No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-23, 6:17am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Pendant bead caps

Hi all, I have received numerous requests every week for quite sometime concerning the bead caps I use on my lentil focals. I really wanted to keep it to myself as it took me some years to find them and they were a signature look I had for my lentil focals at my local shows. I decided to give up on that as the requests are too numerous. I have moved on from them so here I share.

Tierracast manufactures them but you need to get a wholesale account to purchase. It took me a few years to have them finally breakdown and give me an account. There are retailers out there but I really do not know who they are.

Actually, I just googled "tierracast pendant beadcaps" and found this source. I have done business with her and she is very good.

Enjoy!

http://www.lythastudios.com/123bead/pewter6.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-07-23, 6:39am
Glass-aholic

Thanks for sharing

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-07-23, 6:40am

those are lovely, thanks for sharing.

Old 2012-07-23, 9:08am
what's a senior moment ?

Wouldn't these work as well ? http://www.firemountaingems.com/Shop...=T1B&WT.ac=NH1

Also, I just did a search for flat bead caps and found a bunch at Firemountain, Etsy and other places. Some the same as Gems posted.

Last edited by dla; 2012-07-23 at 9:14am.
Old 2012-07-23, 9:36am
Storm Queen

I'm not sure why people couldn't fine them. Squid and I searched for some awhile back and came up with a few sites that had them in sterling. The links are on my old computer which my husband just wiped clean yesterday but maybe Squid still has the links.

Old 2012-07-23, 9:46am
Storm Queen

Here's the same design in sterling:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/60807097...15&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_search_query=lentil+bead+caps&ga_search_t ype=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Here's a different design in sterling:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/98611293...er-lentil-bead

These are pretty cool...not sterling though:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72009164...23&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_search_query=lentil+bead+caps&ga_search_t ype=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Ohhh.....these are copper:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72557949...23&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=lentil+bead+caps&ga_page=2&g a_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Here's another cool design, not sterling:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59711426..._8&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=lentil+bead+caps&ga_page=3&g a_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Old 2012-07-24, 5:31am

I love dealing with Lytha Studios. Very helpful and a huge line of Tierracast. Not the cheapest but I think the best selection.

Old 2012-07-24, 7:48am
Queen Bee

I never knew why folks didn't know where they came from either - it's not a secret that Terra Cast has always had them, and as you said, there are several places to buy them in sterling. Just google, lol. I find you do have to pry open the Terra caps a bit to fit over a lentil, but they do work.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-07-24, 11:03am
Cancer SUCKS!

I knew a few years ago also. Google is your friend!

Old 2012-07-24, 12:19pm
I'm not Barbie.

I found them a few years ago too.
Old 2012-07-24, 4:27pm

Gems it was nice of you to share this information anyway ...it's a great help to those maybe that are not quit so computer say
Old 2012-07-24, 4:43pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Oops View Post
Gems it was nice of you to share this information anyway ...it's a great help to those maybe that are not quit so computer say
Most definitely.

Old 2012-07-24, 7:31pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you

Old 2012-07-24, 8:13pm
Bead me up, Scotty.

Thank you for the info, Jacqueline--and for the additional links, Amy. This is very helpful to me and I AM computer savy! I was very confused by all the choices for Tierra Cast--and this is great information.
Cathy
Old 2012-07-27, 7:44pm

Arrowsprings sells tierracast.
Old 2012-07-28, 1:30am
It's all about the color.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)