Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-11-24, 3:04pm

Yes yes yes. As far as the content, I agree about raku and silver glasses. But I would buy any tutorial you make and looking forward to it.
Old 2009-11-26, 4:22pm

Silvered glasses, color combinations, shaping, etc.
Old 2009-11-28, 10:06am

Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread -- hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I really appreciate all the ideas you've posted. I'm working on the first tutorial and hope to have it finished within a few weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again for the encouragement, I'm very grateful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-12-11, 10:23am

My number 1 choice would be the imposion pendants - they are amazing. After that, I like Bella Luna series, Ether No 3 and lastly the Misterioso - cubes
Old 2009-12-12, 1:55am
Cat Winx

After looking through your gallery I have to add a resounding HELL YEAH!!! to an entire book, Kim! Quite seriously... I'd keep it at my bench!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-12-13, 10:46am
Lover of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB23 View Post
After looking through your gallery I have to add a resounding HELL YEAH!!! to an entire book, Kim! Quite seriously... I'd keep it at my bench!
Ditto! Your work is scrumptious, and I'd love to learn any and all of your techniques!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2009-12-18, 5:36am

I've been busy, and I just found this thread. I will be waiting on pins and needles for this tutorial. I so love your work.

Teresa
Old 2009-12-23, 7:34am
Formerly FishBulb

After paging through your Gallery I must also chime in with a HELL YES to an entire book. How to do Raku, silver glasses, COLOUR COMBINATIONS especially!! Your stuff is brilliant!!

Then can you offer some sort of mental exercise to keep one focused on making large sets? I think the most of one style I've ever made at one time is 15 beads, and each one took less than 5 minutes.

ETA: I noticed quite a lot of vivid pink. Can you include that in the tut/book, how to get such gorgeous pinks?

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.

Last edited by Mitosis Glass; 2009-12-23 at 7:36am.
Old 2009-12-28, 5:14pm

I have enjoyed seeing your beads on ebay. I just now found this thread, but I want to add my comments. Oh, yes! Please do the tutorial. But don't stop at one! Many tutorials would be wonderful, and I"ll buy them all! Pam
Old 2009-12-28, 5:48pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

WooHoooo! I found this thread late - so I won't have to wait as long!!!! Anything you write about, I will buy!!!! A book would be intense! Yea!!!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-01-01, 9:58pm

Kim,
I went to your site and OMG girl you do wonderful work, how could someone choose which they would want to see a tut of, I say all of them, If only I could do something like that, to bad I am too old to be adopted.

I also saw the page about your beautiful little dog Winston, I hate that this happened and I will keep you in my thoughts. I will try to show your page to some of my friends that make jewelry.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2010-01-01, 11:18pm
*Desa Elliott*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBulb View Post
After paging through your Gallery I must also chime in with a HELL YES to an entire book. How to do Raku, silver glasses, COLOUR COMBINATIONS especially!! Your stuff is brilliant!!

Then can you offer some sort of mental exercise to keep one focused on making large sets? I think the most of one style I've ever made at one time is 15 beads, and each one took less than 5 minutes.

ETA: I noticed quite a lot of vivid pink. Can you include that in the tut/book, how to get such gorgeous pinks?
YES!!!!! All of it! Just empty your brain on the keyboard. I can't help it, I am greedy.

D.

G-88
Creideamh, Sųil, Dėlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2010-01-03, 4:57pm

We're waaaaaaiting!!!! LOL!!!!!

Old 2010-01-03, 7:56pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

I think that Kim has other things on her mind at the moment. For those that may have missed it:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=149474

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-03, 8:16pm

Oh yes please! Sway, Super nova, Siren to name a few..
Old 2010-01-03, 8:24pm

OH, I'm so sorry about Winston! Tears came to my eyes when I read your letter. I have 5 yorkies and would be heartbroken if I lost any of them. I'm soooo sooo sorry Kim, Yorkies are so special little dogs...
Old 2010-01-31, 1:17pm

This may go without saying - I'd love to read some of your insight. For example, how many beads do you have to make in a press before you consistently use the right amount of glass; How many 'extra' beads do you have to make before you get a perfect set? Are there any universal bead-press-success tips? How much work does it take to make it look so effortless? Does it ever become more effortless?

I understand those 'secrets' are part of the mystique, but while many of use have used bead presses or silver glass, next to none of use use them so much and so successfully. So, for me, that's the really unique product only you can produce.

Old 2010-02-11, 12:13am

I think all of your work is simply gorgeous! What I have noticed most is your amazing ability to know what colors work well together along with designs and what doesn't. Your sets are just amazing and you always know what colors look great together. You are also not afraid to put different shapes together and that is a real talent that many of us lack. I am not sure if you can teach that but I would sure appreciate it if you could. You photography is also amazing. You can work silver glass very well and make it sing and again you know what background colors work well with the silver glass and what looks great together. It is like me trying to decorate my house and I never get it right because I just don't have what it takes to know what looks right where and what colors look well together but an interior decorator could take the very same things and make them look fabulous. You have many skills at the torch. I think you could probably write about almost anything. Good luck with it!!!