LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-07-30, 12:27am
Mad about Glass

Can't wait for this. I have a small boro stash and would love a tut to inspire me.

Jenn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-30, 5:32am
Lover of all things color

As the proud owner of "Kilroy", I would absolutely love to know how to do those wonderful eyes. And those disturbingly large mouth pieces.....LOL Bring it on Pipyr, I can't wait.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-07-30, 6:41am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
As the proud owner of "Kilroy", I would absolutely love to know how to do those wonderful eyes. And those disturbingly large mouth pieces.....LOL Bring it on Pipyr, I can't wait.
I've had a few people asking me to do an eye tut now...if all goes well with this one, I think I might do that next. Show how I make the cane and then apply it.

I don't want to wait until Friday to do pictures!! I'm dying to geth this finished up!!

Old 2008-07-30, 11:48am
Pyromaniac

Are the creatures done with tubing?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-07-30, 12:21pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
Are the creatures done with tubing?
I have done the creatures with tubing in the past, but I've also made solid ones. You really can't tell the difference. The tubing creatures only had a tiny cavity inside them, so there isn't even a difference in weight. I decided that I like the solid creatures better for 2 reasons...

1. I prefer working with solid rod
2. I prefer the way the color looks

They are also a lot easier to get the hang of, so there ya have it

I keep adding to this darn tutorial. I have been going through it over and over to see if I can take anything out to streamline it, and all I end up doing is adding more stuff

I want this tut to be very clear because I know there will be a lot of people buying it who have never tried boro before (at least I hope!) and I want to make the transition as easy as possible. I did keep the layout very simple and the text is all grayscale, so it will hopefully be easy to print out, but there will be lots and lots of color pictures. I think I'm having a little too much fun.

Old 2008-07-30, 12:40pm

Um, I think you need to charge more.

And...I DO have the owl....

(too bad I did what you asked & sent the bicone to Nikki for BOC...& she was good & actually sent it along to BOC...she wanted to keep it TOO!!! )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-07-30, 12:43pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
I just realized that I think you might be confusing me with the fabulous Lisa Rippee I DO make pieces with detailed eyes, but I think she might have been the one who created "Kilroy" and she does those wonderful "un"-vessels with the big mouths. They are so cool, aren't they??!

Old 2008-07-30, 12:46pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Um, I think you need to charge more.

And...I DO have the owl....

(too bad I did what you asked & sent the bicone to Nikki for BOC...& she was good & actually sent it along to BOC...she wanted to keep it TOO!!! )
I might need to charge $20 for this one, but I refuse to go any higher. I want it to be totally affordable for anyone who wants it. It is going to be good, though...it will even have pictures of canes with several color combinations so people can see what they look like for a jumping-off point

What owl? I have no idea what you're talking about

Old 2008-07-30, 1:12pm
I know, I can't spell

I think that you have every right to charge 20 for it, and I am sure that lots of people will still purchase it. Thanks for doing this

Soon new stuff
Old 2008-07-30, 1:19pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
Which little trees are you talking about? I'll definitely take requests for other tutorials

The little trees I bought from your Etsy shop. Maybe you don't remember them but I just love the little guys. They don't have any leaves just bare branches.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-07-30, 2:24pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
The little trees I bought from your Etsy shop. Maybe you don't remember them but I just love the little guys. They don't have any leaves just bare branches.
I'm sure I can whip up a little tutorial on trees and squiggles and little things like that Those would be a lot of fun for people who only have access to a torch on one concentrator because they are just fine for that set-up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 2008-07-30, 2:34pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

COOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! Pipyr, I can't wait to get my hands on a small scale boro tutorial from ya...I only work on a minor with one oxycon 5lpm.

Last edited by rifie; 2008-07-30 at 2:35pm. Reason: spelling :)
Old 2008-07-30, 2:43pm

Quote:
I want this tut to be very clear because I know there will be a lot of people buying it who have never tried boro before (at least I hope!) and I want to make the transition as easy as possible. I did keep the layout very simple and the text is all grayscale, so it will hopefully be easy to print out, but there will be lots and lots of color pictures. I think I'm having a little too much fun.
Now I have to get some Boro ... and a connector for my 2 concentrators ... finally have a reason to use them both together !! Guess what is on my Frantz bash list now !! BORO Look forward to your Tut !!
~~

Old 2008-07-30, 8:41pm
Dances With Fire

hehe....I was going to say that if you did the piece on a minor...we'd have to wait f-o-r-e-v-e-r for a tut..hehe

crystal

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2008-07-30, 8:54pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
I just realized that I think you might be confusing me with the fabulous Lisa Rippee I DO make pieces with detailed eyes, but I think she might have been the one who created "Kilroy" and she does those wonderful "un"-vessels with the big mouths. They are so cool, aren't they??!
OMG! I feel totally honored to be confused with you Pipyr!!! That just made my otherwise crappy night much better!!! Thanks so much, Simvet!!

Old 2008-08-01, 3:54pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

How's it coming, Pipyr.

Did I kill your thread?

Old 2008-08-01, 4:05pm

Lisa I don't think you killed her thread, we are just waiting in the wings for her to post it's ready so that we can POUNCE!!
Old 2008-08-01, 4:22pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thanks, Donna.

Hey, do you think if we tell her we're on strike from the torch until we get her tut, it will happen any faster?

(Just teasin' ya, Pipyr!)

Old 2008-08-01, 4:57pm

I don't know, maybe if we threaten to come and steal her torch till she gets it done it might be a little more effective!!

Either that or maybe if we pout a little

Ok a lot she might take some pity on us!!
Old 2008-08-01, 11:50pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

lol I keep coming back her to see if it's done

Old 2008-08-02, 2:41am
Serenity Now!

Nice to know I'm not alone...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-08-02, 7:52am
Boro Brat

LOL you guys! Rhonda and I did get the torching pictures done last night. I am about to sit and edit them and pick which ones I want (we took hundreds!) and then I have a couple of non-torch pics to take and then I'll be done! I'm hoping to be done by tonight

Old 2008-08-02, 7:56am
Borovangelist

Do we have a foot tapping smiley around here?.....

|
|
Old 2008-08-02, 8:41am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

wootwoot, can't wait!

Old 2008-08-02, 10:32am
Dangerous Woman

I guess I can stop obsessively checking here till later tonight then.

Old 2008-08-02, 1:06pm
Boro Brat

I got all the torching pics edited and I'm about to go take some non-torch pics and then edit those and then put it all together!! Yep, it will be later tonight I think...unless there is some kind of time warp in my favor

I think it's coming out really well, btw. A good chunk of the pictures came out splendid and the pictures that are actually in the flame definitely illustrate the point, even if they aren't as pretty as the others. I can't wait to get it all done!

Back to work for me!!

Old 2008-08-02, 1:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
I guess I can stop obsessively checking here till later tonight then.
heehehee ... late afternoon for us way out in the West Coast !!! Doh
~~

Old 2008-08-02, 5:03pm
Boro Brat

Still working! I just finished putting all the pictures in from yesterday...I haven't taken a break all day long! Phew! Now I have a few more pictures to take and just a little more info about colors to add in. I think it will probably be a few hours before it is ready to roll, but I think it's looking really nice! It's 39 pages right now...much longer than I had anticipated, but I don't want to skimp on stuff so I'm leaving it all in there I'll post when it's done!!

Old 2008-08-02, 6:55pm
Dangerous Woman

Sounds great Pipyr!

Old 2008-08-02, 7:45pm
My opinion not needed