LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-28, 4:25pm
ASamples33

Default Besides jewelry, what do you make with your beads?

I know the most common thing to make with beads is jewelry, but I am sure there are many other creative ways to use them. What are some of the things you have seen made, or maybe make yourself with these beautiful beads? If you can please include the supplier who may have some of the products you use. I have used a site called goodybeads.com for items such as key chains, interchangeable bracelets, and interchangeable necklaces. They have a lot of more items such as pens, coffee scoop, jelly spoon, wine stopper, letter opener, and much more, that you can customize with your beads (and no I do not have a relationship with them other than a happy customer). I have not used all of their products, just a few. I have also seen simple things made such as rear view mirror danglers and bottle ties. I would love to hear what you have done or are doing with your beads.
Andi

Last edited by ASamples33; 2011-04-28 at 5:39pm.
Old 2011-04-28, 6:22pm
I love glass!

I've incorporated a few into stained glass pieces.

Love, live, learn and laugh every day!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-28, 6:25pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I have a Volvo client who knits them into scarves, and embellishes her fabric window treatments with them.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-04-29, 5:57am

I use some as purse dangles, on ribbons for book markers, and the broken, fugly ones make great "mulch" on top of the soil of my potted plants, lol.
Bea
Old 2011-04-29, 6:07am
one day at a time

Many of my customers use them on bookmarks and more recently, I've been making beads with larger holes for pens.
Old 2011-04-29, 6:53am

Ceiling fan pulls are great.
Old 2011-04-29, 7:19am
Never give up

Wind chimes, pens, buttons and hopefully soon a macrame purse and belt.
Old 2011-04-29, 7:40am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blong2001 View Post
Ceiling fan pulls are great.
Yep, I love to do those.

I string mine on brass wire and twist the wire into spirals and such and hang them in my trees where I can see them sparkle.

Old 2011-04-30, 6:27pm

purse pulls, ceiling fan pulls, cell phone charms, bookmarks

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2011-05-01, 7:51am
Glass-aholic

yep all that! And you can get even more creative when you start taking the idea and manifesting the beads to work with the items you are making, instead of vise versa.... I make a lot of 'beads' with a hole that does not go all the way through. (make them on the end of the mandrel) They are a neat way to switch up your bead-able items!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-05-01, 9:32am

I've made zipper pulls out of them. My backpack has fancy zipper pulls! I just put them on cell phone charm cords and then put those on the zippers. My kids have put them on their backpacks also.

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." Douglas Adams
Old 2011-05-01, 6:44pm

Made my mom a really big bead with flashy seed bead fringe to hang on her walker to help her identify it. Several women have asked me to make one for them.