers ears and sings the na na song!!! LOL. oh sorry!!! Just that I've been there and done that and it ain't fun!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyki View Post
My secret of the day is I have 500.00 dollars hidden away that he doesnt know about woowoo thats 500 steps closer to getting my own place and on with my life *happydance*
Old 2007-07-18, 1:21pm

Ok, here are some pictures of the house so far. It's a Victorian farmhouse which was the first one built in our neighborhood back in 1876. The exterior picture of the front is the way we bought it, and then with the picket fence we put in. The picture of the side is what we have added on which is almost done. The interior pics are the original diningroom before and after. The kitchen is also completed. My husband did all of the interior work and woodwork. He did an amazing job. I did the decor.

The house should be completed with paint at the beginning of August. The outside that is. More work on the inside....like maybe it will be done when I'm 90. (I only had to edit this about 15 times to get the pics right!)

Last edited by glassactcc; 2007-07-18 at 1:31pm.
Old 2007-07-18, 1:34pm

Oh Cynthia!! When you get sone, will you come finish my house for me??? I love that old house. and I really really love your interior decor and color palette. You have the same colors I want in my living room and kitchen!!! BEAUTIFUL!!
Old 2007-07-18, 2:23pm
yukue fumei

OMG! We need to all live with Cynthia!! WOW what a house--the whole street looks awesome!! How cool! The chandelier! The drapery! The clock! I love it!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-18, 2:25pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellrejer View Post
I hide my boxes too, but in the basement, waiting for the dumpster. I even have my kids taking the boxes downstairs before Hubby gets home. he never says anything about all the glass I buy until he starts seeing boxes arrive! Then he asks how much money I have spent on glass in the last 3 months! I just hang my head, go give him a kiss and say "but Honey, their was this New glass that Nagi was showing and I had to have some too" hehehe. He says Nagi is going to get me in trouble!
Denise, I have to be nice to you, you are who I blame for everything!!!! LOL
OMG! I can just see all these angry Hubbies who will be after my head! I think Trudi blamed me for her purchases too! Heeeeeelp!! LOL!!! I need to work out more so I can run faster....towards the glass and away from angry hubby mobs!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-18, 2:25pm
Trying to Hope!

wow what a really cool house Great job on it

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-07-18, 2:27pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyki View Post
YAY!

nagi

Old 2007-07-18, 4:24pm
Serenity Now!

Who woulda thunk we've got all these delicious secrets which we can happily share with each other...?!? You gonna be ready soon, Cynthia to host a blow-out pyjama party/glass extravaganza soon? We can all bring some glass goodies and have us a gay old time...I too love your home, and the colours are divine...

Wendy - honey-sweetie - we're here if ya feel the need to talk...am happy you've got "a plan" - makes it so much easier to work towards...

Old 2007-07-18, 6:13pm

Wow! What a Beautiful house!!!! You have done a great job!

#K58