No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-01-25, 9:38am
Yeah me!

Default WTB single rod info

Does anyone know of a place where I could order a single rod rather than a 1/4#? I would like to try out a few of these more expensive glasses but I don't want to spend money on something that I don't like.

Or if anyone has some nice silvered glass or double helix that they would trade? I have just about every color of effetre, including cool colors, and lots of it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-25, 9:41am

winship sells single rods. they carry quite a bit of 104coe silver glass too.

Old 2009-01-25, 9:50am

moretti and more sells singles too.

Old 2009-01-25, 9:51am
Did someone say SALE?

Kristina, I was in the same situation recently, where I wanted to try the Kugler bead making rods, but not ALL of them, and Cody at ABR made me up a custom sample pack with single rods of the colors I wanted. If you send him a message here on LE (Cody_ABR) or call and talk to him, I am sure he could let you know if they could do the same thing with the silver glass. www.abrimagery.com is their web site. Plus an added bonus of keeping the business local here in Indiana Oh, and if you are ever in the mood for a road trip, I want to go down to the warehouse in Bloomington sometime soon... I am like a kid in a candy store there

Also, if you ever want to play with the silver colors I have, you are welcome to come over if this darn weather ever warms up!! I can't do squat with the striking colors I have (Luna 2, Davinci 2, Van Gogh, Juno), but I've got the reducing colors figured out for the most part. Gaia, Nyx, Psyche, Triton, Taxco, and Black Nebula are the ones I have. Oh, and a rod of Green envy that I have not melted yet.
Old 2009-01-25, 9:52am
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Delphi sells messy and moretti single rods and good assortment packs including a DH assortment pack. http://www.delphiglass.com/flameworking/glass-104-coe/

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2009-01-25, 10:11am
Pyro Tyro

Howaco has a huge selection and the best prices!

www.howacoglasssupplycompany.com/

Old 2009-01-25, 10:17am
glass nerd!

I'm pretty sure moretti and more does.

Old 2009-01-25, 10:25am
I like to melt things

Artistry in Glass sells single rods, and so does Donna at The Mandrel.

-
-
Old 2009-01-25, 10:26am
I like to melt things

Also, I would be willing to work out a trade if I have specific things you're looking for. PM me a list of the glass that you want to try and what you have to trade and we can probably work something out

-
-
Old 2009-01-25, 10:28am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassyEyedGirl View Post
I can't do squat with the striking colors I have (Luna 2, Davinci 2, Van Gogh, Juno)
Beth - did you see the Striking Silver Glass tutorial Steph Bonniwell and I did for Double Helix for The Flow mag? The link is in the siggy line. Hope that will help!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-01-25, 11:09am
Shelarious

http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/glass.html is selling 1lb bag of silver glass shorts right now for $35.

Old 2009-01-25, 11:17am
Did someone say SALE?

Thanks Hayley!! I actually did make one of those, and got a little color out of it, but used Lausha clear and it cracked. (What part of "Don't use Lausha clear with silver glasses" was I not understanding? lol)

Once it warms up a bit and I can get back to my torch, I am confident that I will do a little better. (insert optimism here )

Great tutorial btw, and thank you so much for sharing ... and caring!
Old 2009-01-25, 11:21am
I'm a lilac!

You can buy Double Helix by the rod from Bridgetown, too:
http://www.bridgetownglass.com/?a=ca...category_id=45

Old 2009-01-25, 11:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassyEyedGirl View Post
Thanks Hayley!! I actually did make one of those, and got a little color out of it, but used Lausha clear and it cracked. (What part of "Don't use Lausha clear with silver glasses" was I not understanding? lol)

Once it warms up a bit and I can get back to my torch, I am confident that I will do a little better. (insert optimism here )

Great tutorial btw, and thank you so much for sharing ... and caring!
You can use Lauscha clear with Silver Glass if it is the newer reformulated clear but you have to anneal at 980 and use a conservative annealing schedule. Also your bead needs to go into the kiln glowing.

We also sell DH by the rod and have some sample packs of Precision SIlver Colors.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-25, 12:13pm
Dot Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitreousTyro View Post
Howaco has a huge selection and the best prices!

www.howacoglasssupplycompany.com/
I second this!!

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2009-01-26, 6:39am
Did someone say SALE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
You can use Lauscha clear with Silver Glass if it is the newer reformulated clear but you have to anneal at 980 and use a conservative annealing schedule. Also your bead needs to go into the kiln glowing.

Paula
Thanks Paula! I have Lauscha that is about 4-5 years old, but I do anneal at 980. I did just get some new Lauscha, though, but have not had a chance to melt any yet. Too darn cold here!
Old 2009-01-27, 4:50am
Katherine

Default Single Rods

Moretti and more sells them in single rods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey*bee View Post
Does anyone know of a place where I could order a single rod rather than a 1/4#? I would like to try out a few of these more expensive glasses but I don't want to spend money on something that I don't like.

Or if anyone has some nice silvered glass or double helix that they would trade? I have just about every color of effetre, including cool colors, and lots of it!