Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-07, 5:39am
boro color bender

You melt 'em... they are just like any other boro glass, but better... and shorter and flat. Punty up to a piece of clear or attach them end to end and build a long bar. They melt like butter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-04-15, 8:13am
Trying to Hope!

so has anyone else recieved theres yet? just curious I want pics with what you guys do with them

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-04-15, 10:57am
yukue fumei

haven't gotten mine yet....can't wait!

nagi

Old 2007-04-15, 11:31am
Macaw Mamma

Mine haven't arrived yet either.... any day I would think... can't wait!

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2007-04-15, 7:45pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Didn't get mine yet either. Impatient weenie that I am, I emailed Dave to
see if they had gone out yet (nicely - I'm a good customer ).
He wrote back quickly and appologized for the delay. He said he was swamped
by orders (probably from us Boro-Ho's) and was trying to get them out as
quickly as possible. Sounds like a nice guy. I'll be patient for another week...

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-04-15, 10:04pm
Trying to Hope!

yeah I am impatient too he said i got the last 2 pounds of carmel

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-04-16, 12:52pm
Trying to Hope!

I got mine today cant wait to play

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-04-16, 2:10pm

Got mine today too. Yay!

Old 2007-04-16, 3:53pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Got mine today - whoo hoo!

...He packed it up well and it's exactly what I ordered.
I'll definitely give him great feedback!

Only thing I really noticed was when I opened the box it
reeked of smoke. Anybody else notice that?
note: I'm not one of those militant people who freak out when
a box smells like smoke, or is dusted liberally with dog hairs,
but when I opened this box I almost gagged.

Old 2007-04-16, 3:55pm

Thanks for the warning. I am going to open it up outside, discard the box, and then put them through the dishwasher.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-16, 3:56pm

Wait, what kind of smoke? It is boro after all....

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-16, 4:14pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Wait, what kind of smoke? It is boro after all....
I probably wouldn't have noticed that kind of smoke.....

Old 2007-04-16, 6:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I got mine today too. I did not notice a smell, but I opened it in the garage where my fiance smokes, so it would not have stood out to me out there.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-04-16, 6:33pm

I just got mine, and they were a little smoky, but I think it was from the wadded up packing paper that was in it.

Old 2007-04-16, 6:34pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I didn't have any paper in mine - may be why I didn't notice anything.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-04-16, 7:53pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
Got mine today - whoo hoo!

...He packed it up well and it's exactly what I ordered.
I'll definitely give him great feedback!

Only thing I really noticed was when I opened the box it
reeked of smoke. Anybody else notice that?
note: I'm not one of those militant people who freak out when
a box smells like smoke, or is dusted liberally with dog hairs,
but when I opened this box I almost gagged.
maybe the caramel was tobacc-ie?
jk....
crossing fingers that mine will be here soon! Sounds exciting--please show pics of your stash!! When I get mine I want to sift my fingers through them like they are a giant pile of gold coins....pirate booty!!! Arrr!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-17, 12:58am
boro color bender

I don't have mine yet, but I'm glad I came in here... I forgot I ordered them! Woohoo! I love my memory some times... it makes some days like Christmas!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-04-19, 6:01pm
Skeptical Optimist

Awww why must there be so much lovely boro to buy? Are these really worth buying up and stashing away? Let's see some posts of stuff done with them! Thanks!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-04-24, 3:34pm
Evil Glass Enabler

We haven't gotten ours yet. You must have gotten the caramel Paul tried to get. LOL You could send a piece if you wanted. Thanks, Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyki View Post
yeah I am impatient too he said i got the last 2 pounds of carmel

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-04-24, 3:38pm
boro color bender

I got mine yesterday! Woohoo! I love this stuff.

Old 2007-04-24, 7:52pm
sunscreen me baby

What is a gun mount? And why oh why did I miss out???

~

Old 2007-04-24, 11:14pm

They are glass holders for cathroid ray tubes in TV's and monitors. See some of the first posts by Mr Smiley for some info on how they work. You may not have missed out. He has relisted them at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110112920654

There were 168 pounds left, mostly pink with maybe a little of the yellow left.

A word of warning, the guy seems to be swamped with orders for them and is not handling it well. As angelique said, we still have not received our first order I placed on the 5th, and I have not had a reply back to the request for a total for a second order of them I placed last week or to the followup email about it.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-04-24, 11:23pm
yukue fumei

oooo I can't wait--I hope my package comes soon!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-25, 4:32am
sunscreen me baby

Hey Paul! It's Susan from the old TCR board and PACA. Good to see you and I had no idea you were into glass.

~

Old 2007-04-25, 9:46am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ewing View Post
A word of warning, the guy seems to be swamped with orders for them and is not handling it well.
I just got mine yesterday. I had several email "conversations" with him. He seems like a "Good Old Boy" kinda guy - reminds me of my husband. He does things in his own time, on his own schedule and doesn't understand why anyone doesn't understand that. Probably a great person and will come through, but will do it on his terms. Not a natural business person at all. Just someone trying to sell off some stuff that he doesn't want around anymore.

Basically the kind of person you just have to have patience with. Because pushing him will only make him dig in and push back.... Just like my husband... LOL!
Old 2007-04-26, 11:29pm

Angelique says that we just got the first order. I also got a response back from my second order of some more pink and the invoice. He said that he was gone for a few days on a business trip and is trying to catch up. As Barbra said, sounds like someone who wil lcome through in the end, but it just takes a bt of patience.

Hi Susan, long time no see. I don't vist TCR much any more. It pretty much died. American Craft Forum is still sort of active, but i might go there two or three times a month now instead of multiple times a day. A lot of the original people seem to have dropped out which is a pitty. Let's not even get into PACA <grrrrrr>. I still host the website, but took the forum down when it became nothing but spam and Michael's ocasional rants.

Anyway, I am starting to play with boro sculpture now after my wife wanted to make beads. It is fun, and the fire is bigger that in silver work!

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-04-27, 5:00am
sunscreen me baby

Michael = PR nightmare, lol

~

Old 2007-04-27, 12:37pm
yukue fumei

Woohoo!
got my packages today!!!

nagi