Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-10-17, 9:01am
Mr. Cellophane

Ohh sorry I didn't see this sooner Mary. Yep there is a couple of fusing classes, and a pate de vere class that's pretty cool too.
Does this mean you might reconsider????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-20, 12:03pm
Fusing Glass

I couldnt find them in the classes, can you sendme a link to them please? I still am not sure I need to get the $$$$
Old 2009-10-20, 6:13pm
Mr. Cellophane

Here you go Mary. Just follow the link and download the info packet and the class descriptions are on page 9.

http://www.thirddegreeglassfactory.c...3/Default.aspx

Libby

Old 2009-10-21, 8:04am
Fusing Glass

Bummer! I did those last time! I was hoping for the fusing weaving and advanced classes. but I will keep at eye out if I can get the cash together.

thank you LIbby!!!
Old 2009-10-22, 11:36am
Mr. Cellophane

Ok for those of you that STILL haven't turned in your class selections we are going to be calling you or you should be getting an email.
We have to have those class choices in!

Libby

Old 2009-10-23, 5:41am
Metallic Flame Studios

Lib, I emailed mine on the 6th, and again yesterday. Can u fb MSG me to let me know you got it?

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2009-11-13, 4:59pm
<--misses Austin buddies

HEY! Give a shout out! Who's coming?
and I will forewarn you - Andrea will KNOCK your SOCKS off!

Old 2009-11-15, 6:13pm
Torchaholic ;)

I Love Third Degree Glass Factory! This is where I have taken my two classes Im interested in this midwest glass experience, I need to look into it more just got an email about it.
Old 2009-11-15, 6:53pm
Pyromaniac

I'm there! WOOOOOOO!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-11-15, 8:39pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Hey Lana! You need a place to stay again this year? So far my house is guest free! that just doesn't seem right! LOL

Old 2009-11-16, 8:02am
Mr. Cellophane

Just to let people know we have extended the due date for full payment until Jan 15th.
We hope that in these tough economic this might help in being able to manage your payments.
There are still spots open in all classes including Andrea's, Ofilia's, Steve's, Kate's, Libby's, etc...
Let me know if you have any questions.
Remember there is a artist sale on Sat. Feb 13th were you will be able to purchase beads and products from these wonderful artists, and once again Third Degree will have the latest in glass rods available.

Libby

Old 2009-11-20, 1:39pm
<--misses Austin buddies

bump it up! bump it up!

Old 2009-11-20, 2:01pm
Meow.

Ummm - I've played with flat glass for the first time...I heart it.

Libby - if there's still room in those classes beyond the Jan 15th deadline I assume you'll let me still sign up? I do have to wait until the last minute with all of this gramma drama - but I would like to come if I can.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-11-21, 3:55pm
Mr. Cellophane

Oh Kim we would love to have you!
YES the deadline for full payment of classes is Jan 15th. We still have openings in all classes.
I will let the powers that be know to change the date on the website.
I have been so busy with these wine stoppers I can't see straight. Only 20 more to go.

Libby

Old 2009-11-22, 10:42pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgslampwork View Post
Ummm - I've played with flat glass for the first time...I heart it.
Hi Kim! I LOVE using my BE sheet glass at the torch! Here is a couple examples of hollow fish using a lot of sheet glass with the frit and dichro.

A detail of the body and tail

And another using copper green rod with my sheet glass

And detail of the fin

Using different shaped glass to the standard rod, is addicting. Kind of like when you use shards, you let the randomness take on the new piece and go with the flow. Way fun, in my honest opinion

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-11-22 at 10:44pm.
Old 2009-11-23, 4:53am
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Ofilia - you're AWESOME!

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2009-11-23, 2:59pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Ooooooooohhhhh... aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh..... pretty!

Old 2009-11-24, 8:09am

Wink

Thanks, guys!

I love working with improvisation! My techniques are not precision.... they are not tight, they are no right nor wrong ways! If you learn anything from me, it will be to go with the flow, and ENJOY melting your glass and creating something special to you. There are moments that dictate themselves, and others where you try to coax it to your pre-conceptions. There is a happy middle in there!

Old 2009-11-24, 10:10am
organically speaking

Ofilia, I thought I was the only one who liked to use sheet glass for bead making!

Old 2009-11-24, 11:19am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid Glass View Post
Ofilia, I thought I was the only one who liked to use sheet glass for bead making!
Hey, maybe it's our fishy tails that keep us on the same page, LOL.

Isn't sheet great?! First of all, it offers other shades of the same name that come in rod.... second, it's cheaper by weight, third, thin sheet is like shards for application, forth, the whispy glass is magical!......Need I go on?

Their pre-sized frit is still my favorite.........

Old 2009-11-24, 11:27am
Melt That Glass

Sure would love to come, but don't think I can this year. Maybe if Christmas is good to me. Ofilia, I love the fish. Sorry I will be missing this.

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2009-11-24, 11:47am
organically speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
Hey, maybe it's our fishy tails that keep us on the same page, LOL.

Isn't sheet great?! First of all, it offers other shades of the same name that come in rod.... second, it's cheaper by weight, third, thin sheet is like shards for application, forth, the whispy glass is magical!......Need I go on?

Their pre-sized frit is still my favorite.........
Exactly! I started using sheet glass because when I first started in lampwork, I was moving over from stained and fused glass. I had tons (literally!) of sheet glass and I thought, "Huh...I wonder if that would work?" And it did! I'm with you on the variety of colors and the whispy glass makes the most beautiful hollows ever!

Old 2009-11-27, 8:06am
Xstatic

I'm so Looking forward to the MGE!! Had a blast last year and made lots of new friends! This thread has me looking at my sheet glass collecting dust in the corner of the studio...hummm...you guy are great!
Gail

'A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner'
Old 2009-12-16, 4:45pm
Mr. Cellophane

Ok ton's of updates. Everyone should have a schedule for their classes, the website now shows that the date has been extended for full payment and sign ups until Jan 15th 2010, and a list of classes still left is also on the website the MGE page.
Let me know if anybody need help or has questions.

Libby

Old 2009-12-16, 5:10pm

Wink

Gettin' REAL EXCITED!! Today, I took a friend to Hoy's and man, mind you, I was "not going to buy "anything". But boy, did I get in trouble....... Yea, stay away from the "sale" area of Bullseye compatible sheet! SCORE!! Oh, man, death by color... and very depleated pocket book!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-12-16 at 5:15pm.
Old 2009-12-16, 7:18pm
Mr. Cellophane

Ofilia I saw Cindy today, she is thinking about signing up! I hope she does, it would be a blast!

Libby

Old 2009-12-16, 8:37pm
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
Gettin' REAL EXCITED!! Today, I took a friend to Hoy's and man, mind you, I was "not going to buy "anything". But boy, did I get in trouble....... Yea, stay away from the "sale" area of Bullseye compatible sheet! SCORE!! Oh, man, death by color... and very depleated pocket book!
It's a REAL good thing I don't live near Hoy! I just cannot resist all that gorgeous color.....

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2009-12-16, 8:46pm

Smile

I HOPE Cindy comes!! Althoug, I would be totally so nervous......... I mean to ME, she is the Queen Mother of "How To Make Glass Beads"! Without her, I don't know where we would be in our lampwork world right now!

Oh Peggy, let me tell you... the fun today at Hoy's was a total, "I came, I shopped, I CONQUERED" triumph!!! I could take pictures of a couple of the marbled sheets I got, but I know the photo would not do them justice. Having the experience of working with the glass in this form, I can see, in my mind's eye, the potential! I can't wait and only wished my studio was warm enough to melt it...... now I have ants in my pants, itching to torch.

Old 2009-12-16, 9:13pm
make beads not war

Ofilia, Cindy is so laid back, there's no need to feel nervous!

Can't wait to meet y'all!
Old 2009-12-29, 11:07pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

Default MGE!!

Just a few days more than 6 weeks away!!! YEAH!! I will be driving in from the Des Moines area on Thursday late afternoon... and be returning on Sunday night. I might be looking for someone (or ones) to share a room with so I can cut down on some of the costs and give me more money for glass and beads.
Smiles,
Wendy

" border="0" />