LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-07-12, 8:29pm
Burning through glass

Default How to use changable ring top mandrels from JetAge Studio

We have recently started carrying a custom changeable ring top and tools system, and we're very excited about it! We've created a new free tutorial on how to use these tools, and invite you to check it out to see if this new and exciting system is for you!

http://www.jetagestudio.com/assets/P...s_tutorial.pdf

See what other artists have been creating using our tutorial and tools in the Tips and Tricks section here: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=194240 , to get tips and keep up with the evolving additions to this system.....and of course, see the design inspirations.

....and here's a look at our personal work.....these glass tops are all changeable! All you need is one ring shank, and as many ring tops as you can create to change out so you (or your customers) can have a nice changeable top collection!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2011-07-12 at 8:41pm.
Old 2011-07-12, 9:20pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Are you going to be getting more 5 mm size 10 rings in anytime soon?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-07-12, 9:25pm

That's my question too. Waiting to order entire system until she gets some more 5 mm 10 rings in stock. Evidently I'm not the only one with chubby fingers. Dicrodi
Old 2011-07-12, 9:34pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicrodi View Post
That's my question too. Waiting to order entire system until she gets some more 5 mm 10 rings in stock. Evidently I'm not the only one with chubby fingers. Dicrodi
Who you calling chubby?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-07-13, 3:40am
Hobby Junkie

I got a 9, but I really could have used a 10 too. I've got long chubby fingers with knobby knuckles. Lol.

Old 2011-07-13, 9:29am
Burning through glass

Thanks for the questions! Yes, I'm ordering size 10 very soon....just waiting to complete my order, so hopefully by mid next month-ish they'll be here.

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2011-07-13, 9:55am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Placed my order today... SO EXCITED you started to carry these....Looking forward to getting my own collections of ring tops going.... Have an awesome day!!!

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-07-13, 4:30pm
Burning through glass

Thanks Kris! Your order will go out first thing tomorrow morning!

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2011-07-13, 6:24pm

OK, just couldn't resist, just place my order

Can't wait to get this system and try it out

Val

Old 2011-07-14, 5:55am
Yeller Rose

So glad you are going to carry these, and at a reasonable price. YEA!! Barb
Old 2011-07-16, 11:06pm

Talking

Hi Renee- I'm still confused as to how to change your bead caps. Do they screw on??

could you do a side picture and take one off and one on- I don't quite get the concept.

Thanks so much,
karen
Old 2011-07-17, 9:10am
Burning through glass

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for your question. Here's an image I hope will help:

The threaded shaft on the shank of the ring couples with the nut that gets embedded in the ring top via the mandrel the glass is built on.

The disk there is a layer element I've created that stacks under the cabochon top. When everything is screwed together, the top and base looks like this example:

You can couple with other bases as much as you want, provided the thickness doesn't exceed the height of the ring shaft (no more than about 2mm thick)....so you can get really creative with your tops and bases!

Hope that helps.

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2011-07-18, 5:03pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Got my order Saturday and finally got to play today... got my very 1st ring top out of hte kiln and have it on already.... how much fun is this.... will be back for more that is certain.... Renee... shipping was super fast... THANKS!!!! ....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-07-20, 7:37am
Burning through glass

You're welcome Kris! I"m so glad the tutorial was easy to understand, and you're having fun!!

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2011-09-07, 8:09am
Burning through glass

Just an FYI, there's a thread in the Gallery that shows what other folks are doing with their tops! Lots o' inspiration!!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=201799

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2011-09-07, 9:24am

Cool this is something that I can get in the future.
Thank you for having them for sale in your shop.

Rose Leslie
Old 2011-09-07, 9:41pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

I've had a blast making ring tops. I ordered rings as soon as Renee's new shipment arrived. I can hardly wait til they get here!