Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-06-06, 2:50pm

Default Is This A Candy Machine or what?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To many of us this is the ultimate Candy Machine.

Very Hot as the continuous Senape flows from the furnace at Effetre.

Last Friday we returned from Murano, and with me I brought many samples of new glass colors and some remakes of some old ones and today we started testing them and now we will evaluate the finished beads and make decisions on what and how much to purchase.

Too early to show pictures now, but I promise some exciting new colors between June and August.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2014-06-06, 2:55pm

Great photo Mike! I always wondered how a machine pulled rod was made! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2014-06-06, 5:27pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Thanks Mike--that is very "cool" to see!

Old 2014-06-06, 5:36pm
Ready to hit the road

That's cool!

Old 2014-06-06, 8:14pm
Against the Grain

So fascinating to see this. Great photo!

Old 2014-06-06, 9:02pm
Just Plain

Red licorice! Yummm!

Old 2014-06-06, 10:47pm

WOOT!! Great picture. Can't wait to see what treasures you came back with!!!

Old 2014-06-07, 1:52pm
Disconnected

Wow! Thank you for sharing that!

Old 2014-06-08, 9:42am

Eye Candy for sure! I love "how it's made".

Old 2014-06-08, 11:01am

enabler

Old 2014-06-08, 1:11pm

Default What Might Come Out of This Machine?

Some samples I brought back included Effetre intense black, pulled by machine, (still needs more testing) plus a pallet of strange variations of COOL COLORS, maybe 10 new colors I have never seen before, a few 10-20 kilo lots of this and that and 40 or so new Effetre colors never seen before, and made by hand. We have been testing color all week and will continue over the next few weeks. I am having around 400 pounds of color airfreighted and should be ready for sale in about 2-3 weeks. When Mikey goes to Murano he works with the Effetre Team and together we bring you more NEW color than any other importer on the entire planet.

Mikey Tries

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-08, 2:58pm
Slogan Challenged...

Wow, I can't imagine that many new colors. Sounds like you found a few you like. Love to see some teasers!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-06-09, 7:40am

Excited!!!!

Mary Ann
DAUGHTER OF THE KING!
Loving life and Lampworking

Old 2014-06-11, 10:25am
Fried Cat

Are there any new "non cool" solids there?
Old 2014-06-11, 1:34pm

Default Glass Candy

Quote:
Are there any new "non cool" solids there?
New non cool solids? Of the 20 colors I brought home for testing, some were opaque others transparent. Some colors seemed totally new while others were just tonality changes during production. But I do have bunches of new colors. Some only small amounts, other colors in large amounts.

I do know that soon we will be getting 4 new colors from Messy

Normally after a seafreight shipment arrives from Effetre, we have another one leaving in 2 or 3 months, but this time we have put together another full container and it should leave Effetre in two weeks.

But now we are bringing in more glass than ever and we are running out of room, so the only way to keep new color coming in is to sell more glass, and that also makes it possible to pay for all these shipments. So when you think of buying glass, think of Frantz as well as buying glass from those distributors who buy from Frantz Art Glass.

Glass is fine
Life is devine
Life is good
Just like it should

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-11, 2:37pm
Fried Cat

I reread my question and I realize I worded it wrong. I meant, single color, not streaking, "solid" shades be they opaque or transparent.

Mike, I understand to get more glass, we have to buy more glass. But I've held off on Effetre, and to a great point Messy because of the key word "tonality changes", and "limited edition".

I also think I'm not the only one complaining about this. Even the new color, you posted two paddles from the same batch. I know you said it was the single paddle in several tests, but it still evidently was enough that you felt it needed to voice the fact, different things can happen with that glass.

I'd love to see a return to new, or a return of older favorites that were consistent, doesn't streak, isn't "odd". Glass purchases this year has been a guessing game.

Last edited by SGA; 2014-06-11 at 2:39pm.
Old 2014-06-11, 3:26pm

Default Got Milk?

Quote:
I reread my question and I realize I worded it wrong. I meant, single color, not streaking, "solid" shades be they opaque or transparent.

Mike, I understand to get more glass, we have to buy more glass. But I've held off on Effetre, and to a great point Messy because of the key word "tonality changes", and "limited edition".

I also think I'm not the only one complaining about this. Even the new color, you posted two paddles from the same batch. I know you said it was the single paddle in several tests, but it still evidently was enough that you felt it needed to voice the fact, different things can happen with that glass.

I'd love to see a return to new, or a return of older favorites that were consistent, doesn't streak, isn't "odd". Glass purchases this year has been a guessing game.

To help not make it a guessing game we now have the "Try Before You Buy Program". We try to put our newest colors for you to try. Sometimes the amount we received is very small and by the time you get a free sample and place an order, it might be gone. But, we have lots of new colors that there is a good supply. Let me say that a good supply is at least 500 to 1,000 pounds, and on many new colors, we have that amount.

Does it matter if a new color is just a tonality change? Some changes are large enough to call it a new color, even though it is like another one, it might be darker or light and that would be a new color....I think.

There are a large variety of corals, each is coral, and some may look like other productions while some are totally unique. One thing about coral, Effetre follows the same steps and minerals each time they make it, but as you know, there are as many different tonalities as Carter has Pills.

But New colors do continue to be made, some are winners and some are not. Some can be remade while others can not.

I guess the only way to stay ahead of this game is for us to buy all the glass that is being made and love them all.

Got Milk?
Nope
I Got Glass!

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-13, 8:44am

My dream job? Testing new glass colors
Actually, I'd be thrilled just sittin' in the middle of all that glass!
Old 2014-06-13, 4:10pm
Slogan Challenged...

yeah!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-06-14, 4:18pm
Knob Creek Glass

Yeah! I always buy at least one pound of each new color, or tonality. I love glass. Thank you Mikey.
Old 2014-06-15, 12:12am

Default Ok, Next Week

Quote:
Mikey,

One little photo? One little hint?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I will post another picture from our trip this week. Or many more.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-17, 12:17pm

There was a little get together at Lucio's Studio.

This was made by Lucio and is sitting next to a very small coin.

Did I say that some lampworkers got together on Murano?

Mr. Stump tests glass at the Effetre factory

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-17, 12:35pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Do you ever need any enthusiastic employees?!

Old 2014-06-18, 5:11pm

Wow, what an amazing process. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
The magic of it all!
Old 2014-06-26, 9:15pm
Artistically Absorbed

I'd love to see some pictures of the tests on the new glass! Something for us to drool and anticipate until it arrives? Pretty Please?

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64