Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-02-24, 3:27pm

Default Coming in July, 2013 - BOC eBook with 20+ tutorials!

I am so excited to tell you all about my latest project for Beads of Courage. In collaboration with 20 or more talented artists, the Soda Lime Times will be producing an eBook in July (not sure when in July) with tutorials especially for BOC.

All of the proceeds (minus our PayPal fees) will go directly to Beads of Courage. So not only will lampworkers get 20 or more fun tutorials for beads kids will love, the money you spend on the eBook will go to fund Beads of Courage.

There are still some spaces available in the book, so if you have a tutorial idea, know of an artist you would like to see represented or have anything else to share, please let me know! If this goes well I may make it a yearly publication. Right now our target price is about $20.

Here is a sea turtle bead I'm working on. I haven't perfected it yet, but it's getting there.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And I'll be doing a tutorial for these masks that are based on some beads I learned to make in a Janice Peacock Class. She has kindly agreed to let me share some of her techniques for BOC.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the book. Can you tell how excited I am?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-02-24, 3:42pm
CatTickler Extraordinaire

That is really awesome! I am mainly a boro worker, but I had to get a subscription to your magazine, for $5 a month it is just the thing for a poor college student! Thank you for all the work that you do (and all your contributors) on the magazine, I can't wait for this ebook to come out!
Old 2013-02-24, 4:15pm

I'm so excited about this, brilliant project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-02-24, 4:17pm

And Jo, it was your robot beads that inspired the entire idea! Hope that karma comes back to you 1000 fold!

Old 2013-02-24, 4:27pm

Beads of Courage is such a worthwhile cause, just happy I can help
Here is a pic of one of my Beep Beep Robots that I will be writing a tutorial for

by
, on Flickr

Old 2013-02-24, 5:18pm

Fantastic! I can't wait!
Old 2013-03-15, 1:19pm

I love the dot turtles.. I bet you they are sturdier than a sculptural turtle. They are really awesome. I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.
Old 2013-03-15, 1:25pm

Thanks so much. I have a method for making the design look more realistic, but it requires silver on the surface, and that is a big no-no for BOC.

Old 2013-03-15, 3:31pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I am doing this elephant...
Attached Images

Old 2013-03-15, 3:46pm

And he is so stinkin' cute! What kid wouldn't go ga-ga over one of your elephants?

Old 2013-03-15, 3:48pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I tried taking pics by myself. I am obviously no capable.

I ended up photobombing my own pic...
Attached Images

Old 2013-03-15, 3:51pm

I wouldn't worry about that. I'll be cropping it so close no one will see...although you are very photogenic!

Old 2013-03-16, 3:46am

Wow! What a great idea!
I'll be sure to purchase a copy this summer!

Old 2013-03-16, 7:37am

Looking forward to the ebook! Thanks, Diane, for all you do for BOC and the lamp working community in general!

Old 2013-03-16, 9:32am
Lampworkaholic!

I have a couple of possible candidates for the book. I'll send you some photos.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-03-21, 12:58pm
Mr Brutus RIP

I am so thrilled to be asked by diane to be a part of this BOC book! Thank you Diane!!
I'm STILL working on pictures..... :< Not very easy but we will figure it out for the kids!!
I can wait to see what everyone contributes, SUCH FUN!!!

Old 2013-05-25, 5:38am

I can't wait for this book! Will Glowbead's flying saucer or rocket beads be in the book? I just hope my skills are up to the robot!

That's why I'm learning to make Beads of Courage
Old 2013-05-25, 11:58am
Echo's Mother

Yea! How fun
Old 2013-05-26, 7:52am

Oh what a great idea! I bet I've sent 40 robots already . Not to mention lips/teeth, and smiley faces.