Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-06-21, 8:21pm
Dynamic Duo

Default Is this veiled cane? If so, how to use

We recently bought a lot of glass from someone locally leaving the trade. There were these rods of pale green transparent with thin white lines running the length of the rod. Is this veiled cane?

Here is a bead- core is transparent, with some green frit, then encased with transparent.

It was then wound, almost completely encased with the new cane. Further encased with transparent.

As you can see in the closeups, an interesting 'wavey' effect that almost just appears as fingerprint smudges on the glass.

Except in these photographs, the effect is so subtle as to almost not be noticed at all. Is there a better way to show it off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-21, 8:29pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Can you perhaps take a picture of the rod/rod end? That may be more helpful for someone like me.
Old 2012-06-21, 8:29pm
Lampworkaholic!

Do you have a photo of the cane? The bead does have that wispy veiled cane look.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-06-21, 9:33pm

You should see more of the effect if you layer it over a light opaque.
Old 2012-06-22, 2:30pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

or use white as the background.. something to make the color pop against.. looks like veiled to me

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."