Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-03-21, 10:27am
szglassy

Default Where yo get Gratuated/Gradient backround??

I've been searching for a gery gradient/graduated backround for hours!!

I found one at setshop.com but it's $50.

Is there anywhere else to get one at a reasonable price??
I do not have photoshop and need a GRAY one.

Thanks!

Sue
Old 2009-03-21, 4:12pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Here is a link to the one that I ordered http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/121.html

It was recommended to me by another lampworker. I ordered 2, one for underneath and one for behind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-22, 7:46am
Mary Lockwood

I can email you the one I made if you just want to print one out...that's what I did.

I did my gradient radiating out from the center, but if you want one that has a light to dark gradient from the top down I can make one of those in about 14 seconds and email it off to you.

Let me know.
~~Mary

Old 2009-03-22, 3:48pm
Mary Lockwood

I made a whole page of choices on my website- just click and pick which one you like.

http://www.marylockwood.com/photobackgrops.html

When you click on one of the images, the full size version will open. Right click and save it to your hard drive if you want to change the size, or just print it out right from your browser.

Hope you find one you like. I use the one in the top row, furthest to the right.

~~Mary

Old 2009-03-22, 3:54pm
birdergirl ~o~

Mary That is so nice of you!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-03-22, 4:02pm
Incognito

I snagged mine off of a free photo tutorial....but Mary's are better! Thanks Mary. These are great.

If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed.
Old 2009-03-23, 11:45am
Entropy increasing....

I print mine out on my printer.
Old 2009-03-24, 1:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth;
I made a whole page of choices on my website- just click and pick which one you like.

http://www.marylockwood.com/photobackgrops.html

When you click on one of the images, the full size version will open. Right click and save it to your hard drive if you want to change the size, or just print it out right from your browser.

Hope you find one you like. I use the one in the top row, furthest to the right.

~~Mary
Hi Mary. I went to your site to look at the gradient paper you were talking about. While I was there I thought I would look around, wow your work is incredible.
Bob
Old 2009-03-25, 9:17am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks very much, Bob. I don't get enough torch time lately. I'm really missing it.

Good luck setting up your photo dealio.

~~Mary

Old 2009-03-25, 4:20pm
szglassy

Thank you sooo much Mary!

I was also looking around your site and your work is awesome!!
Old 2009-03-26, 5:56am
Mary Lockwood

You're welcome. It wasn't much really, the program I use takes just seconds to make one of these. Then all I had to do was build a web page and upload the background images. No big deal, honestly, I'm just glad to help.

Hope you can use them.

Have a great day!
~~Mary

Old 2009-03-26, 7:22am
Renee

Thanks Mary! It made life so much easier!!! Love your work-
Renee

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-03-26, 7:50am

If you have problems printing the gradients, color banding for example, you can take them to Sams or somewhere that prints digital photos and have a phot made of it. I got 8x10s printed for a $1.50 or so and 11x13s for around $2.75 at Sams.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-03-26, 9:27am

Thank you, Mary! I so need help with my photos.

Ginko Beads
Old 2009-03-31, 10:35pm
Unmedicated since '62

so THATS what you use - i'm such a doofus!

i've been soooo overthinking it - thats what comes of being a photoshop nerd

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-05-29, 2:19pm

Thank you Mary!
Connie
Old 2010-05-31, 5:34pm
Certified Thread Killer

Talking

I tried making/printing my own gradient/graduated background and printing it on a high-end Xerox printer. Even at up to 2400x2400 dpi I had a problem with a moire when I was at a certain angle and a distinct dot pattern in up-close pics. I even did ALL preventative manipulation in Photoshop first to no avail.

Tired of this, I just ordered two 21" x 15" backgrounds from here:

http://www.photomediaoutlet.com/grad...ckgrounds.html

I know I like the graduated/gradient look from the laser-printed trial piece so at least I know I'm not wasting any money.
Old 2010-06-01, 11:41am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCatJewels View Post
I tried making/printing my own gradient/graduated background and printing it on a high-end Xerox printer. Even at up to 2400x2400 dpi I had a problem with a moire when I was at a certain angle and a distinct dot pattern in up-close pics. I even did ALL preventative manipulation in Photoshop first to no avail.

Tired of this, I just ordered two 21" x 15" backgrounds from here:

http://www.photomediaoutlet.com/grad...ckgrounds.html

I know I like the graduated/gradient look from the laser-printed trial piece so at least I know I'm not wasting any money.
It's because you used Photoshop. Photoshop is not made for that type of thing. It's resolution-dependent. Use something like Illustrator and print it on a Postscript printer and you'll be fine.

That being said, I order all mine here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Old 2010-06-01, 1:56pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by szglassy View Post
I've been searching for a gery gradient/graduated backround for hours!!

I found one at setshop.com but it's $50.

Is there anywhere else to get one at a reasonable price??
I do not have photoshop and need a GRAY one.

Thanks!

Sue
Hi Sue... I have a few choices of gray on my website. Maybe something you can use?

http://www.artisimportant.com/SRAJD/...ackgrounds.htm

Old 2010-06-02, 8:28am
Fancies

Mary and Laura, thank you so much for the backdrops!

Old 2010-06-02, 8:54am
Experimentalist

So happy to help.

Old 2010-06-05, 11:15am
szglassy

I wound up buying one from B&H. I was not crazy about the outcome.It's just not really for my product.
Thank you again for the great links though!!
Old 2010-08-23, 5:04am
~ toes in the sand.

Mary, I just saw this and wanted to tell you how awesome you are, and have always been, for sharing and helping whenever an opportunity presents itself.

You're a helluva lady, Lady.