Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2006-08-23, 5:18am

Default Zencart vs Cube cart? anyone?

Playing around - don't have time to start from scratch so I'm trying out these programs? Anyone have any experience with them?

thanks!!

Martha
Old 2006-08-23, 7:02am
Still strange and unusual

I have zen cart now and love it. Easier learning curve then cube cart IMHO and if you have an excel cvs file for your stuff you can upload it with easy populate or data manager. If you go with Zen and need help let me know.

I just need to figure how I want my stylesheet so I get the look I really want for my cart. Oh and if you want any buyers make sure you enable SSL. No one feels safe without it.
Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna Jo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bitterness is a dead end. Hatred hurts no one more than he who harbored it.
The wine of alienation is loneliness. ~ Dean Koontz -Strangers

Old 2006-08-25, 10:08am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreamDesigns
Playing around - don't have time to start from scratch so I'm trying out these programs? Anyone have any experience with them?

thanks!!

Martha
Hi Martha - I built our e-commerce site myself using Zen cart, and would certainly recommend it. If you take a look around our site (http://www.beadedlily.com/) you'll see that there are really no true limitations as to what you can do with a Zen. I guess the only limitations are those of the designer. I don't know what your skill level is but the only thing I'd say is that it was no picnic to learn. I had a bit of prior experience and was still pulling my hair out in the beginning. The good news is that there is a Zen forum chock full of designers wise in the ways of Zen.

Good luck!

Tim
Old 2006-08-28, 5:50am
ManBearPig

I use Cube Cart and love it. Of course, I do web design and such for a living, so it was pretty straight forward to me. I could see how someone who hasn't had the experience I had would find it more difficult. I do think it works better and is easier to integrate than Zen Cart. If you go with Cube Cart and run into any problems, I'll be glad to help.

There are also two forums for Cube Cart - www.cubecart.com and www.cubecart.org

Old 2006-08-28, 6:47am
<--- Time traveler

Does ZenCart offer inventory controls? CubeCart says it does, but has anyone tried it with PayPal Payments Pro?

Courtney
Old 2006-08-28, 11:00am
ManBearPig

Cue Cart does work with all of the PayPal services. And the inventory control works as well.

Old 2006-08-28, 11:10am
Satake Woman!

We are using cubecart for our site. Of course I made DH do all the work, and he is pretty good with web stuff. But it integrates nicely with paypal, and our server supports it.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-08-28, 4:39pm

I do web development every day but I don't particularly like messing with server configurations and did not want to start from scratch with sql. No need to anyway. Zencart had a lot going for it but I'm really liking the interface of Cube cart. I might need some help on the Paypal interface - the basic stuff I can get but lately I've had so much trouble with paypal, I'm feeling jinxed!

Thanks everyone -

Martha
Old 2006-09-11, 3:14am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I've been toying around with CubeCart, and I can't figure out how to get it to handle international shipping the way I need it to. For shipping to Canada, I use airmail. For all other countries, I use Global Priority Variable Rate. How do I set CubeCart up to do this?

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2006-09-11, 6:30am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
I've been toying around with CubeCart, and I can't figure out how to get it to handle international shipping the way I need it to. For shipping to Canada, I use airmail. For all other countries, I use Global Priority Variable Rate. How do I set CubeCart up to do this?
Check out cubecart.org. I saw a thread on that exact subject there a few days ago.

Old 2006-10-06, 9:36am
In search of her path....

anyone else playing with cube cart? I could use some help info....I just noticed Yahoo added PHP and MySQL to my hosting...wondering if i can use that...hoping it can help my problems figuring out international shipping.

Prints for sale in my
!