Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-07-22, 12:13pm

Question Shard making tut, Please!!!

If there is someone out there to do a tut on making shards, I would love it!!
Have made attempts with a hollow mandrel, but I am doing something really wrong!!
Thanks for all the great tutorials listed, I have learned more from people on this site than in books or in any class I could take!!
Roy
Old 2006-07-22, 12:52pm
Floral Obsessed

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ighlight=shard

Jennifer Geldard posted one with patterns somewhere, but I can't find it. Maybe it's on WC? It's good too. Enjoy! -H.

ps - classes with good teachers are very worthwhile, though - you learn so much by watching the movements!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons
Old 2006-07-22, 1:49pm

is this what you are looking for?
http://www.glassgirl.com/shards.html

Jacky
Old 2006-07-23, 2:36pm
Floral Obsessed

Yep, thanks for finding it, Jacky!!! That's a great tutorial. Alex's is awesome too. Makin' shards is SO fun! -H.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons
Old 2006-07-24, 4:52am
Pyromaniac

Now... how about a shard USING tutorial?
Old 2006-07-24, 6:07am

Thanks, guys, that is exactly what I was looking for!! And I love the idea of a shard using tut!!
I'm off to try my hand at this!!
Heather, I'm sure you are right about the class, but haven't had a chance to research one around here for that!!
Old 2006-07-31, 3:53am

you're welcome Heather I had it in my favorites because I like it so much! I would like a shard using tut too!! when I saw the tut on making shards I was wondering what they did with the shards realy would like to see some stuff made with them!

Jacky
Old 2006-07-31, 5:43am
ManBearPig

There are many ways to use shards. Personally, I heat my piece up and touch it to the shards and then melt them in (think of the shards as very large pieces of frit). Sometimes I melt them flat, other times I leave them raised slightly.