Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-12-26, 11:33pm
Bernhard Riegler

Default WigWags

I thought wigwags were missing in this show thread. So here is one I posted before just to start this thread.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-26 at 11:50pm.
Old 2013-12-27, 8:12am

Positively Beautiful!!
Old 2013-12-28, 10:31am
Curmudgeon Engineering

How about showing how it's done...???
Old 2013-12-28, 12:24pm
I'm meeeeelting

Those are so cool!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-12-28, 1:59pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
How about showing how it's done...???
not in here - you will have to research the tutorial section for how to do things. This has been explained before and this thread is a show only.

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-28 at 2:13pm.
Old 2013-12-28, 4:16pm
Flamewoman

So........................are you gonna do a tutorial for the tutorial section? lol.
My, my Bernard those are awesome. I just don't get along with tubing, someday
I must take a class...............but for now..........I suck at tubing.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-12-28, 5:10pm
Bernhard Riegler

There are so many very good tutorials out there, I think there is no need for a new tut. If you look on YouTube, you will find wonderful ones.
Mary, we will tackle your tubing issues in the new year, how about it? Just get yourself some tubing. I love to work a 20mm heavy wall from Simax. Its a good size for a start. Bigger diameters require way more heat to work.

Old 2013-12-28, 6:50pm

Those are both awesome Bernhard! I too struggle with doing tubing and wigwags as well.

John aka "BIG JOHN"
Old 2013-12-28, 8:28pm

Onekura, your wig wags are incredible. I learned how to do simple color wig wags from a tutorial in Glass Line by my friend Bill Futer. They are fun to make.
Old 2013-12-28, 9:22pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
There are so many very good tutorials out there, I think there is no need for a new tut. If you look on YouTube, you will find wonderful ones.
Show us how you do 'em. Do it on facebook if you don't feel this board is in line with your desires!

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2013-12-28, 9:27pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Show us how you do 'em. Do it on facebook if you don't feel this board is in line with your desires!
Hi Chris
I have just started a thread called tubing issues in the tut room. I think will will cover this soon in there. It will be kind of tut-style so I am trying out this new tut room - hope it works

Old 2013-12-28, 10:36pm

Here is one that turned out pretty good.

Old 2013-12-29, 10:22pm
Bernhard Riegler

love the wigwag marble - very nice clean lines - good one

Old 2013-12-30, 4:37am

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388403418.516387.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  20.9 KB
A marble I made for the Christmas exchange.
Chuck
Old 2013-12-30, 7:25am
ManBearPig

I was on a big wig wag kick for a while. This is the only picture I can find right now though...

Old 2013-12-30, 7:57am
Loving learning

So Beautiful!!!
Am I understanding right that you made these with tubing? Or are we talking about two different techniques?

*note to self, buy tubing!
Old 2013-12-30, 1:21pm
ManBearPig

I think some people do it with rods, but I use tubing. I'm positive the ones Onekura posted were done with tubing as well. You can't get the detail or depth with rods that you can with tubing.

It's not really too difficult to do. It just takes a little patience and practice.

Old 2013-12-30, 1:34pm
Borosapien

Here are some of mine

Old 2013-12-30, 1:34pm
Bernhard Riegler

mine were done on tubing - how is explained in the new tut room under "lets talk about tubing"
Cosmo, nice to see you posting and your work is outstanding!
Marcel - awesome - love the bear wigwag best - just beautiful

Old 2013-12-30, 2:40pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
mine were done on tubing - how is explained in the new tut room under "lets talk about tubing"
Cosmo, nice to see you posting and your work is outstanding!
Marcel - awesome - love the bear wigwag best - just beautiful
Thanks. I used to be a regular on here, but truth be told I haven't turned a torch on in two years so I haven't been around much. I can't get oxygen here any more. I've been looking for a substitute but so far haven't found anything that will work or is within my budget.

Old 2013-12-30, 2:47pm
Bernhard Riegler

so sad to hear - you are one of my glass heros - always loved your work and learned a great big lot from you - thank you for that and being back

Old 2013-12-31, 6:12am

love it all, but still working on rods have not tried tubes as of yet, is the bear a tube as well? wow, I bess get to cracking and make tubing myfriend
Old 2013-12-31, 10:07am
Flamewoman

Chad ~ you got an airgas supplier there? When I used tanks, my local airgas place would stay open for me if I called them in advance, I would go and get a tank on my way home. I had same issues with delivery and working times. Really seems like a shame that someone so tallented can't get oxy. If I lived there, (I am retired) I would go get it for you. Hey, make friends with some old people who are retired, give them the money to go get it for you! lol. YOU should return to the torch in 2014.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-02, 2:54am
Borosapien

Thank you and yes it is tubing

Old 2014-01-02, 5:08am

Made on a rod
Attached Images

Old 2014-01-02, 6:53am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Chad ~ you got an airgas supplier there? When I used tanks, my local airgas place would stay open for me if I called them in advance, I would go and get a tank on my way home. I had same issues with delivery and working times. Really seems like a shame that someone so tallented can't get oxy. If I lived there, (I am retired) I would go get it for you. Hey, make friends with some old people who are retired, give them the money to go get it for you! lol. YOU should return to the torch in 2014.
Airgas is who I have my account with. They won't stay open a minute past 5. I even offered the guy an extra $20 to stay until 5:30 and he won't do it.

Old 2014-01-04, 6:05am

Wow, nice works!
Some old pieces from me.
Attached Images

Old 2014-01-04, 2:11pm
Bernhard Riegler

PaPi, you do amazing work. Those are incredible. Well done and thanks for sharing them. But just how did you do the 2. one - a wigwag made into a spiral . . ??? Your work is so clean and precise.

Old 2014-01-04, 7:56pm

Thank you for your comment, Onekura.
I love your works. They have depth and fuming colors are amazing.

As for 2, yes it is twisted wigwag. Actually, it was difficult to keep it straight. I could not control the flow of the glass completely and had to decide to twist it.
Old 2014-01-05, 12:45am
Bernhard Riegler

Thank you PaPi - but, if you don't mind me asking . . was it lines of clear over fuming all arround the tube and then twisted, or did you do the wigwag on one side only and twisted? I just can't work this out