Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-04-10, 11:34am
Obsessed Blogger

Hi De.

I think I have in the paperwork that winners will be announced on the 15th? Some pictures then too. After winners are announced, y'all are free to post your own pictures too if you want, and if you have them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-11, 3:01am

WoooEEEEHH Countdown!!! Bet we'll all be holding our breath until Thursday! What's that they say?.... TEN.... NINE...

Old 2010-04-11, 11:11pm
I speak Murrini!

EIGHT, SEVEN, SIX, FIVE.... (lol)

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-04-12, 5:15am
Just Plain

Four, three...

Old 2010-04-12, 9:45am
I speak Murrini!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Very excited...I was hearing on the news yesterday about how the Space Station Crew did several space walks over the last several days to change out something (can't remember what it was) and it's really remarkable how courageous these astronauts are! Surely when these beads make it into space and back, it will give the recipients a wonderful boost!

Four days and counting...

De

Old 2010-04-12, 1:34pm

Two.................

Old 2010-04-13, 10:01am
I speak Murrini!

ONE........!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-13, 12:38pm

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like a kid waiting on christmas day to arrive. De, I can't wait to see the photos of the kids with their big smiles. What a boost it will be for them.
Terri

Last edited by tikiterri; 2010-04-13 at 12:41pm.
Old 2010-04-13, 2:05pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like a kid waiting on christmas day to arrive. De, I can't wait to see the photos of the kids with their big smiles. What a boost it will be for them.
Terri
Oh, Terri...I SO right there with you! Did you keep pictures of the beads you sent in? I sure hope so! I can hardly stand waiting to post photos of my submissions, win or lose! I had lots of fun making them...and learned a few things along the way!

Best of luck to all entries...
De

Old 2010-04-13, 4:29pm
Obsessed Blogger

Ok, y'all. I just got done photographing all of the beads and putting them into a document for the judges. Tick tock, tick tock. Soon you will know.

I honestly think they're ALL great and kids would/will love every single one of them! There were only 54 beads entered from 16 different people. I think that's wonderful for the short notice we had to pull it together!

Edit: There were 24 artists.... Some submitted three, some submitted mulitple batches of three!

Last edited by LoriGreenberg; 2010-04-15 at 7:02pm.
Old 2010-04-13, 7:23pm
I think I could be a bead

The great thing, Lori, is that it doesn't matter if your bead is selected or not, the kids are the real winners! And that's the way it should be!

Old 2010-04-13, 9:46pm

De I took some pictures but not very good ones. They are good enough for my scrap book. I'm sure Lori took better pictures. I was down to the wire getting mine in the mail friday. I had lots more to send but not enough time to clean them.

Old 2010-04-13, 11:08pm
I speak Murrini!

I'm sure Terri they will be wonderful! Thanks Lori for letting us play! I'm so certain the children will love them and will be thrilled!!!

Old 2010-04-14, 2:55am
I need a bench maid!

I can't wait to see the pix!
I really wanted to enter this one but was just too darn busy with shows and other things.
I hope they do this one again!

Old 2010-04-14, 3:26am

Terri, yes I agree -- like waiting for Christmas morning lol, it's going to be so much fun seeing what everyone has sent in.

I can't help but think these beads will be huge hit with the kids too because it's such a fun topic -- and something that both boys and girls can enjoy.

Old 2010-04-15, 7:38am
I speak Murrini!

Tee hee hee....lurking!

De

Old 2010-04-15, 10:52am

Ack! with such low only 16 entries I'm really wondering if mine even got there in time for the deadline - Canada Post is not known for it's speedy efficient service :S

Old 2010-04-15, 12:48pm
Obsessed Blogger

Are you ready?

There ended up being more than 16...I mis counted. sheesh.

Yours got here Louise...

Old 2010-04-15, 12:59pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, the anticipation....!!!

De

Old 2010-04-15, 1:01pm
Obsessed Blogger

Default Beads going into space...

Can I just say, I was feeling really glad that I wasn't a judge because I really could have picked them all. I'm not just saying that. I thought I dodged that bullet. But then I felt the same dilemma when I tabulated the juror's scores. As I placed each bead with the highest score onto the scale, it approached 8 oz. (our limit) and I kept wishing for the beads to get smaller and smaller so more could fit.

So, without blabbing any more, here are the bead artists that will have beads blasting into space on the May 14th shuttle:

Terri Fout (1)
Louise Ingram (3)
Kris Schaible (1)
Diana Rast (1)
Marcy Lamberson (4)
Judy Carlson (1)
Lauren Mazursky (1)
Rocio Bearer (4)
Katy Abbott (1)

THANK YOU to everyone that entered and to everyone who chatted it up for us. It is so hard to not be able to send them all but I do believe that the kids will love ALL of the beads that were entered!

In the coming days I will be blogging at the BOC blog and showing pictures, as well as some other fun things with the bead pictures. Feel free to show images of your our entries now!

Last edited by LoriGreenberg; 2010-04-15 at 4:35pm.
Old 2010-04-15, 1:02pm
Obsessed Blogger

Also, you see that some artists have more than one...which, normally I would say NO FAIR! and try to include one from everyone.

Please remember that one of our mottos at Beads of Courage is KIDS FIRST. Those artists had beads that the jurors felt the kids would really connect with but they were all spectacular!

Old 2010-04-15, 1:05pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Congrats everyone!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Jenny

Old 2010-04-15, 1:10pm
I speak Murrini!

Congrats all!

De

Old 2010-04-15, 1:11pm

Awesome! Congrats to all the artists who'll be blasting off!

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-04-15, 1:14pm
I speak Murrini!

Just 'cuz...I'd like to show my entries! Mine weren't picked to go on the Shuttle but I'm sure they will go to loving homes. Thanks again Lori for the fun experience!

Hugs,
De

Old 2010-04-15, 1:25pm
I think I could be a bead

Congratulations to the winners! The kids are the true winners!

Old 2010-04-15, 1:27pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Super news for all the kids involved... Congrats to everyone that will be blasting into space, well their beads anyhow.... How cool was this "contest"....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2010-04-15, 1:38pm
Just Plain

Super congrats to everyone! De, love your beadies!

Old 2010-04-15, 2:02pm
Mermaid in Training

I was so excited to see the email that one of my bead were picked... don't know which one but here were my entries..

We Come in Peace

Let the invasion Begin

Blast Off

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2010-04-15, 2:06pm
Mermaid in Training

DeAnne your beads are incredible!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy