Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-12-20, 4:25pm
Broken

Is this the 10th anniversary? I am getting pretty excited about this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-20, 10:09pm
I'm meeeeelting

Lisa, I need to see if I can make all the logistics work, but I'm really leaning toward going. The classes look great and I'd get to see you and Liz! I heard you guys had a good Italy trip (I'm totally jealous and want to go back). I saw Kendra and David last weekend at the Fire & Rain holiday party.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-12-26, 9:30am

I am pretty new to beadmaking, and would like to attend this and take some classes...I am having trouble with the site...I can see all the classes, but can anyone tell me how to find the cost of the classes. I have looked around the site, but just cannot find any information on cost, except the registration fee. thanks
Old 2009-12-27, 10:45am
Covered in glitter

Oftenred, you can't usually sign up for anything until sometime the middle of Jan. This year online registration opens Jan 12 at noon. The glass classes are probably going to be in the $450+ range for a two day class. They are pricey but generally well worth it. I've taken quite a few classes in the last 5 or 6 years there and haven't had one that I didn't really enjoy. You'll meet a lot of your 'beady heros' too. It's great fun!

I just went to www.beadandbuttonshow.com and if you check the classes the price is there, as well as the date and length of the class.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche

Last edited by debkauz; 2009-12-27 at 10:52am.
Old 2010-01-05, 8:04pm
Broken

Booked my flight today!!!!

Old 2010-01-05, 11:46pm
I'm meeeeelting

After adding up the cost of classes, hotel, air, etc., I've decided this isn't going to be the year for me to make it to B & B, after all. I have some house projects, including building a studio, that I want to get done this year.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-01-06, 8:57am
Meow.

Yay Nicole!

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-01-06, 3:12pm
Knob Creek Glass

I will be there. Cannot wait to see you all.
Old 2010-01-07, 7:12pm

I am flying from Australia for my fourth time at B&B. I would LOVE to be able to go to Jeri's sandblasting class but I will be trading at that time. Hey Jeri, can't you squeeze in more sandblasting at the start of the week, or mid week?
Old 2010-01-08, 12:21am

I have never tried beading but thought I would take a peep. I love the bracelets. Are there any tutorials? Where would you buy the beads, spacers etc? Lovely idea for gifts

Old 2010-01-08, 6:24am

Douglas, I'm sorry the sandblasting timing isn't working for you. They had so many great classes this year, we had a hard time finding the spot to squeeze it in (and it is noisy, so we can't be near quiet classes!). Maybe blast early and trade late?? If not this year, maybe another time. I think this show is addictive. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2010-01-08, 5:19pm
Knob Creek Glass

For those who have not been before, it is like a GIANT SUMMER CAMP!
Old 2010-01-08, 9:58pm

Maybe I could put one of those signs on my booth saying "Back in three hours"?
Old 2010-01-09, 7:00am
Jamaican Me Crazy

why is everything always so far away from us. Does'nt anything ever happen in the south?
Old 2010-01-09, 9:03am

Relative to the whole wide world, Milwaukee is CLOSE to Georgia (it's all in your perspective!). Here in NJ I constantly feel like everything is in Atlanta!! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2010-01-09, 11:43am
Jamaican Me Crazy

Talking

Old 2010-01-25, 7:18am

I can't take any classes this year but I will be there buying.

R-118
Old 2010-01-26, 7:56pm

I will be there! I have been selling my charms at the B&B show since it began in Portland, Oregon. I love the show and all the variety in merchandise, people and classes. I just hope the show can stay as wonderful as it is and not turn to schlock.

Old 2010-02-07, 6:12pm
Broken

I am taking "Concrete, it's not just for sidewalks anymore" class I am SO excited!

Old 2010-02-07, 6:15pm
Happy Beadmaker!

I'll be there for 10th (of 10) years, happy anniversary B&B! Yippee.
I did change booth locations, I was #3 to left of entrance, am now #8 closer to left entrance!!! Come say hey!

Most exciting show of the year always!

~
~
~
Old 2010-02-13, 8:57pm

I will be there - behind the Soft Flex booth. Be sure to stop by and say hello.

If you have a special order (something from the website that we may not usually bring to a show), let us know and we can bring it to the show for you to pick up.

My Dad won't be there this year, he will be at the Glass Art Society conference. Always a tough decision when they fall on the same weekend.

Jenny

Old 2010-02-13, 9:37pm
Yup.

I'm there! (And there's still time to sign up for my class with Margaret Zinser!)

~
~
Old 2010-02-13, 9:53pm

Hi Everyone! Finally something is relatively close to me ( a two-hour drive) Over the past year, I have slowly been accumulating things I need for a studio, and have taken a bead-making class, but still don't have everything I need to start yet - man, this stuff costs ALOT of money! And I'm so frustrated I can't make beads yet! But it will be great seeing some of the artists that I've seen on this website over the past year.
JC - I think it was a series of your beads that really caught my attention last year - they were a mod, Eames-ish enameled series and I Loved them. I can't afford a class, but maybe I can make a purchase or two!
Impatiently waiting,
Beth

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?
They taste funny!!
Old 2010-03-14, 8:12pm
Broken

They've released some classes again that were full. I cannot wait I am counting the days!

Old 2010-03-14, 8:55pm
Creatrixie

Well, now I'm not so sure we're going to go...
I hope everyone who does has a great time!!!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-03-15, 4:26am
sunscreen me baby

I am on the waiting list for a booth. I finally got up the courage to do one and now I'm on pins and needles hoping I get it. Cross your fingers for me! Nicker, can we do dinner one night? I would love to see you again after all these years

~

Old 2010-03-15, 7:37am
Broken

Suzy definitely I wouldn't miss seeing you again!

Old 2010-03-15, 1:14pm

I'll be there selling flowers with my friend, Laura Drosner Schreiber, who makes awesome bright and funky beads. We're right beside Alethia Donathan, up front as you come in the door.

Please stop and say hi!

Nolly
Old 2010-03-15, 2:00pm
Happiness is....

I went last year for the first time and met some wonderful people!! I walked around and was a booth sitter for anyone who needed a break. I had such a good time! Sadly DH isn't working, so I can't justify going this year. But on the bright side I went once!

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2010-03-15, 2:47pm

I'll be there again. Taking classes and shopping. LOVE B&B!