Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-08-09, 9:40am
The Queen of Sofa King

Default My Carol Bead

Last year one of my very best friends and I did a 140 mile bicycle ride by ourselves from Cardon Children's Hospital in Mesa, AZ down to Tucson and Beads of Courage headquarters. It was the hardest ride either of us had ever done.

I called it Carol's Challenge and raised enough funding for Team Beads of Courage to carry 90 beads for kids in treatment. I sent in those beads each with their own story postcard and then life went on as it always seems to do.

Jean Baruch recently gave a little fellow in treatment one of my Team Beads in a Washington hospital and she told me that he immediately called it "my Carol Bead". Wow. It made every dusty, bumpy, hot and lonely mile on the road to Tucson worth it. My strength and love is now with him every day during his fight with maybe the hardest challenge he will ever face.

I encourage all of you to check out Team Beads of Courage and ride your bike, walk, run, swim, hike, triathalon, ski, sled dog or dance your heart out for those kids. Carry some beads to let them know you're out there and you care. It is one of the best feelings you will ever have when someday, you connect with the child who is wearing your bead and know that it means a lot to them.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CarolS; 2012-08-09 at 10:14am.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:28am

What a wonderful story. But my butt can't hold up that many miles, so I send them.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:03am

so cool!!!

i have 2 team beads, 1 was from a marathon runner and the other was from Gavin DeGraw. its so cool to know that someone was thinking of me and was kind enof to carry a bead

-hannah
Old 2012-08-10, 11:44am
The Queen of Sofa King

Quote:
so cool!!!

i have 2 team beads, 1 was from a marathon runner and the other was from Gavin DeGraw. its so cool to know that someone was thinking of me and was kind enof to carry a bead

-hannah
Hannah, it is an honor to carry a bead for you guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.