Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-08-14, 7:50am
Mr. Cellophane

Default Trey Cornette Third Degree Glass St. Louis Mo. Nov.13-14

Third Degree is so excited that we got Trey coming to teach in Nov. He had a opening and we grabbed it!.
The class is Nov. 13-14 2010.
This is the first time in the Midwest area that Trey has taught. Make sure you sign up quick!
Here is the link for more information and to sign up.

http://www.thirddegreeglassfactory.c...ew&eid=226#REG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-20, 5:35am
DSDWC

Hi everybody
I am so looking forward to this class. I have heard wonderful things about the Third Degree glass studio and it is only 4 hours from my home in Tennessee. This class happened quick and is coming up fast. Libby and I talked at the Gathering and we both had an opening and even though there was not a lot of time to organize it we said "What the hey. Lets give it a shot."
Over the past 4 years of teaching I have learned a lot about how to pass my knowledge on to students. My refined teaching plan is full of information and techniques. It is geared towards intermediate to advanced bead makers but if you feel you are a beginner with good skills we can work with you. Just ask Libby or myself if you are ready. With a few questions we can tell if you will be able to absorb the information I present. I have gotten pretty good at bringing newbies along. Please contact me here or at Trey@treycornette.com if you have any reservations about your skill level and taking the class.
Here are a few of the many topics we will cover in the class

Shaping and forming large beads using the Bench Top Marver.
The perfect mash for tabs.
Heat control and gravity, how to make it work for you!
Stringer control, 2 demos that will help you find your sweet spot and stay there.
Twisted cane challenged? We can fix that. The method I use to pull twisted cane will have you twisting with the best of them!
Stretching, dragging, twisting, and stringer work with twisted cane.
Rhythm in glass. Yep. It’s got a beat Dick and I think I can dance to it!
Millifiori flower cane pulling, cutting, application and manipulation.
Super Fine Stringer application for stems and grass.
How to get those nice puckered ends on long thin beads.
Recovering a wonky bead.
Raku Raku Raku! How to get those colors.
Pulling your own cane from Kilo rods .
The Raku Ivory connection.
Tips and Tricks, little bits of info here and there that really add up.
Color combos galore, I hold no secrets.
And much more!!

I hold nothing back in my classes. Every process, technique and color combo I use is knowledge I will pass on to you. I make sure there is adequate work time after each demo so you can experience the technique and get assistance. I am a hands on teacher and make sure every student is individually visited repeatedly throughout the class. It’s my goal to pass on the knowledge I have learned to you and to help you become a better bead maker.
Your questions are greatly appreciated. I will do my best not only to answer them but to demo it as well. Mini demos occur throughout the day.

I know times are tough out there and many of you may be on the fence as to weather you can afford a class right now. I truly believe that my class can open new doors for you in lampworking, challenge you to create better beads, inspire you to greater heights and give you more confidence in your creativity.
Please join me for a weekend of fun.

Peace,

Trey

Old 2010-08-20, 5:52am
Did someone say SALE?

I would like to say thanks, Trey for a great class last year at ABR! I love the marvering techniques! Fun class!
Old 2010-08-20, 11:45am
DSDWC

You are welcome Beth.
We sure had fun at ABR!

Old 2010-08-24, 9:59am

Sweet! Trey did a great class over here in Indiana last year. Everyone was very pleased. I'm sure you guys will have a great time!

Old 2010-09-14, 8:50am
DSDWC

There is still a seat for you in this class.
We are sure to have a blast!!
Hope to see you there,

Trey

Old 2010-10-24, 1:02pm
DSDWC

Couple of spots left.

Hope to see you there!

Old 2010-10-24, 4:12pm
Mr. Cellophane

Can't wait!

Libby

Old 2010-10-25, 6:09am

Still loving the techniques I learned from Trey in Texas.
Your class is worth every penny.
Joan
Old 2010-10-26, 6:57am
ID10T Problem Solver

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!!

You have no idea how happy this made me, I was devasted when Bearden's cancelled his class a couple years ago.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2010-10-26, 9:15am
Mr. Cellophane

Yea Jana! Glad you are joining us.

Libby

Old 2010-10-28, 6:33am
Mr. Cellophane

Ok we have three more spots open. Our studio is rockin cool, so don't miss out on this class.

Libby

Old 2010-11-01, 4:04pm
DSDWC

Great news everyone.
We have enough students signed up for this class to happen.
Just a couple of more people and we will have quite the party on our hands!
It's sure to be a great weekend at this wonderful studio!!!!
Can't wait to meet you all.

Old 2010-11-01, 4:22pm
Mr. Cellophane

We still have 3 spots open! This is going to be a blast!
Want to see how cool our studio it??? I have posted tons of pictures in the studio section of LE.

Libby

Old 2010-11-01, 7:08pm
ID10T Problem Solver

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2010-11-09, 10:38am
Mr. Cellophane

2 more spots open! Can't wait!

Libby

Old 2010-11-09, 11:01am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Trey teaches an informative and fun class. Go if you can! ( I was at the ABR one last year with Beth. I traveled "a distance" and it was well worth it.)

I have incorporated his marvering technique (other stuff too, but especially that) into my working habits.

--
--
--

Old 2010-11-11, 6:55am
DSDWC

Packing my truck. See you all soon

Old 2010-11-13, 9:42pm
Token Male

The first day of class was fantastic. We learned how to use the benchtop marver and smasher. We got some great tips on stringer control, learned to pull cane from Kilo rods and learned a new way to pull tight, even twisted cane. Double Helix provided everyone with an assortmet of great reactive glass to practice with. Here's a few pics from the first day.

Old 2010-11-14, 5:09am

Great to have seen all of you. What beauties you are making! Wish I could've joined you.
Joan
Old 2010-11-14, 6:20am
Mr. Cellophane

Damn that Trey, I was bound and determined NOT to use that bench top marver. Such a silly idea, I mean it is just like the hot shop, and god knows I don't want to give them anymore credit. Their heads are already big enough. BUT the damn thing works...argggg.

Having a great time in class. The students ROCK and are the best, teacher's not to bad either.

Libby

Old 2010-11-14, 8:18am

Yup...I bought the marver from Trey in Madison last month and I love it - it really works for me!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day today with Trey.

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

Scorpion on 2 concentrators
Old 2010-11-14, 9:15pm
Token Male

It was another fantastic day of class. Monday is Trey's birthday, so Joan stopped in on her way to the SLLS meeting and dropped off birthday cheesecake for everyone. Here's a few pictures from day two along with a picture of the class beads from day one just out of the kiln.

Old 2010-11-15, 12:10pm
Token Male

I slipped out of the office and went to 3rd Degree to pick up my beads this morning. They were all still in the kiln so I grabbed a quick shot of the day 2 beads.

Old 2010-11-16, 6:44am
Smooches!

Wow! Thanks Fred for the great pics! Post 'em over at FB too, please?
I get to go pic up mine, Jana & Jeannie's beads today! I just LOVED this class!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2010-11-16, 1:09pm
Angel's Mom

Icicles, too? You lucky ducks.
Old 2010-11-16, 1:10pm
Angel's Mom

What is the colored wraps at the end of the mandrels? New way to mark them?
Old 2010-11-16, 1:47pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisb16 View Post
What is the colored wraps at the end of the mandrels? New way to mark them?
We brought our own marked mandrels...mine is the bubble gum pink ones and I just used my daughter's finger nail polish to color the end that wasn't going in the kiln.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***