Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2012-06-29, 4:32pm

Default Got Teeth???

I'd really like to make some big giant teethy smiley beads. Anyone have any teeth/mouth tutorials?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2012-06-29, 6:16pm

I would be interested in a tut for this also!
Old 2012-06-29, 8:27pm
Formerly FishBulb

I remember lripster used to have them in her Etsy shop, which I think was Cloud11. Let me search and see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-06-29, 8:28pm
Formerly FishBulb

Found it!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/35122032...essel-lampwork

Old 2012-06-29, 9:01pm
Smile, it's contagious!

I'm sure one of loco's tuts probably feature some teeth.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
I'm sure one of loco's tuts probably feature some teeth.
I'll check her's out. Loco, Bonnie, Diane style is what I'm looking for

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2012-07-01, 8:03pm
Making doo-lollies

Like these ???

I saw some beads like these and figured out how to make them on my own. I cannot remember whose they were so if anyone knows lmk please ?
They are not hard..well I don't think they are anyways. PM me and I can 'splain it to you if you want

Last edited by goatmom; 2012-07-01 at 8:07pm.
Old 2012-07-01, 10:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmom View Post
Like these ???

I saw some beads like these and figured out how to make them on my own. I cannot remember whose they were so if anyone knows lmk please ?
They are not hard..well I don't think they are anyways. PM me and I can 'splain it to you if you want
yes, those will work. I will pm Thank you.

Old 2012-07-02, 9:47am
Making doo-lollies

Default teeth

Most welcome.
Took me about 3 tries to get it down pat but it wasn't what I call hard.
I am a newbie ( 1 yr of torching almost daily ) but had no major issues with these, other than trying to make 'em when I was tired.. now that was not a good idea

Was thinking it might be a nice freebie tute ( for the teeth / mouth only ? ) but am worried it might infringe on someone's paid for tute? I don't know of one for sale.. but as i am still somewhat new I am not going to do one unless I know for sure there is not one already available.

So for now.. PM me and I will 'splain it to ya !

Old 2012-07-04, 7:11pm
Making doo-lollies

I hope I replied to everyone that PM'd for the how to on the teeth beads.

If not.. LMK. I am going to try to do a Tute this weekend with pics ( providing the heat is bearable ) and will post itin the freebie tutes section.

Also.. would love to see pics of your teethy beads if you make them !
Happy 4th everyone in USA !

Old 2012-07-05, 3:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmom View Post
I hope I replied to everyone that PM'd for the how to on the teeth beads.

If not.. LMK. I am going to try to do a Tute this weekend with pics ( providing the heat is bearable ) and will post itin the freebie tutes section.

Also.. would love to see pics of your teethy beads if you make them !
Happy 4th everyone in USA !
OHHH This is wonderful I just sent you a PM encouraging you to do just that. I love it and it would be awesome with pics. Thanks again so much.
Old 2012-07-05, 1:46pm

I would love a tut also!!

Last edited by BeardedLady; 2012-07-05 at 1:47pm. Reason: Opps tried to quote but didnt work.
Old 2012-07-05, 2:43pm

Awesome!! I would love a tut too!
Old 2012-07-05, 3:17pm
Making doo-lollies

Gonna do the tute with pics this weekend. Have to get the kid to help out with the picture part !

The tute will be for the TEETH part.. ok ? Which will be on something else like an animal or alien or something. Oh and it will be FREE.

I found out who make the original beads that I loved and figured out how to do on my own - Patty Lakinsmith. Fantastic lampworker !

Will post here once it is ready and uploaded.
Thanks guys... you all have made me feel so good and I am excited to be giving something here. I have learned so much from this forum.

Old 2012-07-06, 11:41am
Lampwork junkie

I was just thinking to myself the other day while I was torching that I needed a tut on how to do those cute toothy grins... I am thinking my dragons could use a smile...
Old 2012-07-06, 3:54pm

Hey Sharon, they look like Patty Lakinsmith's to me, she makes beads called "meanies" I think. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2012-07-06, 4:14pm
Making doo-lollies

Hey Jeri ! ,
Yuppers... we found out who it was a couple days ago. I am going to put the teeth onto something else for the tute. Love her work and am in no way wanting to take anything away from her.

I just figured this out on my own by looking at the pics now that I know more about glass.

Thinking of something that would be good for BOC since I am making the tute for everyone to use. Would be a good purpose!

btw.. I LOVED learning from you last year Hot Times !! I really learned a lot from everyone since I was such a newbie. thanks for being a great teacher

Old 2012-07-06, 4:20pm

Thanks Sharon, I love Hot Times, how about teeth in a huge red lipped mouth pendant? Something smiling and cheery for the kids. Jeri

Old 2012-07-06, 4:36pm
Making doo-lollies

Sounds fun.. will see if I can do it lol.

Old 2012-07-06, 6:41pm
tanglebeads

Awesome - so quirky!

Cheers Tania - tanglebeads

Old 2012-07-08, 6:14am
Heart of Flame

These would be great for BOC! What is the outcome of a tut? I don't want to bother Sharon again with a pm....

Thanks!

Old 2012-07-08, 10:22am
Making doo-lollies

Ok.. so here is what the tutorial is going to be on :

They are flat backed beads but rounded in front. It was easier for me to make the teeth on a rounded bead as opposed to a flat one. ( trust me. .the flat ones were scarey looking

I like the flat back so they sit well - helps keep it from flopping around when worn, since they are front heavy.

Do ya'll think these are ok for the tute?? Going to be torching later today when it cools off a bit more ( I work in my garage - no A/C ) and making pics as I go along.

This is NOT going to be a polished pretty PDF folks ! Just warning ya. Pictures and written directions + tips and thoughts on the process.

Should get it done and uploaded within a day or two. Won't take longer than that.

Old 2012-07-08, 10:48am

ADORABLE and so great for BOC! jeri

Old 2012-07-08, 11:09am
Making doo-lollies

Thanks Jeri !!

Old 2012-07-08, 11:14am

Oooohhhh chompers.
Old 2012-07-08, 1:21pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Oooooh, would love to try this!!!
Thanks Sharon, can't wait!
Sue

Old 2012-07-08, 2:59pm
Formerly FishBulb

I love those!!

Old 2012-07-08, 5:00pm
Lover of all things color

Those are so funny looking, I love them. Can't wait to see the tut, thanks.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2012-07-08, 6:03pm

Love them!! and thank you for doing this for us tooth challenged peeps!!

Old 2012-07-08, 6:50pm

Perfect!