Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-02-22, 4:09pm

Default Seeking Digital Camera Advice

I did a quick search and didn't find a thread about this specific topic, sorry if I overlooked it.

I'm looking for a point and shoot type of digital camera that does a nice job photographing jewelry. I have an Olympus Stylus 1000 right now, and it does an awful job. Also, if you have a camera you like, what setting do you find best for shooting jewelry?

Thanks!
Old 2009-02-23, 8:13am

I happened to be browsing at best buy and noticed that the cannon digital elph has a really nice macro mode.

Good luck!

Mary
Old 2009-02-23, 8:56am
In search of her path....

I have a Fuji Finepix S2000HD

Its fantastic I love this thing. It has 2 modes of macro. I can get down within an inch of something and photograph it. It also has some great options for everyda shooting too like shooting with natural light! and it does a really good job of this. I just love it. Its under $300 and is 10megapixels and also shoots movies with sound.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2009-02-23, 8:54pm

Hi - I have the Canon elph. I have been using it for about a year. The pics are best on the auto mode with the macro setting, on a tripod using the timer. However, I used my nephews Nikon 35mm the other day and I won't be using the canon anymore for my beads. The difference is just too great. I will be saving up for a 35mm. I wish I had spent the extra money to begin with. My nephew said he got his at Ritz for about $500. My canon was about $150. Good luck!

Old 2009-02-24, 9:03pm

Thanks for all of the advice! I will look into all of your suggestions!
Old 2009-02-24, 10:29pm

I love my Nikon P80!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-02-28, 3:36am
Knob Creek Glass

Me too, Nikon P80!!