Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-01-10, 11:52am

Default PE6 on iMac question

I am trying a trial of PE6 in my iMac.(I have been using PE2 on a PC for years with no problems) I can edit the pictures and save them for the web with no problem, however when I upload them to the web they lose color and it's big loss of color. I am shooting both RAW and Jpeg, either way I lose color. Anyone else having this problem? I am shooting with a Nikon D70 using a macro lens. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-10, 3:46pm

Try this, do a save for web. when the widow opens look for a small arrow just left of the save button. Click on it and you'll get some Dither options. set the dither to USE DOCUMENT COLOR PROFILE.

That may solve your problem.
Scott

ESTY
Old 2009-01-10, 9:59pm

Thanks Scott, but so far I have been unable to find the check you are talking about. I am working in Adobe Bridge on an iMac. Does that make any difference? I have tried a variety of options, but to tell the truth I am following all the directions blindly. I am not a photographer and have used PE2 exclusively for the last 6-8 years. I am ready to branch out, but going nowhere fast. I have two options at my disposal. PE6. with the Adobe Bridge included or Aperture with iPhoto. Both are trial packages. I find Aperture pretty confusing. There are some vague similarities in PE2 and PE6. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears, or eyes Thanks!

Old 2009-01-27, 8:45am

You may want to try downloading a trial of adobe lightroom. It's similar to aperture, in that they were both designed to be simple editing programs, but great organizational tools. I almost never use photoshop anymore (never used much more than the basics).

Lightroom will also preserve your original, with the information on how to interpret your original stored in a small "sidecar", so several variations of the same pic don't take up much room like they do in ps.

I don't know about your problem, but I would look into the different color spaces that images can be saved in.

Is the color loss there no matter where you upload to? (LE vs your website?)

I'm on an imac as well, and I haven't had those issues.
Good Luck!
Mary

Mary
Old 2009-01-27, 9:36am
ManBearPig

What kind of file are you saving them as when you upload them? Sounds like you are saving them as a .gif file. Make sure you are saving them as a .jpg file, and you are saving with the largest file size.

Also, what program are you using to upload them? I've seen some web editing programs that will compress a file automatically when uploading, and that will lower the image quality.