Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-02-22, 4:19pm
I'm meeeeelting

caliglassguy, first paragraph is for those submitting classes to teach. The second, I assume, is for those applying for spots to attend. Class selection is later - May or June, I think. Info is probably on the website.

Lyssa, It is fun! People stay in a variety of places - hotels, rental houses and a nearby hostel. Hopefully those who stay at hotels can give you some suggestions. There are several places to eat nearby. There's a brewery just around the corner with a small menu and sometimes a food cart on their patio. I think there's a store with a deli nearby and at least a couple of other little restaurants within a few blocks, plus other places within a pretty close drive. Some people who stay in lodging with fridges brown bag it, as well.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-02-22, 8:24pm
honorary bead lady

The closest Inns are about 6 blocks away,
There is a Hostel less than 2 blocks away with ear plugs for the train tracks at the desk (about a third of the price of the inn)
Some went together and rented a house for a week
I crashed on Nitadees floor
Old 2013-02-23, 9:57am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks SO much Felicia and David, you guys are awesome! I have been working like crazy for Vegas show and got my taxes ready for my accountant this week....yippee they're done!

John, yes, that deadline is for people who want to submit classes. You will be paying May 1st and selecting classes in order of payments received June 1st.
There will be a newsletter coming to everyone who entered March 1st that will explain things a bit more than web page does.

The Whittaker hostel is pretty close and pretty inexpensive. I booked the whole garden hostel for me and a lot of my staff but the Whittaker is still open last I checked. Eugene has good transportation but a lot of folks stay in the same place and ride share. We had an instructor handling ride/room, share last year....maybe she'll volunteer again this year

Thanks again to you two for answering questions....I very much appreciate your help!
Hugs, deb

Old 2013-03-07, 7:50pm
honorary bead lady

Just in case you don't know how much longer you have to wait...

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...tock+West+2013
Old 2013-03-12, 8:22am
Wooohooo,GS!

You're so cute David, can't wait to give you a big hug!
Remember, class submissions due by this Friday!
Woohooo...lots of new classes and some new teachers...it will be hard to choose!

Old 2013-03-13, 11:26pm
Dakine glass man

Class submissions are due. Here is what I'm thinking if teaching this year

1) opal pendants (covers the fundamentals of encasing gilson opals)
2) whale tale pendant/wine stopper (covers the folding technique)
3) reef scene wine stopper (covers making and using millefiori,filligrana, and lattacino to make a compression/implosion style reef scene)

I'll be doing two large demos as well, taking suggestions on what to do for those as the deadline for those are not looming.

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-03-13, 11:29pm
Dakine glass man

I'll be zapping photos and sending you the rest of the stuff for submission on tomorrow evening deb.

Can't wait! Always my favorite time of year.....it's like I live on an island and only get to see my glassy friends once a year

Old 2013-03-14, 9:47pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Woohoo John! Those sound great! It is my favorite time too...what could be better than all our great friends with a bounty of glass to melt!
Mahalo, deb

Old 2013-03-21, 2:41pm
honorary bead lady

Class list is up!

http://debcrowley.com/gpage4.html
Old 2013-03-21, 3:50pm
I'm meeeeelting

I want 'em all!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-03-21 at 3:59pm.
Old 2013-03-21, 3:54pm
Dakine glass man

Boom!

Old 2013-03-21, 4:39pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi guys! Yes, 4 new instructors, lots of new classes and 2-3 more coming when we get the glitches out, they will be "other" and demos...possibly some fiber classes and maybe clay! I apologize for no pics on my new fish class...been waiting on a new product to finish sample fish for the class.

Lisa is sooo excited to be coming West...her classes are always amazing! I wish again I could have taken more classes but there just isn't a way to add more per time slot and keep it personal. This is going to be another great year!

David, after Vegas I will get a hold of you for some specific tech tasks, also set up and tear down info to help Jamie now that our adorable Delores is teaching!!

Wahooo!!!!
deb

Old 2013-03-30, 10:44pm
Glassy Broad :-)

GAHHH!!!! Well at least I'm only "2nd page" late
HIIIIII EVERYONE!!!!
I SO can't wait for this year! Gonna have some kinda fun!!
Pony rides David? BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Good thing I have such a good camera, because those will be some blackmail-worthy pix for sure!
Cannot wait to see everyone again, I have missed everyone!
Caliguy, so happy to hear you are coming this year! Now I can just hand deliver your polar bears to you, as I'm what....a year or two late in sending them?
OY! I can't WAIT!!!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-04-01, 11:06am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, it is ok Nita...I can't wait either!
David better bring his pony....I think there'll be a line...

Ok, everyone, I am off for Vegas and 8 glorious days off, woohoo!
Keep an eye on this thread for questions and field what you can please!

Back in a few weeks!
xoxo deb

Old 2013-04-01, 6:27pm

Safe travels, good sales and have fun Deb!!!!!

Old 2013-04-02, 8:13am

Very excited about teaching a class this year, (Making a wine glass stem) that is going to be fun. The first time I went to GS two years ago I went with the intention of learning how to blow a perfect bowl and foot for wine glasses and oh my goodness I tried two classes but I just couldn't get there so I bought some from a local artist and just made the stems. It worked out so great I started making them and selling them out of my studio then I started teaching others through my studio here in Scotch Creek. And I tell you they are easy to make no experience needed. I have even walked a girlfriend of mine through the process and she had never sat behind a torch before.
So looking forward to hanging with all you guys again
Whoop whoop!! Goin to get my cowboy on. deb t

Old 2013-04-02, 12:44pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm most excited to see how you and Penny are going to beat your PJs from last year.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-04-03, 7:22pm
honorary bead lady

Cowboy themed? Hmmm they could start here???

Ok I am going to go sit in my corner now!

Hmmmmm? My link disappeared

Last edited by houptdavid; 2013-04-06 at 8:50am.
Old 2013-04-05, 8:38pm

Old 2013-04-05, 10:31pm

OKAY... Admittedly, I was a northern Calif gal who moved to Oregon, and wondered why we didn't move here years ago.... but, after lusting about going to this event for the last 4 years, I want to introduce myself and admit to being finally super excited to be part of it.
I am overwhelmed by the talent we will have available to us at this retreat!
How in the world can one pick from the class choices available?
I really look forward to meeting everyone and connecting with everyone

Old 2013-04-05, 10:32pm
I'm meeeeelting

Welcome to the family!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-04-06, 11:15am

Welcome Dawn!! I too live in Oregon Where are you at? I'm in Eugene. We should get together sometime! Looking forward to meeting you!

ETA derrrrrrrrr I see...Medford, nice place, but the further you go north...well....you'll see

Old 2013-04-06, 12:18pm
honorary bead lady

Yeah it's even better when you cross into the next state north
Old 2013-04-06, 6:24pm

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT David, you been sniffing that wood workers glue again?

Old 2013-04-07, 5:53pm

Thanks for the welcome!
The whole gang sounds like such a fun bunch

Old 2013-04-07, 5:59pm
I'm meeeeelting

LOL, Nita.

Dawn, it is. Fun and just slightly crazy.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-04-07, 8:16pm
honorary bead lady

SLIGHTLY?
Old 2013-04-07, 8:36pm
I'm meeeeelting

Shhhhh. We don't want to scare her away.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-04-10, 7:05pm

Not sceeered.... a little intimidated by all the talent, but not sceeeerd. Not yet anyway

Old 2013-04-20, 12:32am

Have you decided what you are going to do for your demo's yet everyone?
hehehehehe! YES, I'm still nervous about that part. I have NO clue what I'll be doing.
Hell, I can't even figure out if I want to do soft or boro....let alone WHAT I'll be making.
Hmmmm....wonder if Karen will hold my foot again?