LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-10-17, 1:48pm

Question how many hours is too many on oxycon?

I am looking at these on ebay and wondering how the "mileage" on these will affect them. What is considered too much when they are reconditioned?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Devilbiss-Oxygen...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 2006-10-17, 2:11pm
In search of her path....

I find it odd that even after reconditioning its only putting out 91-94% oxy maybe thats not odd but I thought they put out more than that.....maybe im just not reading the auction listing correctly though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2006-10-17, 4:31pm

Really? No, I think you are reading it correctly. Anyone else have a reconditioned unit?
Old 2006-10-17, 5:28pm
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
Really? No, I think you are reading it correctly. Anyone else have a reconditioned unit?
What does reconditioned mean?

I have one that was 'reconditioned' and it meant only the filters had been changed. On another one, the entire top head on the compressor had been replaced. The first failed rather quickly. The later is still singing along.

The instant you press the 'Buy It Now' key, three questions will immediately run through your mind. (Been there... done that). One, If it arrives broken... what next? Two, If I have trouible gettng it to work... who will help me? Three, Why did they sell it to me so cheap?

Here's another interesting thread...
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36246

and another...
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36082

I'd look at the oxycon seller's that specialize in sales to lampworkers... the ones that post and advertise on the various lampwork forums. Some of them sell on Ebay, too. I know from first hand experience that 'recondtioned' really means something special to those sellers.

Me

p.s. Suggestion... do a LE search on 'oxygen concentrator" and 'oxycon'... a lot of folks have been where you are now.

Last edited by bhhco; 2006-10-18 at 10:00am.
Old 2006-10-17, 10:46pm
Formerly known as LT

I have 2 that I purchased on ebay. Both said great condition but both had to be reconditioned when they got to me. The first one had bad beds because of how the unit had been used and the others beds where bad because of moisture. The second unit only had 300 or so hours on it. Depressing sence I had to spend and extra 300 to get them in order but I think they will work for many years now without problems. Neither person knew anything about what they were selling even though they insisted they knew it all. Fred a OSGI was very helpful in getting them running again.
Old 2006-10-18, 12:16am

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhobbiesforusQQhtZ-1

Hobbiesforus on ebay is awesome! My concentrator had less than 500 hours on it and I got a great deal!! plus it came with a 1yr warranty. And he does stand by them. Mine was damaged in shipping and he had a new one out to me within days!!
I cant recommend him enough!

Old 2006-10-18, 7:14am

I also like Hobbies for Us! Besides ebay, you can buy directly from their web site or by phone: http://www.hobbiesforus.com
Very friendly, good service and a 1 yr warranty.
Old 2006-10-18, 8:25am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

wow - his prices are great. Wish I had seen this a few months ago
Old 2006-10-18, 8:35am

Hi,
I have 2 that are reconditioned. They both work great.
I got 1 on ebay and the other from suncoast beads when she sold them.
Both mine have 26000 + hours.
They will do well if you clean the outside filters

Old 2006-10-26, 9:34pm
Plays With Fire

Default Hours on Oxygen Concentrators

Just a word of caution to all of you about the "hour" meters on the concentrators.

They are NOT like speedometers that show tampering. Actually, they are and usually have been reset by nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, etc. My medical equipment guy got a good laugh at how "gullible" I was (the exact word he used) and then educated me about how unreliable the hour meters were in determining the past usage. You can guestimate by trying to find out when the concentrator was assembled and multiply the number of days since that time by 24 (since they are designed to run 24/7 for medical purposes). A lot of the models are only manufactured for a certain period of time and then discontinued so you can come fairly close most of the time.

Also, it helps to have a friend that works for a medical equipment provider! LOL!!!

Marilynn Brandriff
Old 2006-10-27, 1:17am

wow that is incredibly interesting! you definetly arent the only gullible one LOL

Old 2006-10-27, 8:16am
Crazy Snake Lady

I also used hobbies for us on ebay and got a great deal. They completely refurbish the units including changing the sieves which is the expensive part to replace when they wear out.
Old 2006-10-27, 7:34pm

I got mine from oxygen plus (well it's ordered ) They have that great deal going on now for $370....but this is what he told me about the life of these machines.....They can last up to 6 years or so and that's in a medical enviroment. The patients use them 8-10 hours a day so that's quite a long time for that kind of usage. And the warranty that is coming with my machine...I have not seen anyone beat it yet.....
But I think Larry and Jason were just great to talk to, know their stuff and answered all my questions and even one's that I would have never known to ask.
Irene