Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-04-25, 7:55am

Default Are You Into Metallics? ONLINE WORKSHOP with ISGB's Lisa St. Martin MAY 3rd

This Webinar is accessible from anywhere in the world. Don't miss this great opportunity to improve your soft glass skills.

Are You Into Metals? Make Your Work Sparkle & Shine!
Metals Online Workshop/ Soft Glass

Brought to YOU by Glasscraft Inc. & Firelady Productions

Date: May 3rd - 6pm to 8pm MST
Price: $69
Instructor: Lisa St. Martin
Skill Level: All Skill Levels

Register for this Class

This Webinar will cover:
  • How to Get Great Color Effects with Striking & Reducing
  • A Discussion of Heavy Metal Soft Glass Colors including Double Helix & TAG
  • Using Copper, Silver and Gold Metal Leaf as Inclusions
  • Gold Fuming
  • How to Prevent Scumming when Working with 104 Dichro
  • Using Fine Silver Wire and How to Determine the right size for Granulation Beads
  • How to Apply Copper Sheets & Copper Mesh and Encase Them Properly
  • How to Keep the Copper Looking Copper instead of Turning Dark
  • Acid Etching

You'll see how to use striking & reduction to create organic, volcanic effects. She'll show you how easy it is to add a delicious cranberry finish to clear glass by fuming with gold. You'll learn how to apply dichroic without scumming, use silver wire to make granulation beads, add copper leaf and copper mesh with tricks to keep them shiny bright, as well as how to acid etch your work for a satin finish. This interactive online workshop will leave you inspired and heading out to your torch. TWO HOURS OF DELICIOUS DETAILS ON THE SHINY SIDE OF LIFE!

ABOUT THE TEACHER
As an internationally acclaimed teacher with thirty years experience in hot glass, Lisa St. Martin is best known for her unique use of dichroic glass, metal inclusions, and other metallic techniques.

------------------------
So here's the deal. Once upon a time, a very long time ago now, I had a brainstorm about how to share technical info online. I was at a trade show, on my way to eat breakfast, and called Charles (may he rest in peace) at Northstar Glass. We had a great discussion about how to best utilize technology to bring high quality information to glass artists via the internet.

That was about ten years ago now, and as technology has advanced, the idea has morphed into webinars like this.

What with the economy tanking and classes not filling because foks aren't traveling as much these days, I wanted a way to fill the gap. AND THIS IS IT.....

So now, for about the price of two good dinners (and a drink) you can sit in the comfort of your home and get personal classes from awesome instructors.

We share lots of video footage with you. The instructor, who appears on your monitor on the right hand side, with the video on the left, narrates the footage live....stopping here and there along the way to answer questions and focus on important points.

Where do the questions come from? From YOU!!!
There's a chat window, and you type in all of your questions, comments, and innermost thoughts on the subject. During, and after, each video segment, Lisa will answer your questions at length.

The whole thing is recorded, and you'll be given a link to watch it as often as you like for 30 days after it's over.

It's a great way to learn, up close and personal. We do hope you'll join us!!!

Questions? Post, PM, or email me at <b><a href="http://firelady@gate.net...te.net</a></b>.
Old 2012-04-30, 8:47am

Talking

Hi folks,

Come join in on the fun!

This will be a great way to see beads being made with all kinds of fun materials and for me to answer LIVE any of your questions.

We will cover subjects from the rather odd way I lay down glass to build a beads - how to make larger beads - casing -stringer work - metal inclusions - gold fuming - dichro - using exotic heavy metal glasses ( dark silver plum - how to get the pinks golds blues) DH & Tag - exotic shapes - matting the surface - and lots more

any questions - pm me or email Lisa@Workhouseglass.com

very fun,

Lisa