Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-03-02, 10:58am

Default February Beads

After I took these pics I added four more beads to make 150 even. Feb's challenge was sculptural beads, twisties, and dots.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-03-02, 11:02am

Those are fantastic! Love the cats and the bunnies
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-02, 11:03am

Some more close-ups.
Attached Images

Old 2012-03-02, 11:08am

Thanks, Patty. The bunnies and cats were the most fun to do.

Old 2012-03-02, 12:30pm

Very cool.

Robert
Old 2012-03-04, 9:30pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Love, love, love the twistie work, Especially the ones used for cat stripes. I'm in awe!

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-03-05, 5:26am

Thanks for the compliments. My twisties and dots improved a lot last month. I think when I'm doing BOC beads, I don't tighten up like I do when I'm trying to do "perfect" beads to sell.

Old 2012-03-05, 8:22am

Wow! What a wonderful way to start the day getting to see so many beautiful beads. The kids are going to go ga-ga over them!

Old 2012-03-05, 11:24am
Evil Glass Enabler

I second this emotion! I love the kitties and twistie beads.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelique

Quote:
Love, love, love the twistie work, Especially the ones used for cat stripes. I'm in awe!

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-03-27, 12:11pm

Default WOW!!! Even better in person!

I got to see these amazing beads this past weekend at Fire on the Mountain, and all I can say is...WOW! They are huge, bright, beautiful and even better in person than in the photos. The kids are going to flip when they see them!

Quote:
After I took these pics I added four more beads to make 150 even. Feb's challenge was sculptural beads, twisties, and dots.

Old 2012-03-27, 2:38pm

Thanks, Diane. It was great meeting you. What a fantastic workshop!

Old 2012-04-03, 9:56pm
Heart of Flame

I love these beads and I think the kids must really love these too! Maybe Susan could do a tutorial for Soda Lime Times, Diane? These are really inspiring!

Old 2012-04-03, 10:01pm

Your beads are gorgeous! I love your twisties.

Old 2012-04-04, 6:24am

Diane has already asked me to do a tutorial for the cat beads for the June issue. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 2012-04-04, 6:48am

I am so excited for Susan to share her cat bead tutorial with my readers!

Old 2012-04-04, 8:07am

These are all fantastic! I will be looking forward to the tutorial in SLT! You do beautiful, whimsical work!