LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-10-11, 6:41pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Default Is anyone interested in learning how to make my Aquarium beads?

I just wanted to see if there was any interest in me going forth in writing a tutorial on how to do my Aquarium beads. The cost of the beads are expensive initially ($70) for one of the materials used, but once it has been purchased it will last a long time and can be used in other projects. Here's a picture of the beads:

Patsy
Attached Images

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-10-23 at 12:03am.
Old 2010-10-11, 7:37pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

They are beautiful...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-12, 6:41am
Jacqueline Parkes

Absolutely!

Old 2010-10-12, 8:51pm

Me too, me too!!! I really love those beads.

Old 2010-10-19, 3:18pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Yes!!!!

How did I miss this thread? Absolutely Patsy! I love these beads. All of them.

J.

Old 2010-10-19, 3:55pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Count me in - these beads are gorgeous!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-10-22, 9:50pm

I'll pay you just to send me an email and tell me. Skip the tutorial and make the same amount of money LOL!

Seriously! I love them!

Oh and if you are going to write a tutorial, personally I would call them something different but their not my beads. Aquarium make me think of Moths beads, too similar in name. So I would call them shipwreck beads or something similar. Just my one cent offered LOL!

Old 2010-10-22, 11:29pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Yes please!
Old 2010-10-23, 12:38pm
Bead Geek!

Yes! I love their look-count me in!
Lori

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

-my blog (Don't be scared-go visit!)
Old 2010-10-23, 1:36pm

Beautiful beads!

To be honest ... wasn't going to open this thread 'cause I thought it was the same as the "Aquarium bead video" I bought by another artist years ago.

Old 2010-10-23, 1:43pm

Most Definitiely!!!!
Old 2010-10-23, 8:11pm

Put me on the list too...they are gorgeous beads
Old 2010-10-23, 10:04pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Shari:

Well as for the name, I have a friend who has a salt water aquarium and he has beautifully colored coral in it. These beads remind me of the piece of coral reef that is in his tank. Sherry Bellamy has a tutorial called Shipwreck Tutorial, so I don't want to call them the same name. Thought of Reef something or other, but that name is taken too.

Patsy

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-10-23 at 10:15pm.
Old 2010-10-24, 8:03am
If the Wooden Shoes Fit??

Patsy..
Those are some beautiful beads.. Count me in for the tutorial.. I think they are like looking into tiny "Tide Pools", all the colors of the ocean... Might be a good name for them????

Big Hugs, We all need them...
Old 2010-10-24, 9:25am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightforge View Post
Patsy..
Those are some beautiful beads.. Count me in for the tutorial.. I think they are like looking into tiny "Tide Pools", all the colors of the ocean... Might be a good name for them????
That is a good name. Thank you.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-10-24, 10:40am

Woo hoo! I'm so excited that more people have chimed in!!!

Old 2010-10-24, 10:52am

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Shari:

Well as for the name, I have a friend who has a salt water aquarium and he has beautifully colored coral in it. These beads remind me of the piece of coral reef that is in his tank. Sherry Bellamy has a tutorial called Shipwreck Tutorial, so I don't want to call them the same name. Thought of Reef something or other, but that name is taken too.

Patsy
Duh! You're right, I knew there was a reason it sounded familiar. Your explanation of it sounds great and also I realized that Moth's tutorial was not named anything aquarium it's Jelly Fish or something. (Sorry Moth I have a terrible memory.)

Coral something (Salt water coral?) would be a good name too.

Old 2010-10-24, 10:55am

Patsy - Would it be possible for you to offer the "special" expensive item too?
Maybe even sell it by the half order? Just a thought.

Old 2010-10-24, 12:48pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Hi Lisa:

I was thinking about offering little baggies for the purchaser to make a small set of beads. These would be the really small baggies though 1" x 1" with my special mix. Maybe a extra size up from that too. A little goes a long way. Also was thinking that maybe this didn't require a tutorial and would just sell the mix with instructions on how to use it.

Patsy

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-10-27 at 12:18pm.
Old 2010-10-24, 2:19pm

I am interested too.

Old 2010-10-24, 2:31pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Meeeeee tooooo!

I like the name "tide pool" as well

Old 2010-10-24, 4:31pm

Patsy - That sounds like an excellent idea. If I purchased a pdf version, I would still have to separately order the special ingredient by regular mail. Your idea makes sense to me as a buyer because it would be just one transaction instead of two. I really like the idea of you selling larger bags of the special ingredient at the same time.
Lisa

Old 2010-10-24, 4:36pm
If the Wooden Shoes Fit??

Patsy.. I think that is a great idea.. But I like the idea of a tutorial as well... You know for those of us newbees who do better seeing how things are done..
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Hi Lisa:

I was thinking about offering little baggies for the purchaser to make a small set of beads. These would be the really small baggies though 1" x 1" with my special mix. Maybe a extra size up from that too. Also was thinking that maybe this didn't require a tutorial and would just sell the mix with instructions on how to use it.

Patsy

Big Hugs, We all need them...
Old 2010-10-24, 4:38pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Patsy - That sounds like an excellent idea. If I purchased a pdf version, I would still have to separately order the special ingredient by regular mail. Your idea makes sense to me as a buyer because it would be just one transaction instead of two. I really like the idea of you selling larger bags of the special ingredient at the same time.
Lisa
Yes! ^^^ This

Old 2010-10-24, 6:21pm
Detail G-Mama!

Gorgeous!!! what about "Ocean Depths"? I like the idea of selling the magic goodies with instructions on how to use it. For the newbies, a tutorial would be good also!

Old 2010-10-24, 11:41pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I've decided to go ahead with this tutorial. I will rename it "Tide Pools". Thanks Houjke for the cool name. Instead of creating in pdf format for instant download, I will print and mail the tutorials with the special ingredient included to the purchaser. It would serve no purpose for instant download if you didn't have what you need to do the beads to begin with. I will also make sure to have the ingredient for sale in my Etsy store. So far I have photographed and documented each stage of striking multicolor dark and fire lotus to use with this technique to get the maximum color out of these beautiful glasses. I will make sure to let everyone know who responds to this thread when it is complete.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-10-24, 11:46pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
Gorgeous!!! what about "Ocean Depths"? I like the idea of selling the magic goodies with instructions on how to use it. For the newbies, a tutorial would be good also!
Another great name!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-10-26, 8:28pm

I'm totally interested in this tutorial when you've completed it! Please include me on your email list!

Thanks so much!

~Triscia
Old 2010-10-26, 8:48pm

Absolutely beautiful beads! Count me in please!
Old 2010-10-27, 2:52am

Meeeee toooo.....