Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-08-14, 11:46am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks for the prayers Nita and Jo, every one helps! Update on the 19th...fingers crossed!

Kinich, WOW, you ROCK, that is coming along swimmingly! I am so excited! Look at all my pretty new Paragon XL kilns too! Remember, great deals on those again this year, we sold out of them last year. Also great deals on gently used, full warranty Carlisle torches, quite a few are pre-sold so don't wait to get on the list for one!

I am SO excited about this new room and working with the AMAZING Cornerstone group again...they are so cool, go out of their way to make sure all is ready and are already family....so wonderful!

Lol, Felicia and Beth!

Can't wait....cut up a sea of glass yesterday...just a sample of ONE box....this is John Kobuki's glass box (just the clear mind you, color going in today)
194 pcs 12" 4mm
64 pcs 14" 10mm
64 pcs 12" 8mm
64 pcs 12" 6 mm
32 pcs 6" 20 mm

It weighs a ton....thank goodness he is such a hunk...he can carry it around, lol!

Ah, on a great pace now...looks like I'll get a day off before the set up...wooohooo!
Love, hugs and glassy goodness all around!
deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deb c; 2013-08-14 at 11:50am.
Old 2013-08-14, 12:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

Looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the new digs. We're very happy to be returning to Cornerstone.

That's a lot of clear, Deb, and I get to use some of it!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-14 at 12:58pm.
Old 2013-08-14, 5:30pm
I'm meeeeelting

I bought one of those 10 lb. garage sale lots of Double Helix discontinued and test lot glass and it arrived today. I've never owned this much DH glass and it may last me a lifetime, but it was too good of a price to pass up.

Some of the bundles are pretty good sized. You guys won't mind too much if I pull a rod from each of them and create a sampler for the silent auction, will you?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-14 at 9:14pm.
Old 2013-08-14, 5:50pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
You guys won't mind too much if I pull a rod from each of them and create a sampler for the silent auction, will you?
Like you have to ask
Old 2013-08-14, 8:29pm

Omg! Looking like I better know my limits on my VISA's and MC's.... and I hope you take them!
I am soooo excited, and hardly know what I am really getting myself into

Old 2013-08-15, 6:26am
honorary bead lady

Oh Dawn if you only really knew
Old 2013-08-15, 7:24am
just another glass addict

Wow!! Looks awesome! Getting close now!!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2013-08-15, 8:31am
Finally doing what I love

Hi All! Very excited 13 days until I'm in Eugene!

Going to the dark side is totally fun. I tried for the first time last year and learned a lot. I took Shawn's perfume bottle class last year and had never touched Tubing before in my life. He was very patient and kept helping me when I screwed up. Don't ever be afraid to try something new. No one even mocked me

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2013-08-15, 8:38am
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
14? CRAP! So much to do, do I have enough trades? Where's my sponsor gifts, auction stuff, SHIT I better pack NOW

Too funny David, if you get packed early maybe I'll drag you down here to pack my stuff sweetie!
Woohoo!

Old 2013-08-15, 8:40am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, wow, that rocks! I am sure people will love a full set of DH, thank you! I also have a full set of DH for part of the hat prize...heads (er, rather hats) UP on the hat prize!
Big hugs, deb

Old 2013-08-15, 8:50am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Visa/ MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsonawire View Post
Omg! Looking like I better know my limits on my VISA's and MC's.... and I hope you take them!
I am soooo excited, and hardly know what I am really getting myself into
Dawn, we will work out a way to take CCs, cash is preferred but we will also take checks. I can take Paypal on purchases over $100.
Hope that helps!
deb

Old 2013-08-15, 8:51am
I'm meeeeelting

It's not quite a full set, but it includes 1/2 lb of glass with 9 test colors, plus a few others that they sent along (odds, discontinueds...) and a chunk of murrini cane. Someone will have fun with it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-15, 8:52am
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Glass View Post
Hi All! Very excited 13 days until I'm in Eugene!

Going to the dark side is totally fun. I tried for the first time last year and learned a lot. I took Shawn's perfume bottle class last year and had never touched Tubing before in my life. He was very patient and kept helping me when I screwed up. Don't ever be afraid to try something new. No one even mocked me
What a great post sweetie! I am sure that quell some people's fears, thank you!
deb

Old 2013-08-15, 9:20am
I'm meeeeelting

I'm glad to hear Shawn was patient, because he's going to have me to contend with in the class this year. Bwahahaha!

Deb, if you create a Square Up account you can log in on my phone and I - or probably one of many other people - can run credit cards for you (or you can do it on yours if you have an iphone or android phone - I can give you a card scanner). It's what all the cool kids are using these days.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-15 at 9:30am.
Old 2013-08-15, 9:30am
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
It's not quite a full set, but it includes 1/2 lb of glass with 9 test colors, plus a few others that they sent along (odds, discontinueds...) and a chunk of murrini cane. Someone will have fun with it.
OOOHHHH, that sounds like a killer pack, thank you sweetie!

For auction items please remember to print and fill out Jill's auction forms attached to 2 newsletters. If you need it again, email me. We will have some available at Meet and Greet so items can be turned in to her Wed night.
Auction is Thursday night!
Thank you all so much!
deb

Old 2013-08-15, 9:35am
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
I'm glad to hear Shawn was patient, because he's going to have me to contend with in the class this year. Bwahahaha!

Deb, if you create a Square Up account you can log in on my phone and I - or probably one of many other people - can run credit cards for you (or you can do it on yours if you have an iphone or android phone - I can give you a card scanner). It's what all the cool kids are using these days.
Thanks Felicia! I just got a really nice new HP laptop with Windows 8 as a gift for my birthday (an early present!)...no iPhone yet so if it will work on my laptop that's great. I am such an IT newbie, lol!

YOU are awesome girl, Shawn will love having you in class!
deb

Old 2013-08-15, 10:07am
I'm meeeeelting

I'm far from awesome at tubing, although I've been practicing a bit. As Cheryl Matson would say, "they're getting roundisher." She gave me a refresher on how to hook the blow tube, etc. recently.

I don't think you can use square from your computer, unfortunately. There may be similar options out there, though.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-15 at 10:12am.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:36am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lol, yeah, tubing hated me for a long time Shawn handles up the larger tubing (where I learned to do it too) and will do it for all of you instead of points, yay!

Yes, won't work on the laptop, just picked my fabulous lil' sister's guru IT brain...looks like I need to get an iphone....this phone is almost 3 years old so I guess maybe it's time....sigh!
Thanks for the help!
xo deb

Old 2013-08-15, 1:28pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Okay from phones I know nothing

I can and will however comment on Shawn and his class from last year.
SUPER awesome fellow! Kind, caring and considerate! He is an awesome teacher! As is every teacher there! There is no "made to feel stupid" going on!!!!!!!

What I love the most about Glass Stock, there are no huge "I'm so good" egos! It's all about the sharing and the learning. I learned AS MUCH from talking to students as I did instructors Because everyone you meet in life can teach you something. Whether it's a good thing, or something NOT to do!
Just my 0.2

I simply cannot wait!!!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-08-15, 6:23pm

Default Gettin' Excited

Sounds like I'm in for a ton of fun at my first Glass Stock Gotta start getting my stuff ready for the 10 hour drive ....ROAD TRIP YEAH!! Can't wait to meet everyone, have fun and learn, learn, learn!!

John aka "BIG JOHN"
Old 2013-08-15, 7:12pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Looking forward to finally meeting you John! It's going to be so much fun to put another face to a name from chat!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-08-16, 6:48am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ah, all this glassy excitement has me so pumped! It is what keeps me going during this crunch time, you are all so awesome!

John, can't wait to meet you either, get ready for SO much fun you'll need a week to recover, I know I always do!

Ok, great news, I bought myself the best birthday present EVER....a new 64 Ipad mini WiFi LTE with all the bells and whistles, even the extra warranty and cover, gulp! Upon checking the 2 year contract on an iPhone I decided this was the best route. My blackberry phone is a flat $50 a month unlimited everything and no contract so even with a $15 a month data plan (everywhere seems to have wireless now so not too much need for a larger plan) I would still save enough every year of the 2 to buy this $800 ipad mini twice!

So I signed up for the Square too and should have everything ready by auction time! It will make it easier to sell the remaining kilns too (2 are pre-sold). Polly has graciously agreed to help me if it comes too late to set up before I go set up GS!

Woooohoooo, 10 days...better get myself out to the torch and make stuff for ebay this last week!
Yippee skippy!!!!! deb

Old 2013-08-16, 6:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

"Don' t just dream about it, get off the couch and do it!"
LOVE that John, my couch gets almost no use anymore now that the dogs are gone, I can't sit still long enough to watch much TV!
deb

Old 2013-08-16, 8:34am
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, you're going to LOVE your ipad mini. I have the full sized ipad and I use it SO much that it's practically an appendage! If your Square Up scanner hasn't arrived by the time you head to Eugene, let me know. I have a couple of spares and can bring you one (I'm home until Tuesday 8/26 when we'll head to Portland for the night and then Eugene the next day).

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-16, 10:23am

I have square also. You can sign in on your computer at their website and use the register without the card reader. I do that often as customers sometimes dont like using or signing up with paypal, so they will call me the information to charge. Just sayin....

Old 2013-08-16, 10:44am
I'm meeeeelting

You can run charges manually without the scanner, but the fees are higher than if you scan the credit card. I couldn't find a way to do it off the website, though. I though it could only be done on a mobile device.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-16, 5:20pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default You're a GEM!

Quote:
Deb, you're going to LOVE your ipad mini. I have the full sized ipad and I use it SO much that it's practically an appendage! If your Square Up scanner hasn't arrived by the time you head to Eugene, let me know. I have a couple of spares and can bring you one (I'm home until Tuesday 8/26 when we'll head to Portland for the night and then Eugene the next day).
Felicia, you are so cool (and savvy!), I just don't know how to thank you enough sometimes! I almost didn't buy it now that I have this sweet laptop but a new pond pump just didn't seem like such a great gift to myself! Now I just have to bust butt to pay my meager savings account back for the thing, I just finished 11 hours straight on torch for ebay Sunday.
I probably will need lots of help.....ROFL! I sure appreciate all your help and will post as soon as I get them, if not, I will ask to borrow your spare.

I wondered how I was going to carry a phone around all the time when I cancelled my landline, now it's habit so I guess my iPad will be too!
BIG giant smiles and hugs to you girl!
xo deb

Old 2013-08-16, 5:24pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsonawire View Post
I have square also. You can sign in on your computer at their website and use the register without the card reader. I do that often as customers sometimes dont like using or signing up with paypal, so they will call me the information to charge. Just sayin....
Thanks Dawn, I thought about that but this laptop is huge (17") and a little hard to carry around easily. The iPad sure was a splurge, spent that on others many times but never on myself except a new kiln, but that is really work related. I guess this is too but hey, I can have fun on it too!
I am so excited, I'll be able to put all the GS docs on there, all my music, my books, maybe a movie.....wooohoooo!
Thanks all of you for your help....it is about time I did CCs instead of just Paypal.
It might make for a good laugh the first few swipes!
gotta laugh, deb

Old 2013-08-16, 5:51pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
It might make for a good laugh the first few swipes!
gotta laugh, deb
Do we start a pool? Number of tries to get it right? Canceled transactions, Number of swear words in one sentence?
Old 2013-08-16, 5:54pm
I'm meeeeelting

At one of my last bead shows, I accidentally hit an extra zero or two on a charge and hit send and then totally panicked, afraid there'd be no way to cancel it. Thankfully, there was. I then confessed to what I did, because I roll that way. The customer was far less amused than I was. ROFL.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-16 at 6:07pm.