Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-03-23, 7:50pm
Cheerfully Profane

Default Spring Fire in the Mountains!!! Who's going?

I'm heading up on Wednesday and will be there on Thursday night! See ya'll there!
Old 2009-03-24, 3:48am

I'm going -and looking forward to a fun weekend. The weather forecast is for cool temps and some rain so everyone dress for chilly. Travel safely - see you on Thursday evening.

Marjorie

(p.s. I'm sure we have everyone thoroughly confused now. "Official" event names are:
the spring event - Fire on the Mountain
the fall event - Hot Time in the Mountains)
Old 2009-03-24, 6:44am
Enabler

Oooooh.....I'm so jealous!! You girls have no idea how much I'd love to be there!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-24, 9:39am
DSDWC

I'm thinking abut it

Old 2009-03-24, 1:26pm
Senior Moment

I'll be there........... (I think I hear Micheal Jackson!)

I can't wait. Last Fall was soooo much fun, I know we will have a great time this weekend.

See ya' soon
Old 2009-03-24, 1:39pm
Cheerfully Profane

Crap! Sorry about that Marjorie! I call it "Time for me to go visit my momma and Gary".
Old 2009-03-24, 1:40pm
Cheerfully Profane

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadaddicts View Post
Oooooh.....I'm so jealous!! You girls have no idea how much I'd love to be there!!
You'd DIE. lmao
Old 2009-03-24, 3:52pm

"I'm thinking about it" - don't let him kid you - he's one of the featured demonstrators!

Bek - you didn't do anything to apologize for. We have had a really tough time settling on the final permanent name for the spring event - even changed it after we announced what turned out not to be a final decision!

Angie - you are always welcome!

M.
Old 2009-03-24, 5:09pm
Enabler

How I wish I could!! But after having company here for ten days straight, I'm so behind I feel like I'm chasing my own tail!!

Old 2009-03-25, 4:41am
DSDWC

I'm packing the truck.
See you all soon
Marjorie if you see this send me the studio Phone # and your cell# via email.
Just in case I get lost or something.
Peace out

Old 2009-03-30, 8:36pm
"Maybe it's a tumor"

Hey it was a blast hope everyone made it back safely. It was back to the grindstone today but I did get done around 3 and made a few beads w the techniques I learned this w/e. Trey that big marver thing has really helped me........ thanks.
Did anyone take pics of all our fun? If so whatcha waitin on? Post em!!!!
CC
Old 2009-03-31, 3:58am

Thanks to everyone who participated for an absolutely wonderful weekend!
Terry has lots of pictures and will be posting them once she has a few minutes to catch her breath. Look forward to doing this again in the fall.

Marjorie
Old 2009-03-31, 7:11am
Senior Moment

This past weekend in Asheville at Fire on the Mountain was fantastic.
Met some great people and learned a lot of new techniques.
Many thanks to Marjorie, Terry and Gary for puting together such a great event.

Hope to see you in the fall,
lysa
Old 2009-03-31, 7:42am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjjjj View Post
Thanks to everyone who participated for an absolutely wonderful weekend!
Terry has lots of pictures and will be posting them once she has a few minutes to catch her breath. Look forward to doing this again in the fall.

Marjorie
Do you have the dates for fall yet?

Old 2009-03-31, 8:00am

Hey Chad - yes - October 8-11. Registration will open via email on Friday evening (4/3- as in three days from now) and, as always, spaces will be available on a first come-first served basis. Anyone who wants to be included on that email and isn't already on the mailing list needs to let me know before Friday.

Marjorie
Old 2009-03-31, 12:14pm
Flamin' Redhead

Default Fire on the Mountain...and Photo too.

Hey Carol, Marjorie, Lysa! What a weekend!!!!! Thanks to Gary, Terry, and Marjorie and anyone else who helped.

I had my camera but left my photo stick at home, so with limited memory (in da camera this time ) I took few photos. Here they are for your viewing pleasure

Trey Works

Brad Works

Brad and Trey Collaborate

"You first Brad!"

Trey's turn

To the Kiln...and Beyond!!! (sorry for the crummy shot)

#T48
Old 2009-03-31, 5:15pm

I promise to get some pictures up soon. I've been cleaning since I hit the front door...got a photographer coming Thursday to spend the day in the shop and it's not ready for that! (Neither am I!!!)

Old 2009-04-01, 6:46am
Drawn to the Flame

OH NO!!!

HOW on EARTH did I miss this???????
I am in Greenville and I would have LOVED to meet everyone!!!

I am GLAD you all had a good time!!!

Hope to meet some of you FIREBUGS soon!!!

Teresa Marie

Old 2009-04-01, 8:51am

It was terrific! Thanks to all. My head is exploding with all of the stuff I learned. I haven't been back to my torch -- I'm still in Asheville -- but I've been going over the techniques in my mind.

I bought several tools and I had everything in a long narrow box. I had this in the back of my RAV and was driving over curvy roads and the box must have slid against the back door. When I opened it, everything fell out on the pavement. I broke a few rods of glass, but my nifty new marver was undamaged. Whew.

Great to meet everyone,

Susan
Old 2009-04-07, 6:24am

I'm late but I promised pictures! I don't have all the captions added but you can find several shots here. I'll add more when I get time to crop/etc. them.

Can we start a Hot Time '09 roll call now? I'll be there!!!!

Old 2009-04-07, 7:22am
Enabler

Me, me, me!! I get to go this year!

Old 2009-04-07, 8:38am
Connie O

I'll be there too!!!

Old 2009-04-07, 9:55am
ManBearPig

I hope to be there. A little too far out for me to tell right now, but I hope so...

Old 2009-04-07, 9:07pm
Cheerfully Profane

Chad, you'd better drag yo happy ass to Asheville! We missed having you around!

Yay Angie! Anyone wanna make bets as to when she passes out from the amazing tidiness of A Touch of Glass?

I'll be there! With door prizes...
Old 2009-04-07, 9:07pm
Cheerfully Profane

Nudge on the door prizes, Chad. Mr. Book!
Old 2009-04-07, 9:10pm
Cheerfully Profane

LOL I was throwin' up the deuces, baby!

Note to self: Must wear more blush. And ixnay on the implepay. Oye.

It was SO much fun this year! Carol The Amazing was my roomie and I laughed so hard I peed through my draws.
Old 2009-04-08, 5:21am

I'll be there. Guess what I'll be bringing to munch on.

Glenda
Old 2009-04-08, 7:35am
Enabler

Bek! I was so tickled to see your smiling face in Terry's pictures! Can't wait til I get to see it again in person in a couple months.

Old 2009-04-09, 12:46pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah View Post
Chad, you'd better drag yo happy ass to Asheville! We missed having you around!

Yay Angie! Anyone wanna make bets as to when she passes out from the amazing tidiness of A Touch of Glass?

I'll be there! With door prizes...
We were actually planning a trip back down there, so we're coming the same weekend as the fall event. I'm on the waiting list, so I may not be there for the whole thing, but if it's okay I'll stop by for a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah View Post
Nudge on the door prizes, Chad. Mr. Book!
You got it. My second book will be done by then too. May have one more thing, but I'm keeping that on the down-low until I see how things work out...

Old 2009-04-09, 2:45pm
Looking for my waistline

I'll be there this year! Wheeeeee!!!!