Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-12-08, 7:39am

Default 2012 Color

Check out the new Pantone Color for 2012:

http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread/or...-of-2012-.html

Minor
Old 2011-12-08, 8:19am
Flaming my life away

Love it! Wonder which color rod comes the closest?
Old 2011-12-08, 8:35am
Lampworkaholic!

OK, let's pick out the matching glass:

Pantone's color spectrum for 2012 has been announced and the winners are:
  1. Tangerine Tango:

Vetrofond Intense Tangerine, Red Carrot, Orange Punch

2. Solar Power:

CiM Pumpkin, Effetre 418 Yellow

3. Sodalite Blue:

CiM Indigo, Effetre Midnight

4. Cabaret:

Reichenbach Opal Raspberry, BE Pink Opal

5. Starfish:

Original Tamarind, BE Woodland Brown

6. Margarita:

CiM Dirty Martini, Effetre Copper Green

7. Sweet Lilac:

CiM Heffalump, Effetre Lavender, BE Lilac, Kugler Lilac Ice

8. Driftwood:

Lauscha Cocoa

9. Bellflower:

CiM Crocus, Reichenbach Lilac, BE Gonzo Grape

10. Cockatoo:

CiM Mint Lozenge, BE Aqua Opal

What would you pick?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2011-12-08 at 10:18pm.
Old 2011-12-08, 8:43am
Run Free Sweet Boy

oh joy, anything with a yellow hue makes me look like I am going to die... not thrilled with the colors this year

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-12-08, 1:35pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Luckily, just because it's the Pantone "Color of the Year" that doesn't mean you have to wear that color!

Wow, erose! I wish I could match colors like that. If I look at two different shaped things made with the same color they look like two different colors to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
oh joy, anything with a yellow hue makes me look like I am going to die... not thrilled with the colors this year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-12-11, 5:37pm

Thanks, Erose, for the info.

Minor
Old 2011-12-13, 10:13am
SCIENCE Teacher!

Effetre Coral. As for what the fashion experts say, my response is *yawn*. They tried to say mini skirts were back and you saw how that went. Sure a few 20-somethings did/do the miniskirt thing but the rest of us said no.
Old 2011-12-13, 10:32am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Oh love those from the dark blue one down. The first three...not so much but the rest I could definetly live with!

Old 2011-12-13, 12:04pm
one day at a time

Effetre coral would work.
Old 2011-12-13, 7:01pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I think all the colors are just marvellous! I love that orange a ton. I can't wait to get some shirts in that color.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-12-14, 7:30pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
I'm seeing...
  1. Effetre Sage, Effetre Avocado, CiM Tamarind Unique #2
  2. CiM Adamantium Unique #1, Effetre Dark Steel Grey, CiM African Grey, CiM Twilight
  3. Effetre EDP (Blueish batches), and I hope erose is right about the Reichenbach colour. I've been dying to try it!
  4. Effetre Bubblegum, CiM Gelly's Sty
  5. Effetre Rubino Oro, Reichenbach Gold Pink, Reichenbach Pink Lady
  6. CiM Pimento, Effetre Coral Mango, Effetre Striking Orange
  7. Effetre Butter Yellow, CiM Marigold (maybe hand-mixed with a little Ivory to tone down the brightness)
  8. CiM Mojito, Effetre Okey Dokey Artichoky, CiM Dirty Martini
  9. Effetre Light Turquoise, Reichenbach Aqua, Effetre Pale Aqua
  10. Lauscha Steel Blue, CiM Indigo, Cobalt Transparent

I think that Lauscha Cocoa is too brown to be a match for the dark grey/neutral, and I also think that the yellow is a tough match in general for the available 104 colours.

-
-
Old 2011-12-14, 8:07pm
Lampworkaholic!

You will love the R-Lavender Melanie. I'm still struggling with the sodalite blue. Indigo is almost black, cobalt is too bright, Leaky Pen is close, but I'd like to find an opaque. A midnight blue that isn't black but really is blue.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-12-15, 1:03pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
I'm really bad at identifying colors, but I think the purple, 3rd from the left, looks just like CIM Grape Ape. At least under fluorescents.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-12-16, 7:28am
Formerly FishBulb

My monitor colours must be off, because that orange looks a lot like the Vetrofond Orange Sherbet that is no longer available.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.