Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-10-29, 10:05am
formerly JewelsByJenny

WOW!! Thank you so much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jenny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-29, 10:06am

Very nice! Thanks for all of your hard work! Guess I need to dig out the wire and pliers!
Beth
Old 2008-10-29, 10:17am

You rock, Jewlie. I cannot believe how much work is involved in your pieces. Amazing.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-10-29, 10:22am

Thank You! I was nervous. LOL!

My Facebook
Old 2008-10-29, 10:27am
Serenity Now!

You did a super job, Jewlie - thanks so much for sharing...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-10-29, 10:28am
NW Oregon

Clean, clear, instructions and a beautiful design too! I would say that you were as meticulous with your tutorial as you are with your wire work!

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together.

J

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2008-10-29, 10:32am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

What a nice tutorial! I do have one question - when you say cut your pieces into 15 or 20 inch pieces, will one piece make it all the way around the large loop that you do first and if not, how do you go from one piece to another?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-29, 10:41am
Ghost Town Glass

I think I may actually be able to do this! What fabulous instructions. Thanks!

Old 2008-10-29, 11:00am

Wow, thank you! Very well done.... I do have the same question as Squid - how do you join the shorter pieces of wire properly?

Sue

Old 2008-10-29, 11:16am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

wow, that's a great tut!
thank you so much for sharing it, and in such a clear and easy tut.!

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-10-29, 11:36am

Wonderfully done tutorial; thanks so much.

Mimi
Old 2008-10-29, 11:50am

Fantastic and so very clear. You did a great job!
Old 2008-10-29, 12:13pm

I'm sorry about that Squid and Sue! I was going to put that part in the tutorial and don't know what happened. YIKES! You add on the wire as you need it. When I run out, I just use my chain nose pliers to firmly push the end of the wire down. I add my next piece of wire and wrap a few rounds and be sure you are wrapping in the same direction as you were with the last piece of wire. You will have an end sticking up on the wire you just added. You will need to use your wire cutters to cut off the end and use your chain nose pliers to firmly press that end down so it meets the other end where your last piece of wire ended. You don't have to use pieces of wire that short. You can use them much longer if you choose. I started using shorter pieces of wire when I first started wire wrapping but now I just use long pieces. If you use longer pieces, you have to be very careful not to over work the wire or it become brittle and may break. I hope this helps. If you want I can take a picture of it later. Kinda like a mini tutorial on how to add on more wire. Thank you for the compliments also.

My Facebook
Old 2008-10-29, 12:26pm
Mary Lockwood

Great job, thanks for sharing!!!

I love it and if I get one done I'll share a picture.

~~Mary

Old 2008-10-29, 12:43pm

Oh Yes! I would love to see pics!

My Facebook
Old 2008-10-29, 1:28pm

Jewlie Where do you get your 26 gauge wire copper? Hobby Lobby maybe? I hope so. This is awesome for a tut. I'm going to do it when I can get the copper that will co inside with your directions. Can't wait.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-10-29, 1:49pm

I get my copper wire from Monsterslayer. You may be able to get it from Hobby Lobby too but I'm not sure. We just have a Michaels here. 26 gauge copper is the smallest gauge of copper I've been able to find.

My Facebook
Old 2008-10-29, 2:11pm
Eight Miles Wide

Wow. What a wonderful tut! Thank you so much!

Old 2008-10-29, 2:45pm

Default WOW

What a great tutorial and what a generous and kind person you are. I didn't think we would ever see a free tutorial again and I have to say that I would have been more than happy to pay for this one.

Thank You xxx
Old 2008-10-29, 2:54pm
Crispy Critter

That is a wonderful tute!!! Thank you!!!

Old 2008-10-29, 3:19pm
Type ZZZ personality

Julie, you're the best! Thanks so much!
And I don't mind your fingers at all. They're fingers of a person who does things!!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-10-29, 3:42pm
Mad about Glass

What a wonderful tutorial. I think wire wrapping is beyond but you make it seem possible.
I love your work - I have been wearing my hoops since I received them.

Thanks
Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-10-29, 4:20pm

Jewlie that tutorial is GREAT!!! It's very kind of you to post it for free! Thank you

Old 2008-10-29, 5:04pm
Hole Challenged

Fantastic tutorial! Thanks!

Old 2008-10-29, 5:10pm
Colors outside the lines

Wow, this is great! I can't wait to try this out. Really good, clear pictures and instructions. Thanks so much...

Leah
Old 2008-10-29, 5:27pm
Does it come in Purple???

Jewlie, I too came in here prepared to purchase a tut - wow, what an awesome job. THis is definitely on my list of things to try.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-10-29, 5:28pm
Type ZZZ personality

I wanted to print out this tutorial so I set it up as a PDF file. Only 3 pages to print!

If you want to download it -- with Julie's permission -- go here:

http://www.rusticstudio.com/downloads_home.htm

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-10-29, 5:32pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

How generous of you to share that with everyone! Your wire work is amazing.

Old 2008-10-29, 5:42pm
Senior Moment

Jewlie, your tut is fantastic and your work is too. Thank you for sharing with us. I can't wait to give it a try. Hugs!

Old 2008-10-29, 5:42pm

Thank you so much Patty! You all have my permission.

My Facebook