Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2011-11-14, 11:45am

Default GIMP 2 tutorial DVD ROM is for sale.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I finished my GIMP 2 DVD ROM tutorial.
Learn how to use the best FREE graphic manipulation programs out there.
  • Over 3 hours of video.
  • Clips rang from about 2 minutes to 15 minutes for easy consumption.
  • Step by step tutorials.
  • Workshop files.
  • Easy to use navigation.
  • Works with your web browser.

$19.99 plus shipping.

If you do not have GIMP go to www.gimp.org/downloads to download you copy for free. Just follow the instructions from the GIMP website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not the Camera that takes the photo, it's the photographer.
Old 2011-11-18, 5:38pm
Duchess of Dichro

Very interesting. Off to check out your link

Old 2011-12-05, 3:34pm

Hey thanks Leslie.
I posted another video. 3 easy ways to stylize your bead photography.
Click here to view

Old 2011-12-05, 4:02pm

Looks very interesting. I've been using Gimp but in a very elementary way. I've put this on my Christmas wish list though the sample video looks way over my head.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2011-12-05, 5:11pm

Thank you.
The sample video is a bit fast. I just wanted to show what GIMP can do in a few steps. The DVD's pace is a little bit slower.

On the DVD I go through the most important tools, settings and filters.

This video shows how to use the Levels and Color Balance on an image.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYraE...eature=related

Old 2011-12-11, 3:40pm

Is this a good video of a rank novice with no gimp2\photoshop experience? I need something that will start me at the VERY beginning and walk me though basic usage of the tool.

Last edited by kwelna; 2011-12-11 at 8:10pm.
Old 2011-12-15, 2:21pm

Default It is good for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelna View Post
Is this a good video of a rank novice with no gimp2\photoshop experience? I need something that will start me at the VERY beginning and walk me though basic usage of the tool.
Yes I go through The tools, menus and filters you'll be using the most for bead photography. I start simple and then build on that to show techniques. I also include workshop files so you can follow along with the video clips.

I had a beginner in mind when i put this together. if you have anymore questions please contact me, Thanks!

Keith

Old 2011-12-16, 9:45am

Good call on a tute for GIMP! I hope it helps people use this free alternative to Photoshop!

|
Old 2011-12-17, 2:45pm

Thanks. you know if it wasn't for the fact I already had photoshop I would be using GIMP. I remember using it years ago and I thought it was kind of hooky. But after jumping in and really exploring GIMP for the tute I have seen it has become very robust. It doesn't have the bells and whistles Photoshop has, but it has the core features you would need the most.

They are constantly adding to it. After I finished the DVD ROM I saw on www.GIMP.org that the new version has 2 new features. I'll have to download the new version and mess around with it and make some more videos to post.

Old 2012-01-18, 10:28am
Fried Cat

Hi Keith,

Would there happen to be any issues with using this DVD on a Mac? I have Adobe Flash installed and I'm running parallels, but.... it's not happening.
Old 2012-01-18, 1:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredCat View Post
Hi Keith,

Would there happen to be any issues with using this DVD on a Mac? I have Adobe Flash installed and I'm running parallels, but.... it's not happening.
The video format is .MP4
and the rest is .HTML and .XML
So this should work on mac. BUT before you do anything I want to physically put the DVD ROM into a mac and see if it works with my own eyes. I'll let you know as soon as I test it out.

Old 2012-01-18, 1:28pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_H View Post
The video format is .MP4
and the rest is .HTML and .XML
So this should work on mac. BUT before you do anything I want to physically put the DVD ROM into a mac and see if it works with my own eyes. I'll let you know as soon as I test it out.
That's fine Keith. While you're doing that, I'll try to find something else that utilizes my Adobe Flash and take it for a "test drive". I haven't watched any videos since uploading parallels and windows day before yesterday. So I'm not unconvinced it could be on my end.
Old 2012-01-18, 3:24pm
Meet Molly

Keith, I was going to download Gimp through www.gimp.org/downloads but I was warned of potential harm to my computer. Have you had a problem like this?

Neomi
Old 2012-01-19, 8:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Keith, I was going to download Gimp through www.gimp.org/downloads but I was warned of potential harm to my computer. Have you had a problem like this?

Neomi
No I haven't with this program but I have seen it with others. I downloaded it and scanned it with my virus protection and everything was cool according to Nortons.

That warning tends to happen when antivirus protection is set high or you try to install it from another program like your web browser. It's just warning you that it is an application that could be a problem. From my experience its fine. But if you're not confident about it, don't install.