Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-09-06, 10:07pm

Reenie, that is spooky. Besides, who's to say it's not some sicko that is getting past the firewall through Picasa? Hm...I'm not even sure how to set my firewall so Picasa can't connect at will.
I spent 5 years doing tech support for the Internet. I had to live and breath it just to keep up. But that was ages ago.
I just want to improve my glass skills. I really don't have the time or energy to be a computer wiz or a photographer for that matter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
Vena! your awesome! holy crap! this program is awesome!
just need to figure out how to make it ignore a couple sections of my harddrives and ill be golden!
Here is what Kathy told me to do for that: Here's what it says on their website, Angela:
"If Picasa finds folders you don't want, go into Tools > Folder Manager to tell it which folders to scan once, scan always or remove. To remove individual pictures from your library, simply select a photo and right-click to delete it permanently from your computer or hide it from Picasa." Hope that will help you clean it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-07, 10:35am

Angela,
What firewall program are you using. I know there is an area in Norton's Firewall that I can open and it shows all the programs that will connect to the internet each time. If you have Norton, I can send you instructions to take it out of that area. That way, it's not being monitored. (As far as we know)
Irene

Old 2007-09-16, 8:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Angela,
What firewall program are you using. I know there is an area in Norton's Firewall that I can open and it shows all the programs that will connect to the internet each time. If you have Norton, I can send you instructions to take it out of that area. That way, it's not being monitored. (As far as we know)
Irene
Hi Irene, Thank you for your kind offer. After I read your reply I used Spybot Search and Destroy and it showed which programs had access through the Firewall and Picasa was not listed, but IE was. So I disabled that. I'm waiting to see what effect that will have.

I use AVG for Virus checking. My firewall may be built into Windows XP??? Windows 98 was so easy and I used it right up until last October.
Someday maybe I'll learn all this stuff. For now I just do the bare minimum.

Reminds me of the saying: "Just when you know all the answers they change all the questions". Heh-Heh.

Angela