Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-02-10, 3:27pm
Jacqueline Parkes

This thread just makes me

She must of mental problems but no excuse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-10, 5:07pm

I should be hearing from Kevin tomorrow about the release of our stuff.

I mapquested the trip and it's just shy of 300 miles round trip. I ship on a daily basis, 6 days a week and Monday is a Postal Holiday. I would love to take advantage and use Monday as my day to make the trip. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone involved could email the release to Kevin that Fred and I will be picking up everything.

Thanks, Catt

Old 2010-02-10, 6:38pm
Storm Queen

Is there a reason why you have to drive and pick everything up Catt? Can Kevin not mail it to one person to sort it out instead of you driving and using your entire day including the expense of gas?

Old 2010-02-10, 7:25pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Cool

It might be because of the kiln or that someone has to sign for everything. Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Is there a reason why you have to drive and pick everything up Catt? Can Kevin not mail it to one person to sort it out instead of you driving and using your entire day including the expense of gas?

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2010-02-10, 8:54pm

When there was a chance that someone might have to appear in court I offered to JameyLynn that I would appear in court since she is somewhere around a 13 hour drive one way. I also told her if everything was going to be released that day that I could bring it back and ship it out to everyone. I don't have to ship on Monday so it's the perfect day to take the drive. All these tools are foreign to Kevin so this way we know it will be packed and shipped out properly to everyone.

Old 2010-02-10, 10:08pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

There actually is no reason the items need to be picked up now that I know of, they could probably be picked up when the court time may or may not come.

Last edited by Howaco; 2010-02-10 at 10:20pm.
Old 2010-02-10, 10:51pm
da General

I am with Amy - if Kevin would ship everything to one person, it may be easier so Catt doesn't need to make such a long trip to pick them up? I will be happy to contribute to the shipping cost.

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-10, 11:21pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I just sent Kevin an email asking if he is permitted to ship. I am sure he is allowed to, the kiln has already been shipped back to that person, so there should not be any reason why not. I didn't really think about it since Catt had mentioned picking the stuff up.

My brain is fried. You all know that I have been working with Kevin obviously, but I am also working with the post office for mail fraud and I am working with paypal as well. I can't remember who has what info, who needs what info and what stages things are in.

Old 2010-02-11, 8:39am

Detective Kevin will be out of the office until next Tuesday so the trip for Monday would be out.

I offered to do the drive for 3 reasons, a way to pass forward the kindness that Squid showed by going out of her way to retrieve Rodney and my stolen property a few months ago, to retrieve my own stolen property, so JameyLynn didn't have to make the huge drive.

After everyone decides what they want to do please let me know. If the merchandise has to be signed for and picked up my offer stands to take the ride down and get it all and ship it out.

Thanks, Catt

Old 2010-02-11, 8:53am
Still makin' flowers...

I spoke to Kevin at length yesterday. Although I think you already know, he is extremely kind and I think we've gotten really lucky to get him on this case.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2010-02-11, 8:53am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Catt that is so awsome, thank you. I know there is a lot of stuff there. I think Kevin had said there were 7 boxes of items. I don't know how great he would be at packing those items. Especially things like cgbeads graphite tools or glass. I can't imagine they would go out and get a large enough box and the packing materials to properly pack.

I just didn't want to put you in a position of going there twice. I don't think a trial is going to happen, but we don't know. She is not the brightest flower in the bunch, she might think that she can get a judge to empathize with her "story", who knows. Wackadoodle she is.

lol, I still laugh and admire that Squid had the guts to go knock on someones door and ask for those items. That took some serious gumption since that Kim woman was a wackadoodle too.

Old 2010-02-11, 8:54am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
I spoke to Kevin at length yesterday. Although I think you already know, he is extremely kind and I think we've gotten really lucky to get him on this case.
I think Kevin has to be one of the nicest guys on the planet. So was the first officer I delt with.

Old 2010-02-11, 9:10am
uncouthful cats

Seven boxes??? OMG. And she was doing what with that stuff? Sitting on piles of stuff like a dragon guarding it's treasure?

I wonder how her son, the police chief, views all of this. Poor guy. Bet he'd like to be anywhere else. Remember those Southwest Airlines commercials? Escape.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2010-02-11, 9:47am

Sorry to bother, but would someone please pm me the new update?
Old 2010-02-11, 10:15am

7 boxes & a kiln? I still don't have a kiln & I'm pretty sure even with my crazy frit stash I wouldn't need 7 boxes even if I tried to pack my vent hood! & I've been hobbying for YEARS!!

Yep, looked it over, would take 2 totes & a special box or somethin' for the hood (we stuck that in Sue's trunk with bungie cords--that was some trip from Gail's house back to Maine!! )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2010-02-11 at 11:05am. Reason: posting from my phone makes letters into numbers sometimes :roll:
Old 2010-02-11, 10:47am
Storm Queen

Seven boxes? Jeez Louise.

Old 2010-02-11, 4:52pm

Just sent Kevin permission for Catt to pick up my stuff.

Catt, if you do pick up all the stuff, let me know, I'll PayPal you $$ for your shipping/time/travel/trouble.

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2010-02-11, 5:55pm

I have a question.
I was telling the folks on one of the other forums I visit about the charge backs several of you have been hit with.
Some one on the forum said that Paypal will not charge back anything until a resolution has been made between the two parties invovled. This sure doesn't appear to be the case here. Would one of you let me know how the charge backs work -- thank goodness I have not had to deal with this issue, but I would like to know if Paypal contacts you before they withdraw the money from your account and if Paypal intervened to resolve the issue before the charge back.
Thanks
di
Old 2010-02-11, 5:59pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

It wasn't a charge back - the money was never in the account she was paying out of. Paypal showed that the payment went through to the seller even though it had not really cleared the bank account. Once it didn't clear, it was deducted from the sellers' accounts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-11, 6:05pm

Oh, There's many small & big "issues" with Paypal, just as there are in the "real world" with taking checks & credit cards. Things "Bounce", People reverse charges, Banks refund money. Paypal will *try* to charge back money, they're *still* trying to get money back for me for something someone sold me & never shipped two years ago--if the person closes their bank account, there's nothing you can do short of small claims court (and under a certain dollar amount, sometimes it's easier to write it off on taxes, if you don't find yourself in a group situation like this one)

Like Laura B. said earlier, in "bigger business" it's just figured into the cost of doing business--"we" in general are "lucky" in that it doesn't happen more often--I think it's becoming more common now because of the economic situation.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-02-22, 3:36am
Run Free Sweet Boy

noticed in another thread that the nut job is still buying stuff,, tutorials from another site... sheesh.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-02-22, 11:33am

I spoke with Kevin last week about the status of everything. He was meeting with Cheryl that day. I made him be aware of the possibility of her still continuing to do the theft to others not on this forum.

Hopefully, I will get a call some time this week that the merchandise will be released, it does need to be signed for in person. Once I hear back from them I'll let you know when I'm heading down. I know Kevin is still trying to locate JamieLynn's glass before it's released.

Catt

Old 2010-03-17, 11:57am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Hi everyone, just got off the phone with Kevin. I put a more detailed update in the chat board.

It might be a couple more weeks before the PA looks at the case.

Check out the chat board for a more info.

Old 2010-03-17, 4:53pm
Fire!! Wait...it's good.

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do I get to the chat board??
Old 2010-03-17, 5:22pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Go here http://www.lampworklegal.proboards.com/index.cgi and create a login. Then send me a pm here on LE with the name of your login. That way I know it was you that created the login (and not someone else) and I will approve you on the board so you can read what is going on.

Old 2010-03-18, 6:59am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I was contacted this morning by a person who just received a charge back from a purchase in January.

So those of you that did not get a charge back yet, keep an eye on your accounts and if you get a chargeback, contact Kevin asap.

Old 2010-03-18, 8:38am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs down

Oh, good grief. You'd think they wouldn't let them do that after a certain length of time. Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
I was contacted this morning by a person who just received a charge back from a purchase in January.

So those of you that did not get a charge back yet, keep an eye on your accounts and if you get a chargeback, contact Kevin asap.

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2010-03-18, 12:00pm

He purchased from me sometime last year but it cleared.

As I was reading these posts the back of my neck started getting itchy and scratchy... These posts have sounded so familiar but I couldn't find the person I was thinking about. It sounded like someone who purchased from me and 2 months later disputed itl. Her husband disputed the bill and said the charge was not authorized.

I searched and searched and found her. Twins?

Hi Heidi,

Oh MY GOSH--this is SO embarrassing I could throw up!! I am so sorry--please don't worry for a second b/c we are NOT seeking "reimbursement" on ANY of the paypal purchases that they have informed you were made with "unauthorized funds". My husband is on the phone with them right now--explaining what happened. For them to take money from you--would be outright STEALING b/c you sent me product for payment. And, if they revoke it--then, you're out what you sent to me--which I have right here in our house. So, I assure you that they WILL NOT be taking any money from you. We would never let that happen.

There was a mishap with my paypal account--that part is true...but, it certainly was not theft and it is being taken care of. All the purchases made with my husband's credit card (this one was apparently) are being given this same alert--which in total--is around 50 different sellers. I have SO much damage control to do right now, it's not even funny.

The long and the short of it is that my husband was unhappy with the amount of money I was spending on paypal (all Etsy b/c I am addicted to Etsy--quite literally) and CALLED THEM TO REMOVE his card from my account. (which he w illing put on my account to begin with). So, it's embarrassing b/c now tons of people are being involved in our "lovers quarrel" so to speak. Oh my goodness...I can't believe this. You are the first person that I'm responding to--out of the near 30 emails I've received about it so far...and there are many, many more to come, I'm sure. I may just copy and paste this to respond to everyone...b/c I can't imagine typing out as many explanations as I'm going to need to give about this.

Please just be confident in knowing that no one is seeking repayment on our end (for "unauthorized funds"). This whole thing happened almost a month ago now...so, I'm wondering why they are just now sending out these announcements. All is well here--my husband's not upset anymore--and we have all of these things that I bought sitting in our home--so NO ONE should be trying to take any money from you. You sent us product--it's your right to be paid for it.

Anyway--I will ensure that this goes away immediately and I apologize profusely for the inconvenience. I promise that paypal will not be taking any money back. Rick's talking to them right now.

Thank you for understanding and I really hope you don't think I'm a terrible person now. I just have an Etsy spending problem. His card is not on my paypal account anymore--so no one can ever get upset at me for my spending again.

She got rather nasty after this message and told me "the other sellers told her they understood that she had a shopping problem!
I guess I was nasty to tell her she should send me the ribbons or the money since she had/has a problem spending.
She never offered to mail the items back. It was paid by Paypals protection. I don't know if they are going after her.

In some shopping districts sellers band together and pass notes on experiences. If we compared notes I wonder how many of the same people are hitting all of us but its been paid for or we wrote it off because it was a smallish amount like mine. ??

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2010-03-18 at 12:05pm.
Old 2010-03-18, 12:06pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Wow, that is da ja vue. I wonder how she was able to attach his card to her account, they verify the info when you add the card. Hmm, something fishy. Glad you were protected under their rules.

Old 2010-03-20, 11:54am

I don't remember if you have to use your own credit card on your Paypal account or if they just ask for a number.

Forgive me if this has already been said but what I find astounding is that Paypal has the bank account/credit card information and for unconfirmed addresses sellers are to call the person and verify that its "them" and "they" authorized it. How can you do with without the account/credit card information? How do you know that the person you call is the person who owns the account/credit card if you don't have any of their account information? <<<sigh>>>
I can hear the conversation "Uh yeah its ok and its me..."

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2010-03-20 at 11:56am.