Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-09, 1:04pm
boro color bender

Default Getting the film off of copper green...

I have heard about using Coke or etching them... and since I had neither, I used my little dremel with a polishing wheel and some rouge... worked like a charm. Just thought I'd throw this tip out there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2005-07-09, 1:50pm
Glassy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
I have heard about using Coke or etching them... and since I had neither, I used my little dremel with a polishing wheel and some rouge... worked like a charm. Just thought I'd throw this tip out there...

That's a great idea! Thanks!

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2005-07-09, 2:29pm
Satake Woman!

oooo!!!! I like it! Thanks so much for the tip.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-07-09, 4:00pm
sunscreen me baby

I wonder if my sunshine polishing cloth would work. Wouldn't it be nice to have a non matte copper green bead without the gunk? Thanks for the idea.

~

Old 2005-07-09, 4:13pm
The Grand Foobah

Another that works great is 'The Works' toilet bowl cleaner, leaves them minty fresh too!

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.