Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2007-11-06, 9:01pm
JBGlassDesigns

Default Help wanted on new indoor studio for my carlise cc

I just moved in to a new house and want to put a pro studio indoors for the first time. I want to set up a 2 station studio with a carlise cc and barracuda next to each other. I am thinking of designing a large hood that has walls on each side attached to the hood with a wall in front of my wall also going up to the hood. I just don't know what type of ventalation system or pwer of exhuast would be good for it and if I should get to exhaust with asemi divider between the 2 stations. I will be mostly me there with plans to teach small lessons.

I have windows to open around me but want to try to use the ac and heat with out pumping in to much uncomfortable air. should I try to rig up a fresh air source or would a fan blowing behind me towards my sation work? If I choose to bring in a frsh air source from outside does that empty under the work bench in front of the flame kind of like a floor board heating vent works?

I also am thinking of building a wooden bench and putting metal sheets over top. Is that good enough and is stanles steel the best?

One last thing, I use a rolling chair and want to continue but want to protect my floor from stray chips of glass and don't know what type of covering I could use to still roll around and not hurt my floor, any suggestions of how I should start would be very greatly appreciated. sorry for it being so long

Thanks,

Jon
Old 2007-11-07, 9:35am
Gentleman of Leisure

All thing you mention are doable...

First item is to decide actually hood size (width x depth) if sides are open...

All things as duct size and fan CFM are related to "face opening" of hood...

IF you are going to AC or heat your studio, consider bringing make up air in bench in front if torch... This keeps most warmed or cooled air in studio while putting fresh air in front of you and and torch it simply moves through combustion zone and not whole studio....

http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum...opic.php?t=150

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2007-11-07, 11:27am
JBGlassDesigns

Now does the make up air come between me and the torch or does it come out right in front of the torch under the flame and before you get to the vent wall?

Last edited by beigeworks; 2007-11-07 at 11:34am.