TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-10-03, 6:17pm

Default Anyone know of a DOG BONE tutorial?

I've been searching for a dog bone tutorial. Does anyone know of one somewhere?
Thanks bunches,
Karen aka Dingbat
Old 2007-10-03, 7:10pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

****NEW****
I did a video to go along with the written tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP01d6imfxk

I just wrote one for the class I'm teaching. PM'ing you with it now.

I should just put it here. I'll add more pictures as I get them taken.
Thanks so much for the interest, guys!!! You've made me feel so useful!!!!

Bone tutorial:
a. Heat up your bead release very well.
b. Make a tube of ivory with a fat ivory stringer. The premade ones work well for this.
c. Make sure the ends are fairly puckered on each end.
d. Let the tube cool a bit while heating up a blob of ivory on the end of the fat stringer.
e. Touch the blob to one end of the tube. Flame cut the blob from the stringer.
f. While the blob is solidifying, hold the mandrel so that the blob leans toward the mandrel and down.
g. Repeat steps e and f for each bone bump.
h. Pop your bone into the kiln

You can use regular rods if you want to make bigger bones. I make teeny tiny ones for earrings and bracelet dangles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*f

Last edited by loribeads; 2008-03-07 at 5:54pm. Reason: Adding link to video tutorial
Old 2007-10-04, 7:00am

Just wanted to thank you for all your help. I just came in from making a couple of bones.
Can't wait to make it into a bracelet with other beads to give to the assistant who has been helping with my poor aging, sick pet over the last few weeks.
You are great, just thought you should know.
Karen
Old 2007-10-04, 8:30am
Rose colored glasses…√

Ummm....Lori....could you PM me too please?

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-10-04, 8:35am

Lori, me too please. My friend would love these for Christmas! Thank you!

JoAnn
Old 2007-10-04, 10:35am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

JoAnn and Chris, I've sent it to you in a PM. Have fun!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2007-10-04, 10:40am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I'm working on taking pictures of each step.

*f

Old 2007-10-04, 11:07am

Lori could you PM me also with instructions for the bones!
Thanks

Marianne
Mkdisegni
Old 2007-10-04, 11:12am

Lori, thank you!
Your bones look wonderful!

JoAnn
Old 2007-10-04, 1:56pm

Me too?
G.
Old 2007-10-04, 2:11pm
Corgi Lover

Please, please, please - PM me too!!!!

I need some fun in my life - tired of being at work till 8 pm (I teach HS...)
Old 2007-10-04, 2:26pm
The Andrea Half

*waves hand* Please?

Old 2007-10-04, 2:57pm

Me too please?

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2007-10-04, 8:28pm
A Splash o' Glass

Oh Lori.....pretty please! I need to make new gifts for my dog groomer and her assistants this year.

Many thanks,
Barbara

Old 2007-10-05, 1:26am

Hi Lori,

Could you send me a copy too

Thanks

Old 2007-10-05, 1:48am

I will beg, sit pretty, roll over, and catch a frisbee if you would please send me an email also. PPLLLEEAASSSEE.
Jenny@rochester.rr.com

Thanks
Jen
Old 2007-10-05, 4:13am
Pyromaniac

Better than that, why don't you post it here? So many PMs coming your way! Thanks,

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2007-10-05, 4:23am

I would like it too please..being a dog groomer myself...
Old 2007-10-05, 5:29am

May I please also have it?
Old 2007-10-05, 6:18am
T.J. made me do it

I'd love to see it too. I show dogs and used to be a dog groomer. My friends would love bone jewelry for Xmas!

Julie
Old 2007-10-05, 7:39am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I made one for a friend yesterday..

Old 2007-10-05, 7:59am
Pyromaniac

Gorgeous Debbie!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2007-10-05, 8:43am
Normal is Boring!!

Here's a simple dog bone!

Ivory tube with a few blobs on the end- let gravity do the rest!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-10-05, 11:36am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Hi guys! I've added the tutorial up in my original post so people don't have to scroll when they want to find it. Thank you so much for all your kind PM's and I hope this tutorial helps everybody!

*f

Old 2007-10-05, 3:57pm
Newfoundland lover!

Thanks Lori!
Thanks for asking karen.
Trudi LOVE that bracelet!!! nice work
Merilee
Old 2007-10-06, 4:23pm
daughter and I

Thanks Lori, I know some folks who would love these!

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2007-10-06, 6:51pm
T.J. made me do it

Thanks Lori and others for sharing your beautiful work.

julie
Old 2007-10-17, 5:01pm
Nancy

Thanks Lori, just found this tut. It's great and can't wait to try it.
Nancy
Old 2007-10-18, 10:53am

Thanks so much for posting this Lori. My company has chosen our local Humane Society as one of our Christmas charities and I think I'm going to bribe people with bookmark thank you's to give extravagently. A dog bone bead will be perfect!
Old 2007-10-19, 1:01pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I'm so glad it was helpful!

*f