Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-07-13, 7:33pm

Default what torch?

I am beginning to work with boro for pendants. I took a class last week and the teacher used a huge torch with a oxy tank and a propane tank. I on the other hand doing soft glass use a minor and a integra 10 concentrater and do just fine. but as I started working a pendant it was like going backt to a hot head. . I am not looking to switch to a oxy tank , as I drive a vw beetle and dont have space to cary tanks. Has any one had good results using a lynx or bob cat with propane and a integra 10? Just looking for a way to get glass hotter with minimal expense.
Old 2008-07-14, 7:08am
Spoiled

I'm using a lynx right now but with a M15 concentrater. I don't know how the two compair to each other though.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-16, 8:00am
ManBearPig

Tanked oxygen is your best bet. Gets the best colors, and you have unlimited pressure.

However, if tanks are not an option, you can get decent results out of concentrators. At a show last year I ran a Hellcat on three M-15's. It had a decent flame at medium flame lengths, but like all concentrators, when you cranked up the flame, it quickly went into a reducing flame.

Old 2008-07-16, 9:32am

The integra 10 should be able to power the lynx just fine. It wont be as powerful as a tank but it should run the lynx at around 90-95% I believe. Try PMing Kbinkster for more information

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-07-16, 9:39am
da General

Here is an old thread on this subject:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26472

This discussed the Integra running the Lynx 90% capicity:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...62&postcount=5

Hope this helps.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2008-07-16 at 9:43am.
Old 2008-07-19, 1:02pm

I havnt tested it extensively but I use a bobcat with a 5 or 6 l oxycon and can make small pieces. need to test my set up again as I havnt for a while but when I checked last it was neutral. I mostly make hollow stuff rather than solid though. its probably a bit slow, I first used boro on a midrange running on tanked oxygen

hope that helps?

www.madelinebunyan.com to see my pieces.(note some were made on aforementioned midrange)