Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Closed Thread

Old 2017-07-21, 10:52am

I do buy tutorials - can someone please PM the name -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2017-07-21, 10:50pm

This is a public forum, anyone can read this and all members can post here.

The "good intention" of not wanting to "out" anyone has turned this into a whispering kangeroo court, with those in the know, those accused (with or without realising) and those not part of the in-crowd. This is school play-ground stuff and a precursor to bullying and trolling, toxic. The real outcome, intended or not, is ostracization. Not only is there no room for the accused to voice anything, others may become false suspects by all as collateral injuries. Is this what we want for this board? And if anyone suspected says anything in defence or protests for innocence, then he or she would only reinforce the accusation - "Did I ever said you were the culprit? I never mentioned any name here". This is just vile behaviour.

Just based on the dragonfly tutorials mention explicitly in this thread, there are two authors of paid tutorials:

Ravenesque and Gemsinbloom.

The dates of these tutorials (as suggested by posters in this thread) point to Ravenesque being the first and Gemsinbloom being the second. So it appears between the whispers that Gemsinbloom is the accused and judged as guilty by those in the know here.

The decent thing for OP to do is to at least name who she is accusing lest hurting other innocent people. The alternative is to not post anything in public and resolve the problem in private. The same applies to those in the know and hinting and whispering here. There is no decency in the way this thread is conducted. I will be blunt, this is cowardly, seeds hate and intolerance. Name who you are accusing if you have to do it publicly, try to engage her publicly. What kind of good intention is there to accuse publicly and only to hide behind pms to name the accused?? It has to be either all out in the open or all in private. What we have here is an attempt at medieval justice.

Let's face it, this thread never was about plagiarism which is unprofessional and just bad. The title itself and the first post pretty much said it all.

Besides, just read the previous post. Whom can we buy from? Surely, this "good intention" harms the "good" authors of tutorials just as much.
Old 2017-07-22, 12:39am

pswrd.......you invest lots of words and time for your blame shifting.
Reminds me of an interrogation room where the accused babbles his way out of guilt.

Elke
Old 2017-07-22, 3:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locococo View Post
pswrd.......you invest lots of words and time for your blame shifting.

Elke
Yes, mob justice especially in the shadows is troubling and it is just as dangerous in a faceless discussion forum. Lives have been ruined down this path.

There are two separate issues here: one is plagiarism, and the other is the manner in which this thread is dealing with it through whispering accusations. By blame shifting, are you suggesting that whispering accusations could ever justify plagiarism??? Like victims of crime invite the crime??

I joined to learn about glass and would have liked to buy tutorials. As others had pointed out, just looking at what is on offer in the paid tutorials, it is pretty obvious that there are a few me-toos. It is understandably upsetting to find your creation plagiarised, but it can be dealt with either directly in private, or openly in public. The accusations have become barely veiled here yet no one, especially the victims are prepared to name the culprits and hopefully engage them in public without rage. At least that way, for those who are interested in buying tutorials, it would be easy to decide which to buy instead of worrying about it and relying on whispers.

I understand that it is not easy to confront those who have wronged you and it is more comfortable to have a few others to back that you have been wronged by sharing that inside knowledge of the culprit's identity, but this is not only cliquey (not great for a public forum) but can mislead others to accuse the wrong people (very bad). This sort of things happens in school playgrounds when kids might not know any better. Confronting the plagiariser does not have to be loaded with anger and swearing.

If you cannot see this issue and regard this is just balling, that is fine. As you said, I have spent too much time and too many words on this already.
Old 2017-07-22, 6:57am
Fried Cat

Ravenesque did not write the dragonfly tutorial in question.
Old 2017-07-22, 10:46am

pswrd
back to the drawing board
Old 2017-07-22, 1:17pm

You are right, you are new and don't know all the history and why so many may be cautious here.
I know I wont name names because, by no fault of this forum, I was involved in a lawsuit that was born in the gallery here. along with 29 of my fellow artists.
It was long, expensive and stupid.
It although understandably this is a tough situation for you to understand, I think this warning was handled just fine.
And, go take a peek at the dragonfly tutorial by Kerri Fuhr if you want to see something beautiful and original...
yes, we are a bit touchy....

- A work in progress

Old 2017-07-22, 1:19pm

and yes, the unoriginal tutorial copier has been named here.
I believe it is just a question of ethic and morals when it comes to tutorials.
It was an inevitable can of worms I was sorry to ever see opened.

- A work in progress

Last edited by tela; 2017-07-22 at 1:22pm.
Old 2017-07-22, 1:23pm
Queen of the milo field

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswrd View Post
Selfishly speaking, all this completely soured the atmosphere of this board for me. I spent too much time looking for a way to delete my registration because of this, and would have done so if I had found it.
First off, I have no pony in this ring since I don't write tuts, sell beads or teach classes. However, I would never copy a tut & sell it as my own if I did write tuts either. It's unethical.

You've received an answer to your question on registration in another thread. Please feel free to follow the advice given if you are being made that uncomfortable by this thread.

You are also free to delete any/all posts you have made while here.

dj