LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-01-06, 3:40pm

Me!

I'm winning the tutorials as well as the bead. For sure. I did donate such a lot of money, so at least 99 % of the names will be Martin(i)a!!!!!!!!!

TRUELY! Honestly. Positively.

Thank you Michael for teasing the community!

MM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2010-01-07, 11:30pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Oh my - just saw this, & it is the next best thing to my dream coming true & taking a class with you.
Sent my donation

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-07, 11:50pm
I speak Murrini!

I donated too! I sent what I could and win or loose, the animals and your friend are getting help - what a wonderful thing for you to do!

I'm sending a PM with how much I donated - not sure where to send an email (duh!)

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-01-08, 12:31am
OY and Psyche Junkie

Sorry to hear about your arm Michael! What a great cause - I've made my donation! Thanks so much for writing this tutorial. I've always enjoyed trying it in your classes and now I'll have a tutorial to follow - my notes are always bad!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-01-12, 2:22pm

Hi all,

You guys are great! So far, Sara has gotten $848.00 in donations. I'm sure that she must be thrilled. I think that it's great that she has no idea why people from all over the world are sending her money. Thank you to all who have donated. I'll be pulling the winning name in about a week.
By the way, a few people have asked me about my Etsy shop. I don't have anything listed yet, but here's the link to the main page. I've got things ready with my profile page and stuff, but I'm waiting until I get back from teaching in Austin at the wonderful Blue Moon glass studio to list things.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/michaelbarley

Thank you again for your great support.

Michael
Old 2010-01-13, 9:29am

What a great opportunity to donate and win!

I've been to PayPal and sent you an email.

So sorry about your arm!

Kathy

Old 2010-01-13, 12:15pm
Xstatic

donation and e-mail sent. Crossing fingers here! Truly a generous and thoughful act. Thanx
Gail
(Hope your arm heals quickly)

'A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner'
Old 2010-01-15, 3:59am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Sent my donation, thanks so much for doing this - it's a great thing to help animals.

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2010-01-15, 8:07am
Julie Nordine

Sounds like you need to be drinking more milk, Michael. So sorry about your arm, your timing was good, though... I know many friends who would've been so disappointed if you had to cancel your classes in Austin this week! Hope you're having fun. Blue Moon is so awesome, I know they're taking good care of you.

I so enjoyed your class when you taught here @ Malcom's, you're such a fantastic teacher... patient & so talented. Your tutorial will be well received, as it should be.

& what a great cause, Michael. So cool that you're helping out Sara like this. I'm definitely going to donate.

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2010-01-15, 9:49am
In search of her path....

awesome!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-01-15, 10:04am

Sent my donation YOU ROCK!!!!
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-01-15, 10:17am
-boring beads-

Donated!
What a wonderful thing to do, Michael!
Old 2010-01-15, 10:42am
Resident hippie

De here is Michael's email address - from post #8 above -
beadlebarley@yahoo.com

Donated - off to email Michael myself now.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Last edited by Beadanna; 2010-01-15 at 11:07am. Reason: Correct post number.
Old 2010-01-15, 11:10am
Glassy Broad :-)

Where IS the Tutorial? Can we not just purchase it? Inquiring minds and all that
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-01-15, 11:39am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

It is coming out this weekend, I believe - this is the "win it before you can buy it" donation drive

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-01-15, 11:45am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
It is coming out this weekend, I believe - this is the "win it before you can buy it" donation drive
Next weekend. He stated January 21st or sometime near there in the OP.

Old 2010-01-15, 12:35pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Thank you so much Squid and Amy
Musta missed that part LMBO
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-01-15, 6:50pm
Covered in glitter

I am lucky enough to have taken your class at Portia's Michael. I LOVE making those beads with my own little spin on them. Yours are a whole lot prettier but I'm working on it. LOL I love the idea of donating to an animal rescue.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-01-19, 6:04am

I just contributed. I've never had the opportunity to take a class with Michael so of course I'm hoping to win! However, beadmakers are such generous people, I love it when they come together to do something like this. We all benefit! Thanks for giving us an opportunity to change a small part of the world!

Sharlyn
Old 2010-01-19, 7:21am

What is also amazing Michael is taking the time to thank each and every one of us in email.
Old 2010-01-19, 10:08am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default michael's class

Just came back from Austin with Michael. AWESOME class. He is just such a super person altogether, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go and learn from him. I've been lampworking for 9 years, and his class is one I've had on the radar for a long, long time. He taught us the Baleen bead, but I'll probably buy the tutorial anyway, 'cause his notes are bound to be more cohesive than my scribbles during class! And (a plug)as for Blue Moon, what a super place to take a class!

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Old 2010-01-19, 11:02pm

Hi,

I just got home from teaching in Austin. "Hi" Charmaine. It was great meeting you and having you in the class. I'm glad that you made it home safely. Both classes were really fun and everybody was so nice. I love teaching at Blue Moon and Jim and Rose are the best. Marcie was my T.A. and it was really nice having her help me out. Has anyone out there ever seen her not smiling?

A really big "Thank You!" to everybody who has donated. Before I left for Austin, last thursday, the total was around $900. Since then, a bunch more people have donated. I don't know the exact numbers yet, but I bet that it's close to $1200. Wow! You still have time if you haven't joined in yet. Officially the cut off time is midnight tonight. But I won't be making out the final tickets until tomorrow, so if you get it in before I finish cutting out the tickets, I'll include you in the drawing. It'll probably be tomorrow evening when I post the winner and let you know the total amount that was raised.

Thank you very much.

Michael
beadlebarley@yahoo.com
Old 2010-01-20, 10:24am

The Raffle is closed. I'm going to cut up the final tickets and go over to Andrea's later today for her to draw the winning name. I'll be back later to let you know who it is.

Thank you very much to everybody who contributed. I'll have the totals later.

Michael
Old 2010-01-20, 9:00pm
Mad about Glass

I just bought it!!! Whooohoooo!!! I can't wait to get it! I hope Michael gets up early!!! I've no idea what time it is in Port Townsend - perhaps it's evening.

[url]

Last edited by Ekkie; 2010-01-20 at 9:03pm.
Old 2010-01-20, 9:32pm
I'm a lilac!

Michael, you are an amazing person! I'm sorry about the broken arm; hope it heals fast.

Old 2010-01-20, 11:41pm

Old Bones break easily...take some calcium.
Old 2010-01-21, 5:38am
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

IS IT OUT?????
Old 2010-01-21, 5:45am

Please put more in your Etsy shop, please.
Jen

Last edited by Jenfire; 2010-01-21 at 5:48am.
Old 2010-01-21, 7:15am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounder View Post
Marcie was my T.A. and it was really nice having her help me out. Has anyone out there ever seen her not smiling?

My guess is she smiles all night in her sleep too

Old 2010-01-21, 7:28am

Got this from Michael:

Hi Cindy,

I just wanted to let you know that the tutorial is now available at my Etsy store.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/michaelbarley

In case you didn't know, Kathy James won the raffle. We raised $1073.00 thanks to your donation!

I am sure each person got an email thanking them. Cindy